Mine Ride Construction Update

djkidkaz

Any updates lately? Haven't had the chance to get over there myself and we're about to get into crazy season so I won't be visiting until after all that is over.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Technically they swing, or sway. Something rocks when the pivot point is at the bottom. In all the videos, I've seen blatant and/or subtle swinging of the cars, so I believe they're performing as advertised.
I think the issue is that the swinging looks very slight. However, I bet like a lot of rides, you REALLY notice the swinging when you're riding. I mean the Teacups don't look like much, but next thing I know the kids are yelling at me to go FASTER and I'm wondering if the recently consumed toppings bar feast has chance of staying in my stomach.

MOXOMUMD

I think the issue is that the swinging looks very slight. However, I bet like a lot of rides, you REALLY notice the swinging when you're riding. I mean the Teacups don't look like much, but next thing I know the kids are yelling at me to go FASTER and I'm wondering if the recently consumed toppings bar feast has chance of staying in my stomach.
:joyfull: Reading this post makes me want to take some Pepto. ;) (sympathy stomach pain)

tl77

When is Spring Break this year in March? We are heading down 2nd week of March and hopefully will maybe get a soft opening.

Well for grade schools and high schools spring break is usually the week before Easter, so like Sat April 12th to Easter Sunday April 20th, Collages have spring break at various times usually in the middle of their spring semester.

So "if" Easter is the deadline, I "guess" it's possible to have a soft open in March, but I don't know for sure, and don't have any inside info, I'm just theorizing on what seems plausible

midwest_mice

Well for grade schools and high schools spring break is usually the week before Easter, so like Sat April 12th to Easter Sunday April 20th, Collages have spring break at various times usually in the middle of their spring semester.

So "if" Easter is the deadline, I "guess" it's possible to have a soft open in March, but I don't know for sure, and don't have any inside info, I'm just theorizing on what seems plausible
Yeah I was wondering about college spring breaks, I had figured the week of Good Friday is when the grade/high schools were out and some even the week after Easter(here locally they are off Good Friday til Friday after Easter)

tl77

Yeah I was wondering about college spring breaks, I had figured the week of Good Friday is when the grade/high schools were out and some even the week after Easter(here locally they are off Good Friday til Friday after Easter)

I'm guessing it'll be closer to Easter, because it's a fixed date that families with children can, and usually do, book a trip around. I know any time there's a day off for public school kids there's also a up tick WDW attendance, like Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas week, MLK weekend, President's day, Columbus day, ect... Easter week is another big break for kids and families, and since the Mine Train is meant for families it just seems to me they would want to try and get it open by then

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Is that an American thing?

In Ontario, March Break is not tied to the Easter weekend in any way. March Break starts (and has since I started school 36+ years ago) the 2nd Saturday of March and runs for 9 days. Occasionally, the Friday before is deemed a P.A. Day, thereby making it a 10 day break.
My son's b'day is March 12, and generally fell during March Break. My nephew's b'day is the 15th, and 100% of the time occurred during the break.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Is that an American thing?

In Ontario, March Break is not tied to the Easter weekend in any way. March Break starts (and has been since I started school 36+ years ago) the 2nd Saturday of March and runs for 9 days. Occasionally, the Friday before is deemed a P.A. Day, thereby making it a 10 day break.
My son's b'day is March 12, and generally fell during March Break. My nephew's b'day is the 15th, and 100% of the time occurred during the break.
Yes. Most US schools run their week long (not 9 days) spring breaks either starting or ending with Easter weekend.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yes. Most US schools run their week long (not 9 days) spring breaks either starting or ending with Easter weekend.
It's only 9 days here, because it's book-ended by 2 weekends. Only five actual days out of class, unless they add the P.A. Day at the front.

For fun, I just googled it. Apparently the dates here vary by province.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom