Mine Ride Construction Update

NormC

has anyone spotted any animals around the outside part of the ride yet? Curious if they put smaller animatronics in the forest section besides the vultures
I am confused by the deer at the beginning of the mine scene. Don't remember deer in the mine in the movie. Haven't watched it in a while though. Did they have a deer animatronic in storage for a Bambi ride? j/k

wannab@dis

Probably to hide the fact that the old figures inside aren't particularly well-animated and would look rather dodgy compared to the new ones.
It's kind of a neat idea, really, since distancing the train from the figures by use of wavy/opaque glass creates a separation between riders and characters and seals up the cottage, communicating the idea to the rider that the dwarves have made it home, are having fun in there, and everyone is perfectly happy and safe from everything that could happen.
Take a look at other videos as the windows are very clear. The "foggy" windows were due to something else -- condensation, reflections, poor video, etc -- but it's not the glass and was not intentional.

djkidkaz

Screenshot_2014-05-01-18-19-27_zpswtzgvarj.png

Im noticing in the few pics that I've seen of the indoor portion of the queue it looks like a simple switchback system with ropes. Are there any videos yet of a queue walk through from beginning to boarding?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed today for "SDMT Visual Intrusion West" with the address of PhilharMagic. Since the permit specified "west" I am wondering if we are going to see additional permits for other visual intrusions.

yensidtlaw1969

A permit was filed today for "SDMT Visual Intrusion West" with the address of PhilharMagic. Since the permit specified "west" I am wondering if we are going to see additional permits for other visual intrusions.

It did strike me in a bunch of those videos how un-wonderful things look in the direction of Philharmagic from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It would be nice to see an effort made in solving that.

Sped2424

Does that mean they are trying to block the view of philharmagic from the mine train? Instead of blocking it how about they spruce up that area instead!

Rob562

Wondering if it has something to do with either the rooftop pyro launchers for Wishes or the two towers that house the disappearing proscenium arch in Philharmagic (or both).

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom