Mine Ride Construction Update

Scuttle

It's absolutely not soft opening Friday. They haven't finished the queue and aren't even accepting CM transfers for two more weeks and then they still have to train CM's. So unless Imagineers are going to do a soft open and run the attraction and let people walk thru a queue that we can see is still an active construction site, it ain't happening.
Exactly, at best we get an official opening date on Friday. Hope for nothing more.

roj2323

I would guess that perhaps the attraction is close enough to done at this point that most of the walls will come down. Even if they don't what I saw today was magical. The attraction is looking fantastic and you are really starting to get a real sense of how it is going to look.

As for what I saw today it was like an army of construction workers. there were orange and yellow vests all over the attraction. Just in the 5 hours I was in the park I saw changes in the work areas. They were wrapping the entry bridge? in wire mesh prepping for the scratch coat of concrete and you could hear the mixer if you paid attention. One things for sure they were in a hell of a hurry.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Maybe Friday they will release real footage from inside the Mine Train??? Or announce a release date. Otherwise, I'm not sure what could possibly take place Friday.

CaptainShortty

Why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you believe is going to happen on Friday. I see know way they complete the remaining work by Friday, so if it's a soft opening it will be a rare case where they soft opened a ride that was visibly incomplete. Maybe cast member previews?

They're still hiring the CMs for the mine train. It can't open until they're trained.

WDWYankee15

@Rose&Crowner didn't say THIS Friday... (Just a thought anyway...)
He has actually been pretty clear for a long time that it would be open on Friday, February 7, 2014. he has not back off the claim. So we will just have to wait and see what Friday brings, as I think the Fairy Godmother will have to appear herself to make this thing ready for Friday...this Friday (2/7/14).

From March 18, 2013...
I know when it will open.

From July 24, 2013...
It will be operational and open on February 7 2014, and the Rapunzel tower meet and greet will round out new fantasyland.

From December 5, 2013...
Soft openings begin 2/7/14.
Yeah! See my previous post.. The one you quoted. 2/7/14.
It will all make sense on 2/7/14.

From December 12, 2013...

From January 23, 2014...

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Did they move back the construction walls a bit? In photo 10 it looks like they are a lot closer to the entrance building now

When I was there yesterday it seemed like they pushed them out further. I presume to finish up the walking pathways into the queue and to finalize the landscaping. It was a really tight squeeze between the mine train and Winnie the Pooh as that attraction has some walls up in front.

WDWYankee15

When I was there yesterday it seemed like they pushed them out further. I presume to finish up the walking pathways into the queue and to finalize the landscaping. It was a really tight squeeze between the mine train and Winnie the Pooh as that attraction has some walls up in front.
One would imagine that would only need to be done for a short period to connect up the ends and clean that area up. Then they can be pushed back to where they were or even further in.

tl77

Ok thanks, I couldn't tell if it was the camera lens or what, but the images 9-12 looked a little different to me

Scuttle

Where are your pictures!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom