Mine Ride Construction Update

SpectroMan93

I apologize if this question has already been answered. They will be placing artificial grass in the areas painted green, yes? At least around the base of the trees.

tl77

I apologize if this question has already been answered. They will be placing artificial grass in the areas painted green, yes? At least around the base of the trees.

pretty sure green paint = fake grass, but there are also small fake bushes mixed in with the fake tress, and something like that may end up at the base of the trees which has brown paint at the moment

djkidkaz

Interesting that they built a scrim around the cottage.

DSC_0086.JPG

Yeah I was thinking the same. Its not like the few walls they removed increased capacity any, so what was the benefit of removing walls and scrims only to build more within the attraction. I could think its for good show purposes but then you are showing an attraction that isn't complete and still needs grass. So who knows?!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah I was thinking the same. Its not like the few walls they removed increased capacity any, so what was the benefit of removing walls and scrims only to build more within the attraction. I could think its for good show purposes but then you are showing an attraction that isn't complete and still needs grass. So who knows?!

Is the scrim hiding the side of the ride facing the track? If so it might be there to hide the show scene that is supposed to be going in the cottage.

tdpolo26

It would be cooler if the info wasn't hidden on page 120. I didn't know about the previous mention until after I posted this.
I would agree with you there... things get buried.... hey @wdwmagic what about starting a stickied thread for each coming attraction of interest (not new toilets) that only you may post in....it would make for a great time line of events... would be easy to find... and would be a great location to see all the updates for a ride... such as walls up or down,,,, aerial photos, dates runs began, things like that would keep the thread below 6 pages per ride probably and make it easy to see updates if you haven't been on for a while

orky8

Which would you rather look at? :)

Of course, I'm glad the walls came down. But I'm also perplexed as to why. The fake grass is not in. The railing is not finished along the main drop. And a scrim was put up to block views of the cottage that were not visible before the walls came down. Makes me think we might see more walls coming down and more scrims going up around the cottage.

It all just seems odd... I'm not complaining, just confused. And I don't think its because Disney wanted to give us something pretty to look at, though it did stir up the blogosphere a bit, so maybe it is just marketing strategy...

DisneyConstruction23

Of course, I'm glad the walls came down. But I'm also perplexed as to why. The fake grass is not in. The railing is not finished along the main drop. And a scrim was put up to block views of the cottage that were not visible before the walls came down. Makes me think we might see more walls coming down and more scrims going up around the cottage.

It all just seems odd... I'm not complaining, just confused. And I don't think its because Disney wanted to give us something pretty to look at, though it did stir up the blogosphere a bit, so maybe it is just marketing strategy...
It is honestly no different from the glass that was there the whole time for guests to take a peak. Now all it does is allow many to look. I can say though the peak windows were getting very crowded as of last Friday, so I would not be shocked if Disney did this to clear people from stopping etc. (just an opinion of course and no facts or information behind that)

Last edited:

DisneyConstruction23

If I am not mistaken did the bridges in the movie even have hand rails? I am trying to find them but all I can seem to see is a bridge with no "walls" so If anything it is tall based on the movie lol

roj2323

It is honestly no different from the glass that was there the whole time for guests to take a peak. Now all it does is allow many to look. I can say though the peak windows were getting very crowded as of last Friday, so I would not be shocked if Disney did this to clear people from stopping etc. (just an opinion of course and no facts or information behind that)

It's most likely to build anticipation prior to its opening. I'm sure the reasons are varied but with the imminent opening of Diagon alley coming soon it makes sense to try to get the word out before disney is drown out in DIagon alley opening announcements and blog posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom