Mine Ride Construction Update

tl77

Does anyone know what the show scene in the cottage is about? Sorry but I don't have the connections with WDW that some do and I am not on the forums as often as others and may have missed this info if it was presented previously. I really enjoy the heavily themed rides but was unaware that there was anything theme based in/at the cottage? I didn't realize the tracks went close enough to the cottage for a show scene. Is it above ground or below?

This concept image of the scene on the construction walls (although there's also the infamous "log bridge" image on the same wall)

ITP_-_122112-IMG_0072.jpg

tl77

I think there has been some concern that this scene may have been cut.

I wouldn't be surprised if the scene is cut or downsized, but the train still pass by the cottage like this, and "if" they are going to include a Snow White AA in the ride the cottage would be the place to do it

Cesar R M

Leaving out the politics or the pro-union/anti-union arguments. It is always going to cost more to build something with union workers than non-union workers...unless the union is doing a really bad job;)
difference would be even bigger if they were inmigrant work force.

It does doesn't it.

Didnt rumors said around 1:30 minute for the ride (with around 30 secs more of each show section, aka cottage.. dark zone..) for a total of 2:30?

flyerjab

I wouldn't be surprised if the scene is cut or downsized, but the train still pass by the cottage like this, and "if" they are going to include a Snow White AA in the ride the cottage would be the place to do it

I sure hope it is not cut. That would be a really nice ending scene for this ride. Is the cottage visible enough to know if this scene is being included during the construction?

tl77

I sure hope it is not cut. That would be a really nice ending scene for this ride. Is the cottage visible enough to know if this scene is being included during the construction?

The Cottage has been built but isn't finished yet, and the dancing scene depicted in the concept art seems pretty elaborate, that maybe why is in doubt. I certainly hope something goes in the cottage though it's positioned to be the end of the ride.

Cesar R M

The Cottage has been built but isn't finished yet, and the dancing scene depicted in the concept art seems pretty elaborate, that maybe why is in doubt. I certainly hope something goes in the cottage though it's positioned to be the end of the ride.
they could just remove the animatronics and put a 3d projection.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There are more trees to be planted right? Doesn't seem full enough to be a forest to me.

I don't think we are going to see many more then this on the mountain. These trees are artificial and in the construction pictures and aerials you can see the posts that they mount to. There didn't appear to be more posts then there are currently trees. I do think there are more live trees still to be planted at ground level.

jdmdisney99

I don't think we are going to see many more then this on the mountain. These trees are artificial and in the construction pictures and aerials you can see the posts that they mount to. There didn't appear to be more posts then there are currently trees. I do think there are more live trees still to be planted at ground level.
Thanks. I was referring to the live trees.

Magic Lamp

By the looks of it the ride is about 85% done. It's missing the grass, the detailing on the cottage and probably some more trees and props scattered around. But it looks very promising.

RunnerEd

I am guessing it shall be short. I hope its a fun short ride.
Take heart. While the track is short, it looks like it will be moving fairly slowly for a good part of the ride. I don't think that's a good feature for a roller coaster....

If I'm not mistaken, the posts and artificial trees serve as lightning rods. That's a pretty cool way to disguise them!

mitchk

Snapped this pic the other day. You can see people working inside the cottage, or whatever it is. Still a lot of work to be done though. It was doing a lot of test runs, empty trains of course, no sand bags, water sacks ect....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom