Mine Ride Construction Update

Scuttle

Nobody really knows when it's going to open. It could open in January.....or as late as June 20 (still technically Spring). It will probably be later than sooner though.
Agree I would be surprised if its open for spring break. Im thinking there goal is memorial day. Still a lot of work to be done,especially on the front side.

tl77

i guess some giant was able to look over the wall for this video. This video makes me think that this almost could be an e ticket.

Thanks for posting this,

For the first time I've got a sense of just how large this thing is, and it takes about 4 minutes on the video just to walk passed it

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There are peek-holes in a few places in the construction walls giving strategic views into the construction site. Presumably this is one of them.

-Rob

No, the video is clearly shot over the wall. Appearrs that someone just held up thier camera and walked along the wall.

phi2134

Stop me if I am wrong, but the sections where it is painted white, is that going to be where the water flows down or where they "install" grass. Mostly noticed this towards the side with the big drop.

muteki

Stop me if I am wrong, but the sections where it is painted white, is that going to be where the water flows down or where they "install" grass. Mostly noticed this towards the side with the big drop.

It looks like the style of the rockwork on mermaid side will mimic the shape of the rockwork on TLM.

twebber55

Nobody really knows when it's going to open. It could open in January.....or as late as June 20 (still technically Spring). It will probably be later than sooner though.
hoping its open by first week of june...looks good though...my 10 year will love it

Sped2424

tumblr_mmp2bic04p1qa2r95o1_500.jpg

Back side of the mountain looking more and more complete, wont be long until they open up princes Eric's village. The back of the mountain mimics all the rock work around mermaid quite nicely.

Shadowgate

I would think they would have this open for Spring Break. I am hoping so as we will be going the end of March and into April with the idea that this whole expansion would be done by then.

Tom

Beta Return
I would think they would have this open for Spring Break. I am hoping so as we will be going the end of March and into April with the idea that this whole expansion would be done by then.

One would think, but Disney doesn't seem to comprehend these important peak vacation times. They close rides in the middle of the summer for refurbs.

Using TDO logic, they would probably keep delaying so it can open during a "slow period", with their argument being that it will encourage more people to come down because of the one new ride.

Meanwhile, Universal will open another HP land, Simpsons, and Transformers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom