Mine Ride Construction Update

tl77

It looks like the scrim around the cottage has been there since at least Feb 9th when this aerial photo was taken. It seems to me they're covering things that aren't finished and removing walls from around the parts that are, and maybe they're testing to see if any idiots try and climb the new "low" walls before the ride is in constant operation

i-rnFGC83X3-X3.jpg

CTXRover

Is just the angles or are the coaster tracks that close to the wall and guests?

I have not seen it in person, but I think this picture gives a better idea how far the track is from the bridge. This picture may be deceiving as well, but it certainly is not as close as a lot of other pictures have made it out to seem.

Photo link here: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-of-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-coaster/20326.htm

As for the height of the wall, there are pictures out there with people standing next to it, and it comes to above their waistline (you can also see it's higher than the top of the trashcans sitting next to it in some other photos). I would suspect it is the same height as the wall on the other side of the bridge and nobody has fallen over that.

Magic Lamp

I politely disagree.

The waterfalls and trees make it feel very earthy and organic.
I'm not actually a fan of the look of BTM from a distance, whereas the mine train is shaping up to be lovely from all views.

I am just so happy to see the walls coming down. Shan't miss them one bit!
I was talking about the themeing. You can clearly see that both rides are roller coasters built into a mountain but some of the turns and curves are very close to what we see on Thunder Mountain. The big difference is that Thunder Mountain is more opulent and "filled" and has a very large queue building attached to it; the 7DMT is not that much smaller but is more compact to fit right into the Fantasy Forest.

Skibum1970

I was talking about the themeing. You can clearly see that both rides are roller coasters built into a mountain but some of the turns and curves are very close to what we see on Thunder Mountain. The big difference is that Thunder Mountain is more opulent and "filled" and has a very large queue building attached to it; the 7DMT is not that much smaller but is more compact to fit right into the Fantasy Forest.

I grant the queue area is a good size for BTMR but queue for SDMT might be longer than we think. Ridewise, BTMR is much longer that SDMT. Three lifthills that are higher and considerably more track. I would guess that Thunder's linear track length is quite a bit longer. This is not to deny the fact that SDMT looks like a fun ride. However, I don't think that it challenges BTMR for ride length or size. I think that Thunder's theme is right there as well. The ride appears to meander along the mountainside. The only thing that SDMT will have that appears to be better is the indoor show scene. Of course, this is all conjecture at this point. In a month or two, we'll be able to do a better comparison.

MOXOMUMD

My answer will be Dwarfs to all questions presented in this thread.
Watcha wearin' today?....Dwarfs. :confused:
Whatcha watchin' on tv?...Dwarfs. :bored:
Whatcha makin' for dinner?....Dwarfs. :eek:
Is it rainin' outside? ....Dwarfs. :jawdrop:
Who was on the phone?.....Dwarfs. o_O
Whatcha doin' tomorrow?....Dwarfs. :cautious:
Is that all you can answer is "dwarfs"?...................................Dwarfs. :cyclops:

rioriz

I am gonna be the one who points this out BUT...for the talk of Disney not innovative (yes i know it is a D ticket) but is this the first coaster of this kind in the US?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am gonna be the one who points this out BUT...for the talk of Disney not innovative (yes i know it is a D ticket) but is this the first coaster of this kind in the US?

There are plenty of suspended swinging car coasters in the US, the only thing really unique here is that it's a non-suspended swinging coaster. I am not sure if that has been done before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom