Mine Ride Construction Update

phi2134

Of course! I am anxious to see if they are laying track down yet. Plus I am anxious to get in a plane period. When I go I will try for the entire central florida theme park area. I also want to get aerials of HP2.

Scuttle, do you post the HP2 pictures on any specific site, or just your site?

JungleTrekFan

They've started replacing all the walls around mine train with something a little more elaborately themed. There's even pictures of the dwarves interacting with elements near each section of wall. Near mad tea party they are painting roses red and by storybook circus they have a box of popcorn.

There are walls in place between storybook and mermaid so they can open it up if it gets really busy. They did this during thanksgiving.

Personally I wish they would just close mine train in and have gates across from the service gate back there they can swing open when they need to get in and out like they are doing over at the studios with transformers.

Ehh, MK would be a lot more difficult to use the gate because of their being a lot more people, they are using gates for the GF DVC construction and the the walkway between GF and Poly. But i agree it would be nicer, they probably will do it during grand opening and Christmas to New Years week.

Walked around FLE today and the new walls do look nice. Near LM the dwarves are making a sand castle and pretending to be the beast near ETwB. Also the other side of the bridge going to Belle’s Village is wall free and has scrims going from lamp post to lamp post. Theirs also a cool wall art near the castle courtyard that has a min shaft and a few board up but spaces where Plexiglas separates you from the construction. It invites you to “come take a peak” of whats “coming in 2014.” You can see a good amount of the foundations for the last big turn before the brake section, the big lift hill, and what their currently using as a road to get equipment around the site, which will eventually become the que area.

ebof1023

i think the size of this attratction is remarkable, the ariels views of the attraction dont do it justice. i can remember walking around before the walls for New FL were down and thinking how big it was, but now after the walls around the ride came down and you can see it massive! im very excited to see what the finished product is, this has the potential to be such an amazing ride, i just hope no budgets or anything gets cut

Timothy_Q

im very excited to see what the finished product is, this has the potential to be such an amazing ride, i just hope no budgets or anything gets cut

The time for the budget to be cut has already passed. And it was indeed cut.

I'm still hoping for an entertaining attraction though

Magenta Panther

Oh man lol I thought I saw something new and exciting hahaha

I saw the hill and track emerging from it too, yesterday. I must admit that I'm impressed with the scale of the thing so far. Hope it's going to be a truly family-oriented coaster, and not just a "baby-carriage ride on tracks" (which is how my cousin describes kiddie coasters).

doctornick

I saw the hill and track emerging from it too, yesterday. I must admit that I'm impressed with the scale of the thing so far. Hope it's going to be a truly family-oriented coaster, and not just a "baby-carriage ride on tracks" (which is how my cousin describes kiddie coasters).

While different in execution, I have been thinking it will be on par with the Matterhorn in terms of thrill level. 7DMT being not as fast, but with more curves (and the obvious swaying of the vehicle). Mild in terms of the grand scheme of coasters, but more thrilling than Goofy's/Go Gadget and actually entertaining for adults.

Keep in mind that the Matterhorn was mild enough that 2-3 year olds could ride it before the change in height restriction (due to the ride vehicle change).

Scuttle

i think the size of this attratction is remarkable, the ariels views of the attraction dont do it justice. i can remember walking around before the walls for New FL were down and thinking how big it was, but now after the walls around the ride came down and you can see it massive! im very excited to see what the finished product is, this has the potential to be such an amazing ride, i just hope no budgets or anything gets cut

It has already been scaled back from the original prints.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
well i knew it had been somewhat scaled back, but are we talking large or moderate scaling back?

I believe the first image shows the original layout and the second one is what is being built.

SnowWhiteMineTrainOverlaymedium.jpg

minepossible1.jpg

JeffH

Based on the 4 circling downward layers (that can be seen), it looks like there will be much more to this attraction than the simple track layout on page 1 indicated, making it a much longer and thrilling attraction...I might have to drag my daughter on this, considering her fear of thrill rides.

NYwdwfan

Is it wrong that I tell my husband I agree with him we should take a break from our yearly WDW trip and skip 2013 and go back in 2014, but in reality, I just want to wait to go back until this thing opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom