Mine Ride Construction Update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
From pictures, it looks like they're trying to get the back area where the new shop or whatever it is finished first...

Yes, they appear to be working from the back to the front. Also, the front is the only area where they can stage large amounts of material and equipment so it makes sense to finish it last.

Rodan75

After that video, I'm really excited for this...I'm beginning to think this is going to be an experience on par with BTM and SM. But the speed of the coaster and the sway of the cars will determine where it lands.

Sped2424

tumblr_mne0wvhRwd1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

muteki

When do you think the mermaid side will open??

I don't think we have seen anything official that would make it any sooner than the rest of the mine train. But I would think that the appearance of trees, and the prospect of making money, might speed things up.

It may be when they are finished with that "side" of the mountain. But with it all being the same structure they may not open it until the structure (in it's entirety) is complete.

BigThunderMatt

One would think, but Disney doesn't seem to comprehend these important peak vacation times. They close rides in the middle of the summer for refurbs.

I don't know what Disney you've been going to but this is more of a Disneyland thing than a Disney World thing. Only recently have they been closing rides in the middle of summer and I honestly think it has to do with the fact that there really is no 'slow' season anymore. No matter when they close it it's going to "ruin" somebody's vacation (to which I query why did you spend thousands of dollars to come down and experience one attraction?) so they've finally come to the realization that they just need to do it and get it done.

Disneyland, on the other hand, can close crap for 2 years and not get as much flak for it. Bear in mind that Disney World has yet to close an attraction for a year long refurb. Ever. 20k doesn't count. The longest I've ever seen them do in recent times was the refurb for Space Mountain in 2009 that went shorter than originally planned because they refused to have it closed at Christmas. Back when this belief that Disney World had slow periods still existed.

A1st

Anyone think that disney will release anymore time lapse footage or since this is the only construction going on, we'll probably only get a full video once this is finished?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom