Mine Ride Construction Update

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The figures of Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy, seen in the cottage near the end of the attraction, originally appeared in Snow White’s Scary Adventure, a Magic Kingdom attraction now the site of Princess Fairytale Hall. The figures of Snow White, Dopey and Sneezy, in the cottage scene, were created for this attraction.

So, trying to place it via Google searches (not 100% sure if this photo is from WDW), but does that mean that they basically are recreating this scene:
190.JPG

And likely wanted Snow White and the Dopey/Sneezy to "dance", so they created a new version of the existing one?

Cesar R M

I am also surprised they left this unthemed. Maybe they haven't 100% committed to where they want to put the camera yet?
Agree, they may not be 100% sure which is the best "take".

The camera needs to be in a perfect position to take as unblurry pics as possible..
better photos = more people buying.

Bairstow

Agree, they may not be 100% sure which is the best "take".

The camera needs to be in a perfect position to take as unblurry pics as possible..
better photos = more people buying.

Plus, they have to make sure it's in a good position to get interesting facial expressions.
Test Track and Space Mountain's cameras are both currently in awful positions for this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has the Dwarfs themed store re-opened yet? I know there was some discussion that the store was being re-furbed to include a place to buy the ride photos.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Probably. I'm just curious to how the old figures will look next to the more updated figures...
I'm guessing (and really, flat out guessing) that the older figures will mainly be "background". The way I've always interpreted this section was that we'd be looking through windows into the cottage in this part. If all we get is a glance, we'll be mostly drawn to look at what they "want" us to look at. So, if these guys are in the background and a new SW/Dopey/Sneezy is in the foreground, and we're looking through windows and doors, it'll probably be ok.

ght

I would hope (Finger's Crossed) that they refurbished the figures so that they don't stand out as much compared to the new figures.
Do we know for sure that they are even recycling the figures? They could be creating a similar scene to the one in the old ride but doing it with updated figures. Heck, we don't even know if they are re-creating that scene, though it make sense given what info has been released.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Do we know for sure that they are even recycling the figures? They could be creating a similar scene to the one in the old ride but doing it with updated figures. Heck, we don't even know if they are re-creating that scene, though it make sense given what info has been released.
From the various news sources:
The figures of Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy, seen in the cottage near the end of the attraction, originally appeared in Snow White’s Scary Adventure, a Magic Kingdom attraction now the site of Princess Fairytale Hall. The figures of Snow White, Dopey and Sneezy, in the cottage scene, were created for this attraction.

I don't know if it truly is THAT scene, but since it's in the cottage, I was just making an educated guess.

yensidtlaw1969

Probably. I'm just curious to how the old figures will look next to the more updated figures...
I would consider it likely that, if nothing else, the figured have been given updated paint jobs and costuming to match their new environment.

Additionally, was it ever true that these figures as installed in Snow White's Scary Adventures were pulled from the original Mickey Mouse Revue? If so, they would have quite a legacy in the Magic Kingdom. It's more likely that they were recreated from the original molds for the new '93 version of the ride, as the show was sent (I imagine, in full) to Tokyo Disneyland in the 80's, but I've heard both and never knew it to be confirmed one way or the other.

Bugdozer

I don't care what others think this attraction will be perfect to take my 4 year old granddaughter on in Sept. I was not expecting Thunder Railroad and I think judgement should be passed after you have had a chance to experience it. Not every attraction is for everyone.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I don't care what others think this attraction will be perfect to take my 4 year old granddaughter on in Sept. I was not expecting Thunder Railroad and I think judgement should be passed after you have had a chance to experience it. Not every attraction is for everyone.
I'm 23 and I might ended up enjoying this more than your 4 year old granddaughter ;)LOL
I'm totally with you on not judging it before you even ride it. We knew the layout and ride length a long time ago, so I don't understand the disappointment or "what should have been" post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom