Mine Ride Construction Update

Skibum1970

I have a feeling the painted green sections are finished. I don't think the hill is getting the same treatment as The Little Mermaid's dune grass covered hills. If that type of grass were going to be installed, it seems as if it would have been put down before the fake trees. And if I'm wrong, well that's fine by me....I'm just not expecting more than the painted hill.

I cannot remember exactly but I am fairly certain that LM had areas painted green prior to the grass. I think that it helps the artificial stuff look more lifelike. Kind of like using tinted primer prior to painting walls.

flyerjab

All I can say is that NFL will look soooo much better after this is totally finished. I know that it is not going to be a 'thrilling' ride and overall doesn't compare to the behemoth that is Diagon Alley, but this is still going to be (from all current outward appearances) a beautiful, classic ride. My kids are still only into those types of rides. They haven't graduated to Universal level attractions…yet.

yensidtlaw1969

I cannot remember exactly but I am fairly certain that LM had areas painted green prior to the grass. I think that it helps the artificial stuff look more lifelike. Kind of like using tinted primer prior to painting walls.
I sort of pictured it as a way of indicating to the installation team, "put the grass 'here', not 'here'", but what you said makes sense too.

vinnya1726

lets please not turn this into a political thing regarding unions.
As much you all like to blame unions.. unions made better conditions for most people in times where workers had no rights, no medical, huge working hours..etc..

No doubt... you are 100 % correct. I was not trying to blame the unions...just trying to put some perspective on why it it is more expensive and time consuming for Disney to build than Universal.

vinnya1726

All I can say is that NFL will look soooo much better after this is totally finished. I know that it is not going to be a 'thrilling' ride and overall doesn't compare to the behemoth that is Diagon Alley, but this is still going to be (from all current outward appearances) a beautiful, classic ride. My kids are still only into those types of rides. They haven't graduated to Universal level attractions…yet.

Some people do not like those high thrilling rides...Walt wanted the parks to be family friendly not geared toward just kids and not geared toward just teenagers and not geared toward adults. Some of those high thrill e-rides many kids would not go on. Disney does need to step up its game, with more attractions, family attractions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a feeling the painted green sections are finished. I don't think the hill is getting the same treatment as The Little Mermaid's dune grass covered hills. If that type of grass were going to be installed, it seems as if it would have been put down before the fake trees. And if I'm wrong, well that's fine by me....I'm just not expecting more than the painted hill.

It would actually make sense to put the trees in first since they would have to walk on the grass areas to do it. Best to leave the grass until last so you don't have to end up walking on it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone know how finished the inside of the ride is? Obviously the track is working since they have been testing it, but what about the show scenes? If I remember correctly LM exterior was done for a little while before it actually soft opened because they had to finish the inside. Assuming the inside is mostly done we can't be more than 6 to 8 weeks out for soft opening based on how far along the outside is.

flyerjab

Does anyone know how finished the inside of the ride is? Obviously the track is working since they have been testing it, but what about the show scenes? If I remember correctly LM exterior was done for a little while before it actually soft opened because they had to finish the inside. Assuming the inside is mostly done we can't be more than 6 to 8 weeks out for soft opening based on how far along the outside is.

Excellent question. I was wondering that myself as we obviously can see outside progress as opposed to any progress inside. Also, how heavily themed is the inside? Does anyone know? I have seen the computer renderings of the inside but never knew how extensive those were. To be honest, I never have had a good appreciation of how much of this ride is inside/underground. Are there going to be show scenes at the level of those in Splash Mountain?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Based on the last video that was released the inside mine scene appeared to be pretty far along. There is supposedly going to be a scene in the cottage which I guess isn't to far along since they have only recently closed in the building.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Excellent question. I was wondering that myself as we obviously can see outside progress as opposed to any progress inside. Also, how heavily themed is the inside? Does anyone know? I have seen the computer renderings of the inside but never knew how extensive those were. To be honest, I never have had a good appreciation of how much of this ride is inside/underground. Are there going to be show scenes at the level of those in Splash Mountain?
Not at the level of Splash. The inside area isn't very big compared to Splash. I think there is one main show scene inside and the show scene in the cottage at the end and maybe one more show scene on one of the lift hills.

hpyhnt 1000

Some people do not like those high thrilling rides...Walt wanted the parks to be family friendly not geared toward just kids and not geared toward just teenagers and not geared toward adults. Some of those high thrill e-rides many kids would not go on. Disney does need to step up its game, with more attractions, family attractions.

True, not every attraction needs to be a thrilling E-ticket, though I would argue Epcot could benefit from having one more attraction that leans toward the "thrilling" end of the spectrum. But you're absolutely right - WDW needs to get its act together and start building more high quality, immersive RIDES (not meet and greets) especially at Epcot, DHS and AK.

What @GoofGoof said. Nothing on the level of Splash in terms of length or scale. There is only one main show scene (the dwarf's mine) with a 2 or 3 smaller scenes scattered before and after.

flyerjab

Not at the level of Splash. The inside area isn't very big compared to Splash. I think there is one main show scene inside and the show scene in the cottage at the end and maybe one more show scene on one of the lift hills.

Does anyone know what the show scene in the cottage is about? Sorry but I don't have the connections with WDW that some do and I am not on the forums as often as others and may have missed this info if it was presented previously. I really enjoy the heavily themed rides but was unaware that there was anything theme based in/at the cottage? I didn't realize the tracks went close enough to the cottage for a show scene. Is it above ground or below?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know what the show scene in the cottage is about? Sorry but I don't have the connections with WDW that some do and I am not on the forums as often as others and may have missed this info if it was presented previously. I really enjoy the heavily themed rides but was unaware that there was anything theme based in/at the cottage? I didn't realize the tracks went close enough to the cottage for a show scene. Is it above ground or below?

At the end of the ride the track passes right by the cottage before it goes to the unload area. I believe it has been rumored that the scene would show Snow White and the Dwarfs.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the yellow patch in this picture is the cottage. The indoor scene is in the brown section.

minepossible1.jpg
Patch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom