Mine Ride Construction Update

Castle Cake Apologist

in the WDW Original Snow Whit'es Scary Adventures, the Witch WAS in the mines...it was her that at the end dropped a gigantic gem on your car presumably causing your death....throughout the mine sequence you could hear her cackle...
So... not at all odd to think of her in the Mine...

This, exactly. I was on my way to post this same thing.

Pixiedustmaker

it looks like a good spot for a show scene, and people were posting about the witch

MK_SevenDwarfs_MineTrain_FLmodel-goldhaber.jpg

The mine shaft in question is encounter by guests right before they go down the first lift hill, and before they enter the inside of the mine to see the show scenes . . . I would guess that it will be used for foreshadowing, likely you'll hear the Dwarfs singing, before you meet them in the flesh, so to say.

tdpolo26

I'm still hoping that they put the construction in high gear and have the ride open for preview by early Dec.
2014 or 2015 ....i have good faithy by 2014 if they try real hard they might be able to do it....
putting humor aside if we are comparing it to construction on ariel and batb it is at least 6 to 8 months till a guest sits in a mine car. When they had all the rock work done on ariel it was still 2 months before a guest was able to get on.

Castle Cake Apologist

Agree wholeheartedly . The witch was trying to force a boulder loose with a long wooden staff. There must be a photo somewhere . If she doesn't show up in the mine, most will be disappointed.

The boulder was from the updated second version of the attraction, where they toned everything down. The witch actually met her fate from being crushed by it and then you saw several "happily ever after" scenes.

In the original terrifying version of the ride, (if I recall correctly) she literally pushed a giant gem on top of you and a bunch of strobes went off signifying your death and then the ride was over. That original version was messed up and totally horrifying, especially for a kid. Snow White was nowhere to be found in it.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
2014 or 2015 ....i have good faithy by 2014 if they try real hard they might be able to do it....
putting humor aside if we are comparing it to construction on ariel and batb it is at least 6 to 8 months till a guest sits in a mine car. When they had all the rock work done on ariel it was still 2 months before a guest was able to get on.

The logic part of my brain tells me "no way that it's anywhere near complete by Dec", the WDW controlled part of my brain says "there's still a chance".

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
The logic part of my brain tells me "no way that it's anywhere near complete by Dec", the WDW controlled part of my brain says "there's still a chance".

I'm hoping it's done when I go in January. I'm taking my friend. It would be nice if it were done since who knows when she'll get back there.

dman1373

the one thing that people are asuming is that all of the scenes inside are going to be mine scenes. Not all of the inside scenes even have to be ''inside'' scenes if you will. Just look at splash mountain. So there are still plenty of places for the witch to possibly go.

Lee

Adventurer
the one thing that people are asuming is that all of the scenes inside are going to be mine scenes. Not all of the inside scenes even have to be ''inside'' scenes if you will. Just look at splash mountain. So there are still plenty of places for the witch to possibly go.
Maybe it's because when I posted a scene breakdown it listed all the scenes that were in the ride...
(At least as of the time it was posted.)

Pixiedustmaker

I didn't know about the scene breakdown. I guess it will be harder to wedge her in then.

Wasn't the witch in SWSA getting ready to drop a boulder down on guests from a hilltop or something? I don't think she was ever physically "inside" of the mine in the film. If so, a logical place to put her would be in an outside area of the ride, IMO.

A problem with the old SWSA was that the witch scared the little kids a bit too much, well, I think that most kids who go on 7DMT (which will have a height restriction), will be more scared by swinging than the witch.

In some 7DMT question and answer session, it was reported that the witch will be in the ride. Alls they need to do is put in some conduit, electrical/control, in a semi-sheltered spot and put in a weatherized version of the witch. Of course, it isn't this easy, the spot on the track needs to be properly selected, perhaps so guests get a fleeting image, and it has to make sense. If the final scene is SW & the Seven Dwarfs dancing, then she hasn't been poisoned yet in the movie timeline, have the witch headed towards the cottage with a basket of apples.

You'd think that they'd already be putting in some animatronic critters on the ride . . .

Splash does have interior show scenes which depict the out of doors in the south, but Splash makes it work because the ride has a lot of show scenes, and you have more time to adjust to the reality inside of the showbuilding, 7DMT just has a couple.

tl77

Lee

Adventurer
Was there any indication what's in this space at the top of the first lift hill? I noticed on the most recent Scott Keating photo, the construction seems to have skipped over this spot on the mountain.
I don't know.
It isn't on the diagrams I have.

Pixiedustmaker

Wouldn't be the first time that Disney had a false mine entrance:

minetrain_remnant2007ww.jpg

Or built a cave type structure with voices coming from it . . .

disney_world_riverboat_pirate_cave.png

Or maybe the voice of a critter . . .

rufus.jpg

Sounds to me that 7DMT might get a 'mine entrance to nowhere', with the faint, but appreciable, sound of the dwarfs working/singing . . .

Lee

Adventurer
We need someone with a camera to go get some shots of that area next to the lift to see if there is any framework for the "fake" mine entrance. Last photo I saw didn't show anything (below).
Of course it could be just a superficial structure that will be added later, but I would expect to see signs of it by now.

(Same for the normal bridge on the other side...;))

Dwarf+Coaster+Rail.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom