Mine Ride Construction Update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Based on the 4 circling downward layers (that can be seen), it looks like there will be much more to this attraction than the simple track layout on page 1 indicated, making it a much longer and thrilling attraction...I might have to drag my daughter on this, considering her fear of thrill rides.

Not sure what you are looking at but I haven't seen anything in the construction shots that is inconsistent with the expected layout.

minepossible1.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Is it wrong that I tell my husband I agree with him we should take a break from our yearly WDW trip and skip 2013 and go back in 2014, but in reality, I just want to wait to go back until this thing opens?

Heh...the morality of the reason you give your hubby is not my business :- P

But we are taking the same approach. We're going to DLR in May and not going back yo WDW until this is open. Disney owes my wallet something new, but instead we've been 4 times in 2 years with more things being closed or broken than open.

This is how TDO will learn...if more people did this.

phi2134

Heh...the morality of the reason you give your hubby is not my business :- P

But we are taking the same approach. We're going to DLR in May and not going back yo WDW until this is open. Disney owes my wallet something new, but instead we've been 4 times in 2 years with more things being closed or broken than open.

This is how TDO will learn...if more people did this.

Do you think that if more people either postpone or cancel their WDW trips in favor of other parks that the decrease would be noticeable? The main reason I ask this is because of large tour groups coming from outside the US. Seems like every year these groups are growing, especially from places like Brazil and other countries in S.A., and just from observations I am assuming its mostly younger adults/teenagers.

I can only guess at this, but I would think that Disney has a huge revenue stream coming in from well established Disney families that do the whole Disney experience, from cruises to DVC to staying at their premium resorts/moderate resorts. If these groups started to cut back, I can only wonder how much it would make them notice. I go to Disney at least once every two years and the demographic keeps changing to younger and might I say rowdier groups of people, which seem to make it less of an enjoyable experience.

openendedsky

Do you think that if more people either postpone or cancel their WDW trips in favor of other parks that the decrease would be noticeable? The main reason I ask this is because of large tour groups coming from outside the US. Seems like every year these groups are growing, especially from places like Brazil and other countries in S.A., and just from observations I am assuming its mostly younger adults/teenagers.

I can only guess at this, but I would think that Disney has a huge revenue stream coming in from well established Disney families that do the whole Disney experience, from cruises to DVC to staying at their premium resorts/moderate resorts. If these groups started to cut back, I can only wonder how much it would make them notice. I go to Disney at least once every two years and the demographic keeps changing to younger and might I say rowdier groups of people, which seem to make it less of an enjoyable experience.
I'm glad you brought up this point, as I've been thinking the same thing. Even if families stop returning to Disney, it seems that the number of tour groups and out of country tourists continues to grow.

JeffH

I guess the scaffolding has me fooled into thinking that built into the simple track layout were circular layers that we can't see, which would be more ideal in storytelling and increase capacity because each (if multiple) lift to a peak would allow a new train on the track and quite a story could be told as the car spirals down from the peak faster and faster until the next climb to the next peak...
as opposed to the simple 'flat' track that be over with in less time than the original attraction (which was one of the fastest/shortest dark rides there were).
This AND BELLE'S COTTAGE better have fast-pass.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess the scaffolding has me fooled into thinking that built into the simple track layout were circular layers that we can't see, which would be more ideal in storytelling and increase capacity because each (if multiple) lift to a peak would allow a new train on the track and quite a story could be told as the car spirals down from the peak faster and faster until the next climb to the next peak...
as opposed to the simple 'flat' track that be over with in less time than the original attraction (which was one of the fastest/shortest dark rides there were).

You are partially right, it is a roller coaster so it doesn't have a flat track, it's just hard to see that in the diagram. It will have two lift hills, one of which will be indoors and that's where the mine scene will be.

JungleTrekFan

Your gona be sooo mad. Lol

michmousefan

Agreed....kind of wish they would have a peak in window to that shop :)
That would be fun to see. The ride looks fun, if a bit short. The real value of this attraction will be in the theming and the AAs. From the looks of what they did with the rockwork at Mermaid, I'm sure the mountain and the mine will look great inside and out. Let's hope they have a good chunk of funds in the budget for upkeep of the moving parts, both the AAs and those swinging ride vehicles.

It really looks as if the ride has three parts to it... the first lift and outdoor section, the middle segment in the mine with the second lift (I wouldn't be surprised if the lift goes rather slow in this part to allow guests to take in the scenery) and the second outdoor section and finale.

Will the station and load/unload be enclosed or just on a platform?

phi2134

That would be fun to see. The ride looks fun, if a bit short. The real value of this attraction will be in the theming and the AAs. From the looks of what they did with the rockwork at Mermaid, I'm sure the mountain and the mine will look great inside and out. Let's hope they have a good chunk of funds in the budget for upkeep of the moving parts, both the AAs and those swinging ride vehicles.

It really looks as if the ride has three parts to it... the first lift and outdoor section, the middle segment in the mine with the second lift (I wouldn't be surprised if the lift goes rather slow in this part to allow guests to take in the scenery) and the second outdoor section and finale.

Will the station and load/unload be enclosed or just on a platform?
I believe it's supposed to all be enclosed and judging from the artwork it will be. But might have to defer to an expert for that

Tom

Beta Return
I believe it's supposed to all be enclosed and judging from the artwork it will be. But might have to defer to an expert for that

I BELIEVE it will be indoors, or at least covered like EE. The plans I saw showed what appeared to be a building/structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom