Mine Ride Construction Update

Rob562

While not quite like the concept art with a stream running underneath, I thought the log "bridge" was going to be over on the left-hand side facing Belle's cottage where the track circles around underneath itself after the second lift. (There may still be a waterfall feature on that side, but not flowing under the log.)

-Rob

Lee

Adventurer
I wonder if they're going to do the mine car over a fallen log thing, a feature of this ride I am most looking forward to. If it really is the Seven Dwarf's story, then you wouldn't expect to see a wooden bridge out in the wilderness around their mine.
Last I heard, the log was cut.

Another interesting item in this summary is that both Snow White and the Witch are part of the ride. I thought I read somewhere that neither made the cut, just the dwarves.
SW shows up in the final scene in the cottage. I'm not aware of the witch being in the ride. Last I heard she wasn't.

Skibum1970

I think that LP article was based on an earlier version of the ride.
Unless the thing creeps up the lifts, no way is it 3.5 min.

Watch the animatic video. That shows quite a bit of the ride. Extrapolate the time...I'm saying its maybe 2.5 to 3 min, tops.

Thank you. I watched that video a couple times and thought, "How is this three minutes long or longer?" The lift hills are small and there isn't that much track. I think that it looks like a really good ride but not that long. Even with the dark ride aspect, I'll be shocked to see it last beyond two minutes.

Pixiedustmaker

SW shows up in the final scene in the cottage. I'm not aware of the witch being in the ride. Last I heard she wasn't.

I believe an imagineer already talked about the witch's appearance, which he confirmed. The 7DMT is not chronological, it is more of a "day in life" type of attraction. Nonetheless, liberties can be taken, and the most likely scenario for a witch's cameo (not a full-fledged scene) is a certain witch carrying a basket of apples as she makes her way to the 7 dwarf's cottage at the end of the ride. A sort of blink and you might miss it sort of thing.

There will be a water feature, and the track will go over it. The log crossing is in concept art posted on the construction wall as well. (In addition to some of the interactive queue).

Fantasyland_Full_17724.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Do we still get the seven dwarfs walking on the log over the track?

Lee

Adventurer
I believe an imagineer already talked about the witch's appearance, which he confirmed.
Link?
There will be a water feature, and the track will go over it. The log crossing is in concept art posted on the construction wall as well. (In addition to some of the interactive queue).
I'm well aware of the existence of the water feature.
However, as I said before, I don't think there will be a log bridge. Just a regular bridge, as seen in the video.
Concept art is just that....concept. Doesn't always reflect the final product.
Do we still get the seven dwarfs walking on the log over the track?
Don't think so. Last I heard, some time ago, the dwarfs were only in the mine and the cottage.
@Lee, is the Shanghai version still the FLE version pre-cuts?
I think they're the same.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the most recent layout diagram I have.
It clearly shows a bridge over the water following the helix after lift B. However, it isn't clear enough to determine if it is a large log or a regular bridge. I'll look into it.

As for the dwarfs on a log, I still don't see any indication of that on the new layout. The only possible location for that would be the section between the first mine scene and lift B. That area is on the extreme eastern end of the layout. Possible, just no indication that it is there.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Link?

However, as I said before, I don't think there will be a log bridge. Just a regular bridge, as seen in the video.

Don't think so. Last I heard, some time ago, the dwarfs were only in the mine and the cottage.

It clearly shows a bridge over the water following the helix after lift B. However, it isn't clear enough to determine if it is a large log or a regular bridge. I'll look into it.

As for the dwarfs on a log, I still don't see any indication of that on the new layout. The only possible location for that would be the section between the first mine scene and lift B. That area is on the extreme eastern end of the layout. Possible, just no indication that it is there.

I really envy all of the access that you have to this stuff. :)

Pixiedustmaker

One of the main imagineers on the project has been hinting for a while that the witch would make an appearance.

I assume you mean that CGI video . . . so much easier to do a regular bridge versus a log. You can see bridge/said water feature at 36 seconds in the following video. It is on the north-west-ish area of the ride, near BoG which is where the main water feature will be as water will flow underneath a bridge there.

The 'log', of course, would be rockwork . . . a small piece of rockwork among many.

I would note that neither a "bridge" or a "log" would support the weight of the track . . . and given that no guest would ever dismebark over the water feature due to the velocity at this point in the ride . . . don't see any reason why it shouldn't be a log.

It is one of the iconic scenes from the film. Either guests become the dwarfs (shadow effect) and the roller coaster goes over a log, or they put in another log somewhere with animatronic dwarfs on it (as was suggested), both pay homage to the classic film.

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-The-Seven-Dwarfs-on-Log-Hi-Ho-Hi-Ho-Its-Home-from-Work-We-Go-Signature-Series.jpg

snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-2009-ws-r4-inside-cover-45402.jpg

a20791b12ce0d9a43f4c42_m.jpg

Pixiedustmaker

The "concept art" on the 7DMT construction wall wasn't drawn up to illustrate what the ride might look like when they were developing it, at least not originally, it has more of a finished appearance made for pseudo-blue sky cellar presentations. At this point, it is advertising for a coming attraction. If this was in a blue sky cellar type display with a discussion about the creative process and examples of very early sketches . . . then you might be able to call it concept art, at least as I see it.

Lee

Adventurer
7dmr model.jpg
Ok...here's the display model, which reflects the current version of the ride.
Note: No sign of dwarfs on a log on the east end. Regular bridge over the water feature on the west end.

If the witch is in the ride, she must be part of one of the interior show scenes. Certainly not in the mine scene, perhaps in the scene on lift B. But again, since the ride is not telling the story of the movie, I was initially told she did not make an appearance, and SW would only be a quick cameo in the final scene.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Ok...here's the display model, which reflects the current version of the ride.
Note: No sign of dwarfs on a log on the east end. Regular bridge over the water feature on the west end.

If the witch is in the ride, she must be part of one of the interior show scenes. Certainly not in the mine scene, perhaps in the scene on lift B. But again, since the ride is not telling the story of the movie, I was initially told she did not make an appearance, and SW would only be a quick cameo in the final scene.
View attachment 29039

Will they be swaying? I know the track gauge is the same as Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom