Mine Ride Construction Update

RSoxNo1

But TSMM was built in an existing building, Transformers had to demolish an existing structure and build a whole new one, not to mention it's a much more complex ride system and was still build in 6 months less then TSMM. Uni does get a small advantage since Transformers was a clone. (Before anyone says anything, from a construction perspective TSMM wasn't a clone since it was built at the same time as the one in DCA, so they really didn't get the benefit of experience while building it.)
My understanding as well is that Disney uses Union workers while Universal doesn't.

Tom

Beta Return
My understanding as well is that Disney uses Union workers while Universal doesn't.

I didn't think Disney was signatory to union contractors. They have several that work on property, but I don't think they're exclusive. I could be wrong though. It has happened once or twice.

RSoxNo1

I would imagine there has to be some sort of lap bar being a steel coaster, similar to BTM maybe?
Looks like Everest to me:
r-1337731898-Seven%20Dwarfs%203.jpg

Weather_Lady

Looks like Everest to me:
r-1337731898-Seven%20Dwarfs%203.jpg

Glad to see they'll have the individual lap bars. On attractions that have only one bar for two people (e.g., Big Thunder), we tend to ride with one-adult-per-child, and the difference in "thigh height" means that we have to throw our arms around our skinny-legged kids to keep them from bobbing about!

hockeyfran

Is it just me or do I notice that the bottom portion on the front is painted now.

If you look at the last picture on the micechat update.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

This is also why Disney's cost to build new attractions is more than universals. If Disney did not hire Union workers it would be front page news.
lets please not turn this into a political thing regarding unions.
As much you all like to blame unions.. unions made better conditions for most people in times where workers had no rights, no medical, huge working hours..etc..

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Hoping the grass starts going in. I really can't believe we don't have an opening date yet. This thing seems like its just on the verge of completion!
I have a feeling the painted green sections are finished. I don't think the hill is getting the same treatment as The Little Mermaid's dune grass covered hills. If that type of grass were going to be installed, it seems as if it would have been put down before the fake trees. And if I'm wrong, well that's fine by me....I'm just not expecting more than the painted hill.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
lets please not turn this into a political thing regarding unions.
As much you all like to blame unions.. unions made better conditions for most people in times where workers had no rights, no medical, huge working hours..etc..

Leaving out the politics or the pro-union/anti-union arguments. It is always going to cost more to build something with union workers than non-union workers...unless the union is doing a really bad job;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom