Mine Ride Construction Update

KLeigh

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already:

Do we know if the Dwarf's/Snow White's Cottage will only be a facade, or will it have a working interior (gift shop, m&g, etc) ?

Thanks!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already:

Do we know if the Dwarf's/Snow White's Cottage will only be a facade, or will it have a working interior (gift shop, m&g, etc) ?

Thanks!!

I believe the Cottage will have a show scene that you will pass at the end of the ride right before unload. Other then that it will just be decretive you won't be able to walk through it.

Pixiedustmaker

I believe the Cottage will have a show scene that you will pass at the end of the ride right before unload. Other then that it will just be decretive you won't be able to walk through it.

The "cottage" will be a large building (made to look small via forced perspective), which will have the show scene in the back for the mine car to pass by, and the "front" i.e. south side will have the exit and gift shop. I'm hoping they still go with the 'smoke' (steam) through the chimney.

Pixiedustmaker

Soft opening (unofficial opening to guests) guesses tally:

Pixiedustmaker - December 20th, 2013
hockeyfran - January 15th, 2013
jdmdisney99 - February 13th, 2014
G8rchamps - February 15th, 2014
Tom - March 1st, 2014
danlb_2000 - March 3rd, 2014
KLeight - March 7th, 2014
Goofgoof - March 20th, 2014
Scuttle - March 30th, 2014
Much-Pixie-Dust - April 4th, 2014
Jose - April 12th, 2014
Goofy6294 - April 15th, 2014
ShookieJones - May 2nd, 2014
croboy82 - May 20th, 2014

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The "cottage" will be a large building (made to look small via forced perspective), which will have the show scene in the back for the mine car to pass by, and the "front" i.e. south side will have the exit and gift shop. I'm hoping they still go with the 'smoke' (steam) through the chimney.

According to Lee there is no gift shop in the cottage and you don't exit through it...

Nah...you exit past the cottage, not through it. No shop there.

Lee

Adventurer
According to Lee there is no gift shop in the cottage and you don't exit through it...
Based on the diagrams I have/seen, that would be the case.
However, the way things have changed on this ride in the last 18 months or so, anything is possible.

I don't recall seeing anything official about the cottage being guest-accessible...

KLeigh

Put me down for March 7th - catching the college spring break, and (hopefully) opening in time for the (traditional) K-12 spring break during the first full week in April.

Pixiedustmaker

Based on the diagrams I have/seen, that would be the case.
However, the way things have changed on this ride in the last 18 months or so, anything is possible.

I don't recall seeing anything official about the cottage being guest-accessible...

Oh . . . I thought I saw something like that in concept art. Probably makes sense, why keep the Seven Dwarfs Mine shop next to the Princess meet and greet? Surely they'd like to use that retail space for Pooh and Princess merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom