Mine Ride Construction Update

SirLink

Construction work is loud. Can't have that in the middle of a fantasy theme oark. (Eighty loud Brazilians screaming and chanting, however, is fine)

Can;t blame Disney for not building during opening hours. I do have a slight inkling though that there was a bvery deliberate plan behind the tiered opening of NFL. The idea is that customers come visit the finished part of the repurposed FL this year, to see Mermaid and Belle. Then there they see this massive construction in the middle of it and are supposesed to say to themselves 'honey, we've got to come back next summer for the Snow White coaster!'

One repurposing project, and it is marketed as 'new this year!' for three years in a row. One can't help but wonder if the building schedule is adjusted to support marketing.

Oh I can - when they have been killing show for a little over two decades they can pitch up some flood lights and get people working 24/7 on the damn thing to get projects open in a reasonable time frame.

msteel

Looks like you might be right, I don't see any evidence of a mine entrance anymore. Just an FYI, that's the first lift hill.

Yes, but even though the location that was open and was touted as the "mine entrance" was next to the first lift hill, wasn't it actually above/over the concrete roof that was covering the second lift hill?

DatelineDisneyWorld7302013-IMG_4907.jpg

Construction work is loud. Can't have that in the middle of a fantasy theme park. (Whereas eighty loud Brazilians screaming and chanting, however, is fine)

Can;t blame Disney for not building during opening hours.

Actually, you can blame TDO. They could easily have construction happening during the park's operating hours, just like in DCA. The Little Mermaid attraction, Buena Vista Street, and Cars Land all had constant construction during operating hours. TDO just refuses to spend the money to get the project completed on time and would rather draaagg out the construction process to save a few bucks.

The Empress Lilly

Actually, you can blame TDO. They could easily have construction happening during the park's operating hours, just like in DCA. The Little Mermaid attraction, Buena Vista Street, and Cars Land all had constant construction during operating hours. TDO just refuses to spend the money to get the project completed on time and would rather draaagg out the construction process to save a few bucks.
Construction work during the day is cheaper than work during the night. WDW actively spends more on construction work so as not to disturb guests during park operating hours with heavy and noisy work. (As well as they shouldn't!)

The Fantasyland Repurposing Project has been dragged out over several years for fiscal and marketing reasons.

I don't mind. I can wait another year for a project to finish. There is always a steady flow of projects. So by building slowly that still means nothing more in the end that this year I saw last year's project finished. In other words, if WDW builds one X each year, I don't care if they build each X in three months or three years. They still deliver one X each year.

Last edited:

rangerbob

I was there last weekend and I saw 2 people working on the welding on the mountain. I've also previously seen the rock workers up there doing their concrete work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, but even though the location that was open and was touted as the "mine entrance" was next to the first lift hill, wasn't it actually above/over the concrete roof that was covering the second lift hill?

Yes, you are correct it was over the second lift hill roof.

They might not being doing all the work during the day, but if you look at the photo updates posted here you will see workers in a lot of them, so they are working during operating hours.

sponono88

I'm not sure if this was already posted. At the Imagineering pavilion they have many diagrams of the AA dwarfs and critters that will be in the ride.

I took a few pictures that I will post later, and will try to get better pictures tomorrow.
Amazing exhibit btw!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom