Mine Ride Construction Update

Sped2424

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already:

Do we know if the Dwarf's/Snow White's Cottage will only be a facade, or will it have a working interior (gift shop, m&g, etc) ?

Thanks!!
last i recall I remember reading that it was just for show and that guests would not enter it

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, last I have seen is that the face of the structure had most of its rockwork on and a lot of the Beasts Castle side has its rock work. The only side that hasn't gotten its rockwork is Prince Eric's Castle side. All of the rock work is supposed to match the attraction that it is facing, thus, creating a centerpiece that can fit with the theming. What a lot of people are forgetting is that this is going to have a dark ride element to it as well, so the imagineers are working on interior rockwork and design along with the aa's.The ride itself will be opened early 2014, like planned. After all, Disney needs to be on time with this because the kept pushing dumbo back and back. Being on time with the e ticket will be a huge success and the crowds for opening day will be much larger.

No, no, no, no.:banghead: Why did you have to use the e word. Now I'm going to have to read through pages of kiddie coaster comments. I wish the ride would just open so we could end this back and forth.

Tom

Beta Return
No, no, no, no.:banghead: Why did you have to use the e word. Now I'm going to have to read through pages of kiddie coaster comments. I wish the ride would just open so we could end this back and forth.

I'm glad you were the first to comment on the improper use of "e ticket".

Captain Chaos

Well, last I have seen is that the face of the structure had most of its rockwork on and a lot of the Beasts Castle side has its rock work. The only side that hasn't gotten its rockwork is Prince Eric's Castle side. All of the rock work is supposed to match the attraction that it is facing, thus, creating a centerpiece that can fit with the theming. What a lot of people are forgetting is that this is going to have a dark ride element to it as well, so the imagineers are working on interior rockwork and design along with the aa's.The ride itself will be opened early 2014, like planned. After all, Disney needs to be on time with this because the kept pushing dumbo back and back. Being on time with the e ticket will be a huge success and the crowds for opening day will be much larger.
Only there is one or two indoor show scenes and no AAs...

Pixiedustmaker

I'm glad you were the first to comment on the improper use of "e ticket".

Tony Baxter recently pointed out in an interview that it is hard to gauge whether an attraction will be a E Ticket before it opens. Before Epcot opened, the Imagination Pavilion didn't get the sort of publicity as the other pavilions, and it turned out to be a much bigger hit than people expected. Baxter said that folks at WDI would pitch an attraction as a D+ with a C-Ticket price . . . but that this doesn't make sense as you can't judge popularity before something opens. Some attractions, when they had the ticket system, would fluctuate between a C,D and E based on demand. If an attraction got very long lines as a D, then it was bumped up into price as an E-Ticket.

People also disagree about what an E-Ticket is, some people might call Space or Star Tours an E-Ticket, others might not.

Based on what is in Fantasyland, 7DMT might well be the most popular attraction in the whole land. In terms of real rides, MK's Fantasyland has:

Dumbo
Tea Cups
Pooh
Small World
Peter Pan
Mermaid
Great Goofini

Based on demand, 7DMT will likely start out life as an E-Ticket, and could well be Fantasyland's premiere attraction, the one everybody wants to ride at least once. I wish 7DMT had more show scenes (like a lot more) but I think it will be, in essence, FL's E-Ticket.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tony Baxter recently pointed out in an interview that it is hard to gauge whether an attraction will be a E Ticket before it opens. Before Epcot opened, the Imagination Pavilion didn't get the sort of publicity as the other pavilions, and it turned out to be a much bigger hit than people expected. Baxter said that folks at WDI would pitch an attraction as a D+ with a C-Ticket price . . . but that this doesn't make sense as you can't judge popularity before something opens. Some attractions, when they had the ticket system, would fluctuate between a C,D and E based on demand. If an attraction got very long lines as a D, then it was bumped up into price as an E-Ticket.

People also disagree about what an E-Ticket is, some people might call Space or Star Tours an E-Ticket, others might not.

Based on what is in Fantasyland, 7DMT might well be the most popular attraction in the whole land. In terms of real rides, MK's Fantasyland has:

Dumbo
Tea Cups
Pooh
Small World
Peter Pan
Mermaid
Great Goofini

Based on demand, 7DMT will likely start out life as an E-Ticket, and could well be Fantasyland's premiere attraction, the one everybody wants to ride at least once. I wish 7DMT had more show scenes (like a lot more) but I think it will be, in essence, FL's E-Ticket.

This assumes that you still base the ticket level of a ride on it's popularity, as it worked when ticket books were around. Today people use ticket level more to describe the size, scope and quality of the attraction then it's popularity, although the two are often synonymous.

Pixiedustmaker

This assumes that you still base the ticket level of a ride on it's popularity, as it worked when ticket books were around. Today people use ticket level more to describe the size, scope and quality of the attraction then it's popularity, although the two are often synonymous.

An attraction's quality is in the eye of the beholder, specifically, the average guest. If an attraction is high quality, usually the average guest wants to ride it, be it a high-quality spinner or a high-quality themed coaster. So, given that you can't say that quality and popularity are mutually exclusive, perhaps all that can be said about 7DMT is that it is high-quality in terms of construction practices (and maybe not even that just based on appearances.) Superstar limo was probably high-quality in terms of building a safe/low-maintenance ride system . . . but artistic quality varies a lot based on perceptions of different people.

When people describe 7DMT as being "not an E Ticket", they are also making quality judgements which may, or may not, turn out to be true. You can blow the budget of Splash Mountain on an attraction which doesn't turned to be as popular as you might have liked, and alternatively, a "sleeper" attraction can turn out to be quite popular. So, all you can say about an attraction under construction is that it has such and such a budget, and may turn out to be popular, to one degree or another.

The whole "D" versus "E" debate is kind of meaningless for 7DMT, as it implies a level of percision that doesn't exist because it is based on subjective assessments. E-Ticket is kinda used as slang, an imprecise term that should perhaps be avoided when trying to differentiate an attraction such as between a D and E. Of course, wel all know that a "real E-Ticket ride" is also slang for a great ride.

So, for a 3 year old, Dumbo might well be an E-Ticket, though adults would probably disagree.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
An attraction's quality is in the eye of the beholder, specifically, the average guest. If an attraction is high quality, usually the average guest wants to ride it, be it a high-quality spinner or a high-quality themed coaster. So, given that you can't say that quality and popularity are mutually exclusive, perhaps all that can be said about 7DMT is that it is high-quality in terms of construction practices (and maybe not even that just based on appearances.) Superstar limo was probably high-quality in terms of building a safe/low-maintenance ride system . . . but artistic quality varies a lot based on perceptions of different people.

When people describe 7DMT as being "not an E Ticket", they are also making quality judgements which may, or may not, turn out to be true. You can blow the budget of Splash Mountain on an attraction which doesn't turned to be as popular as you might have liked, and alternatively, a "sleeper" attraction can turn out to be quite popular. So, all you can say about an attraction under construction is that it has such and such a budget, and may turn out to be popular, to one degree or another.

The whole "D" versus "E" debate is kind of meaningless for 7DMT, as it implies a level of percision that doesn't exist because it is based on subjective assessments. E-Ticket is kinda used as slang, an imprecise term that should perhaps be avoided when trying to differentiate an attraction such as between a D and E. Of course, wel all know that a "real E-Ticket ride" is also slang for a great ride.

So, for a 3 year old, Dumbo might well be an E-Ticket, though adults would probably disagree.

This is why I try to stay out of ticket letter debates, of course I don't always succeed. :)

Sped2424

Dumbo
Tea Cups
Pooh
Small World
Peter Pan
Mermaid
Great Goofini

I too agree with statement, you know every land has that I need to ride it ride no matter what? Plus it will be the centerpiece to fantasyland over here, as for whether or not it will live up to the expectations of an e ticket everyone has we shall see when it premieres.

matt9112

The mountain looks big only one or two show scenes? And has this been mentioned will the que be all indoor more or less? In the mountain? Or will it sort of run around outside rock work?

Magic Lamp

The mountain looks big only one or two show scenes? And has this been mentioned will the queue be all indoor more or less? In the mountain? Or will it sort of run around outside rock work?
From the concept imagery, the queue will be mostly inside with some interactive elements related to mining activities. They've also once mentioned the cottage being part of a walk-through (and not the imagined meet-and-greet) but I've not seen any blueprints for it yet. It'll probably be just the background for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom