Mine Ride Construction Update

Sped2424

Last one is sleepy hollow refreshments which is looking nice, also looks like the side "gems" on the track are being made to look like wood chips. Got some over the wall pics but they aren't the greatest as I am not the tallest haha

Pixiedustmaker

We need someone with a camera to go get some shots of that area next to the lift to see if there is any framework for the "fake" mine entrance. Last photo I saw didn't show anything (below).
Of course it could be just a superficial structure that will be added later, but I would expect to see signs of it by now.

Dwarf+Coaster+Rail.jpg

Looks like there is evidence of the fake mine shaft right in this picture, you have a floor (part of it covered with tar paper, and the metal support structure to obviously hold a roof over this section, this is exactly where the fake mine entrance is supposed to be! East of the second lift hill, which is interior I believe. (No reason for a weather proofed floor here unless you've got something like a mine entrance. Makes sense that this area could be exposed to the elements as it has a pretty good slope which will run off any blown-in rain fairly quickly, which I hear it frequently happens in Orlando.

I guess this a trick question to see if we're paying attention?

I'm guessing a hidden speaker with the sounds of Dwarfs singing/working, as you go up the first lift hill . . . a little clever bit of foreshadowing.

Pixiedustmaker

Thanks, those are great.

Nice shot of the non-log bridge. ;)

Those pictures, I believe show the "real bridge" on the upper level, not where the log-bridge will theoretically go, i.e. down where the water is . . .

Another trick question . . . the insiders are tricky!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The latest pictures on Damouse show more work in that area but I can't make out exactly what has been done.

http://damouse.com/2013/06/13/seven...pletion-marks-major-project-milestone-part-2/
We need someone with a camera to go get some shots of that area next to the lift to see if there is any framework for the "fake" mine entrance. Last photo I saw didn't show anything (below).
Of course it could be just a superficial structure that will be added later, but I would expect to see signs of it by now.

(Same for the normal bridge on the other side...;))

Dwarf+Coaster+Rail.jpg

PorterRedkey

I have a question about this picture:
Seven-Dwarfs-Mine-Train-Ride-construction-at-Disneys-Magic-Kingdom-YouTube.mp4_snapshot_01.55_2013.04.25_17.14.01.jpg

Is this at the beginning of the ride? The track to the left look like it could be the loading area. Is the area suppose to have a scene before the lift hill.?

I see three possible areas that could have show scenes:

1. After the loading platform, before the first hill
2. After the first hill, when you enter the mine for the second lift hill
3. After the second hill, after you enter the mountain again, before the unloading platform

I know we will have a show scene in area #2, but what about areas 1 and 3?

I couldn't find @Lee 's post, so any help would be appreciated!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Seven-Dwarfs-Mine-Train-Ride-construction-at-Disneys-Magic-Kingdom-YouTube.mp4_snapshot_01.55_2013.04.25_17.14.01.jpg

Is this at the beginning of the ride? The track to the left look like it could be the loading area. Is the area suppose to have a scene before the lift hill.?

3. After the second hill, after you enter the mountain again, before the unloading platform

I think it is #2. There is a large inside area just before the second lift hill which is where the main mine scene will be. This looks like that scene.

Clamman73

Thinking also it's before lift B in the mine. You make a left here, and then a right turn that takes you up lift B.

Lee

Adventurer
Those pictures, I believe show the "real bridge" on the upper level, not where the log-bridge will theoretically go, i.e. down where the water is . . .

Another trick question . . . the insiders are tricky!
Not at all. The bridge shown above was the only possible location for the log. Clearly, as I said earlier, the log was cut.

The lower water crossing is part of an upward helix, and will absolutely not feature a log-bridge.

Lee

Adventurer
Looks like there is evidence of the fake mine shaft right in this picture, you have a floor (part of it covered with tar paper, and the metal support structure to obviously hold a roof over this section, this is exactly where the fake mine entrance is supposed to be! East of the second lift hill, which is interior I believe. (No reason for a weather proofed floor here unless you've got something like a mine entrance. Makes sense that this area could be exposed to the elements as it has a pretty good slope which will run off any blown-in rain fairly quickly, which I hear it frequently happens in Orlando.

I guess this a trick question to see if we're paying attention?

I'm guessing a hidden speaker with the sounds of Dwarfs singing/working, as you go up the first lift hill . . . a little clever bit of foreshadowing.
So...somewhere in this photo is a mine entrance?
I don't see it. Maybe it's gonna be real small...
Or else it could be a theme element added later...
image.jpg

Pixiedustmaker

Not at all. The bridge shown above was the only possible location for the log. Clearly, as I said earlier, the log was cut.

The lower water crossing is part of an upward helix, and will absolutely not feature a log-bridge.

Not sure why you'd thin that the log would be up in the air like that, but, yes, I am figuring that the lower water crossing might well be a "log". Either a traditional bridge or a "log" bridge are just superficial rockwork added on around the track as the pylons support the track, not any of these "bridges." They are just superficial structures!

Pixiedustmaker

Seriously, this picture shows the mine "entrance" it would theoretically be big enough to allow a train to enter (at least the opening), but it is just a clever bit of a construction. Yes or no? You do see the roofing tarpaper and the steel made for a cavity here?

The other picture you show is at an odd angle and shows the progress on the rockwork to the left of the likely mine entrance, so yes, from that angle all that steel is in the way.

The steel is arrange so that a "passageway" can be creatd, though it obviously tapers upwards and downwards.

Pixiedustmaker

So...somewhere in this photo is a mine entrance?
I don't see it. Maybe it's gonna be real small...
Or else it could be a theme element added later...
View attachment 29056

The angle is horrible, but do you see the "wooden" floor, i.e. decking for a roof, i.e. an area that will be exposed a big to the elements? It is on the lower left, horrible angle, but you can clearly see the mine train entrance in the other photos! I would wager that the "entrance" is 10' by 10', with the rockwork on the outside it will be a bit less I would guess. If they paint the interior pitch black, especially at the back, people will have no idea that it tapers. Or they could use forced perspective and some props to make it look long.

Either way, we'll see in a bit, but I'm guessing that this is the mine entrance, it is *exactly* where it is on the model.

Pixiedustmaker

I am not ready to say it won't be there. From that angle, with that tangle of steel, it's really hard to see exactly what is there.

The angle is horrible, but looking at the model, all of that new steel is for rockwork in the area to the left, and downward a bit, from the entrance. You can still see the "floor" for this area. The big tip-off is that it looks a heckuva like roofing decking, and tar paper, with some stuff put down to protect it temporarily during welding (actually maybe the roof deck, whatever it is, has already been covered and that is just more stuff to protect from welding or whatever). Completely unlike anything on the mountain as rock is cement and can be exposed to the elements. No rockwork here as it is sheltered, and you can drill access for electrical through tar paper/decking.

Pixiedustmaker

Tar paper is black . . . it is used for roofing, it looks like they put down some stuff on the right side of the tar paper to protect during welding or something, but I would say that this is roofing for an exposed area, i.e. a mine shaft that won't get strictly horizontal rain, but yes, some wind-driven rain. They could have done rock work here, but it is sheltered and they have the options of doing future work here. You could sit with four friends (on a steep slope) and have lunch here while the mine train goes by! Notice how the steel is in *rows* to support/build walls and a ceiling? You can see downward and to the left there is a platform for more rockwork before the RV comes to the mine train entrance.

Dwarf+Coaster+Rail.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
Not sure why you'd thin that the log would be up in the air like that, but, yes, I am figuring that the lower water crossing might well be a "log". Either a traditional bridge or a "log" bridge are just superficial rockwork added on around the track as the pylons support the track, not any of these "bridges." They are just superficial structures!
I never thought it would be up in the air, but that's where the concept art showed it. Not happening.

Also not happening on the lower bridge.

And you mean to tell me they are only superficial theming? No! Really? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom