Mine Ride Construction Update

Brian Swan

There's a tiny glimpse of what "might" be the AAs at the very beginning, just before you exit the mine. I kind of laugh at how "exciting" they make it look; based on the videos of testing I've seen, the CGI trains appear to be running at least twice as fast as the actual ones will run...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There's a tiny glimpse of what "might" be the AAs at the very beginning, just before you exit the mine. I kind of laugh at how "exciting" they make it look; based on the videos of testing I've seen, the CGI trains appear to be running at least twice as fast as the actual ones will run...

They also appear to be swinging a lot more then they are likely to in the real thing, especially at the start of the video which is a straight section of track.

Soarin' Over Pgh

This artwork is beautiful.

DisneyMines_MineTrain_FinalPrint_033114-613x613.jpg

I think the "video", if you wanna call it that, is pretty misleading.

Brian Swan

It really is unbelievable that they wouldn't have this open for the Easter rush. Sad.

Easter would be the worst time to open it. The parks will already be packed, so no need for a new golden carrot, and max crowds are the last thing you want for a brand new attraction. I've been thinking the "lull" between Easter a nd Memorial Day all along, and it's looking at that is what it will be. Wouldn't surprise me if they started soft openings right after the media event and time the "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend...

PrincessNelly_NJ

Easter would be the worst time to open it. The parks will already be packed, so no need for a new golden carrot, and max crowds are the last thing you want for a brand new attraction. I've been thinking the "lull" between Easter a nd Memorial Day all along, and it's looking at that is what it will be. Wouldn't surprise me if they started soft openings right after the media event and time the "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend...
That seems like an awfully big gap between memorial day and May 2nd... I would think soft opening need to happen before you let the media in.

HeatherWatson

With the new video and several recent posts on Disney Parks Blog, it seems to me that Disney is building up to a grand opening that will happen sooner, rather than later. Of course, I could be way off base--it wouldn't be my first time being wrong :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom