Mine Ride Construction Update

Lee

Adventurer
Is this assessment of the possibility of a log bridge just based on the pre-vis, or top secret insider diagrams?
A little bit of both.
That helix won't have any theming to make it resemble a log.
I think the "tar paper" floor/roof (which has a second roof over this, is the mine shaft, and it appears to be north of the second lift, and more over the maintenance area.
No. The sloped roof is directly over the second lift. The maintenance area is further north.

Pixiedustmaker

No. The sloped roof is directly over the second lift. The maintenance area is further north.

?? Not per your drawing where I take it that the second lift is pink, and the orange circle is in the location of the very small sloped roof . . . under the main roof yet to be added. The second lift also wouldn't extend that far, if you compare it to the size of the first lift . . . way too long. It seems that the curved part of the mountain (green on top) was built especially to encapsulate the second lift.

flover-jpg.29059

Lee

Adventurer
?? Not per your drawing where I take it that the second lift is pink, and the orange circle is in the location of the very small sloped roof . . . under the main roof yet to be added. The second lift also wouldn't extend that far, if you compare it to the size of the first lift . . . way too long. It seems that the curved part of the mountain (green on top) was built especially to encapsulate the second lift.
The pink line is meant to indicate the general path and location of the indoor lift. It isn't to scale.
The area that is currently covered in green is the back-of-house and maintenance area for the ride.
This version of my layout drawing may be easier to understand...
image.jpg

The orange circle seems to correspond with the location of the themed mine entrance, which I don't see signs of.

Pixiedustmaker

It also seems that the show scenes portion on the east end of the attraction already have their own secondary "roofs" underneath the rockwork:

db_2012_1017_7DWARVES_LAYOUT11.jpg

Based on this, the mine entrance seems to be a good 30-40 feet north of where the mine train re-enters the large mountain structure after the show scenes.

Pixiedustmaker

The pink line is meant to indicate the general path and location of the indoor lift. It isn't to scale.
The area that is currently covered in green is the back-of-house and maintenance area for the ride.
This version of my layout drawing may be easier to understand...
View attachment 29061

The orange circle seems to correspond with the location of the themed mine entrance, which I don't see signs of.

Nice picture, but it does show that post-first lift (and post-outside loop), the mine train is pretty much in a showbuilding with its own roof, prior to re-entering the building, hence a little bit of tar paper way up near the zenith of the first lift has nothing to do with the train itself.

Lee

Adventurer
Nice picture, but it does show that post-first lift, the mine train is pretty much in a showbuilding with its own roof, prior to re-entering the building, hence a little bit of tar paper way up near the zenith of the first lift has nothing to do with the train itself.
No.
The ride does not go into the show building at the top of the lift. It travels on top of the show building which houses the mine area.
It's just difficult to show it in a drawing.
Refer to the model for a better depiction of that area.

Pixiedustmaker

No.
The ride does not go into the show building at the top of the lift. It travels on top of the show building which houses the mine area.

I never said at the top of the lift the car goes into a showbuilding, obviously it does not. The mine train goes up lift #1, down through a series of outside curves, and then enters a showbuilding with its own roof well underneath the small patch of tar paper, not sure if you were trying to implying that the tar paper has anything to do with the second lift hill, it most certainly does not based on this diagram, and others.

Hence, it looks as if we will get a faux-mine entrance up there!:)

Lee

Adventurer
...not sure if you were trying to implying that the tar paper has anything to do with the second lift hill, it most certainly does not based on this diagram, and others.
The "tar paper" on the sloped roof is, again, the roof over the second lift. Not sure how that's so difficult for you to grasp...
Maybe you can see it better in this photo, it's pretty obvious...

image.jpg

Hence, it looks as if we will get a faux-mine entrance up there!:)
Maybe. We've just cant see it yet.

Pixiedustmaker

The "tar paper" on the sloped roof is, again, the roof over the second lift. Not sure how that's so difficult for you to grasp...

That tar paper is not the tar paper in this photo, a big hint is that this stuff isn't nearly as long as the massive piece put on the roof for that hill, this is about 15-20 feet . . . and is much closer to the track. The tar paper in your photo (much earlier construction), is probably about 150 feet long and is, of course, now covered with a different material.

I have no idea how that much early aerial photo got injected into the conversation as the photo below is the one in question.

In this photo, I think that the tar paper is for the mine entrance:

Dwarf+Coaster+Rail.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

View attachment 29062

Maybe. We've just cant see it yet.
This whole conversation reminds me of how Thrawn got banned from this site arguing about the specs of Expedition Everest.

Some people just will not listen to reason and will end up cutting their own throat.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That tar paper is not the tar paper in this photo, a big hint is that this stuff isn't nearly as long as the massive piece put on the roof for that hill, this is about 15-20 feet . . . and is much closer to the track. The tar paper in your photo (much earlier construction), is probably about 150 feet long and is, of course, now covered with a different material.

I have no idea how that much early aerial photo got injected into the conversation as the photo below is the one in question.

In this photo, I think that the tar paper is for the mine entrance:
What tar paper are you talking about? What color? tar paper is black.

The Duck

No.

Blue in the face yet?

The Duck

I don't know about you folks but I've had it with the "Log Bridge Conspiracy Theories". Maybe it's my impending old age but I'm perfectly content in waiting to see the finished project before I lose anymore sleep reading these posts. It's 3:30 am. Good night.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know about you folks but I've had it with the "Log Bridge Conspiracy Theories". Maybe it's my impending old age but I'm perfectly content in waiting to see the finished project before I lose anymore sleep reading these posts. It's 3:30 am. Good night.

This is a serious debate. It is very likely that Lee is working for Universal and spreading mis information about the ride. He figures that if people believe there will be no log bridge that they will change their up coming vacation plans and go to Uni instead. ;)

Skibum1970

This is a serious debate. It is very likely that Lee is working for Universal and spreading mis information about the ride. He figures that if people believe there will be no log bridge that they will change their up coming vacation plans and go to Uni instead. ;)

Yes and WDW1974 is colluding with Lee as well. Their discussions will undoubtedly destroy the dreams of fanbois leading to the ultimate demise of WDW. We should really go to the fed's with this.

Lee, sorry that you've had to spend some time trying to explain this. Sadly, that's probably close to an hour of your life that you're not getting back.

Skibum1970

AP News - Results of a recently concluded OSHA investigation found that the seven dwarves' mine, known as the Million Diamond Mine, had working conditions that failed to comply with OSHA standards. Some examples included a key being hung outside the storeroom that would permit a dwarf or other creature to be locked inside as well as routine dumping of lesser quality gems over the side of a hill. Of particular attention, the log bridge used by the dwarves to get to the mine was deemed unsafe as it did not have sufficient safety rails to prevent anyone using the bridge from falling off. The Million Diamond Mine was closed until the dwarves completed mitigation of the issues. The log bridge was replaced by a more structurally sound bridge with appropriate railings. When queried which regulations were broken, one dwarf who only went by Grumpy responded, "I don't know but I'm agin' em."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom