Miley Cyrus at Magic Kingdom 1/27/08

Pongo

thats ridicilous, shes no more important than anyone else

Except for the fact that she's the Disney company's hottest commodity right now :lookaroun

She pretty much gets anything she wants while on Disney property, I'm sure. If I was Disney's hottest commodity, I would expect some special treatment too.

lac628

She was in MK last April when we were there. Apparantly, she was "stuck" on Splash Mtn forever. They were taping her on the ride and they kept doing retakes, I guess. The ride was closed for a while. I am glad I don't go on that or I'd be ed!

wdwmomof3

My 10 year old daughter will freak when I tell her. She loves Miley. She is going to see the 3D movie Friday night with a bunch of her friends and she is so excited.

Personally, I had rather see her Daddy. He looks a lot better now than he used to. :animwink:

MouseMadness

Except for the fact that she's the Disney company's hottest commodity right now :lookaroun

She pretty much gets anything she wants while on Disney property, I'm sure. If I was Disney's hottest commodity, I would expect some special treatment too.

:lol: Yeah... plus there is the whole "kid trying to blow up one of her concert venues with a plane" thing somebody posted before.

My 8 year old looooooooooves Hannah Montana, so I'm crossing my fingers that she is a "good kid". Somehow (through friends no doubt, since I don't really leave the news on here at home, or give them unattended internet time) she (my 8 y.o.) found out about all the Vanessa Hudgens stuff a few months back. :brick: *sigh*

Kwit35

My 10 year old daughter will freak when I tell her. She loves Miley. She is going to see the 3D movie Friday night with a bunch of her friends and she is so excited.

Personally, I had rather see her Daddy. He looks a lot better now than he used to. :animwink:

I hope she already has her tickets. The movie is completely sold out for the first two days here.

Krimedog

Britney's 16 year old pregnant sister.

And I have never found Miley innocent. Dis any of you see the excuse for a dress she was wearing during the taping for the Christmas parade? :hurl: Buy some leggings little girl, that's what's in style now.

So apparently you people have not heard the new news of the recent photos she took of herself and put them on her myspace? Lets just say she is a 15 year old girl posing in a t shirt, pulling it up to expose her belly and only wearing underwear. So maybe we have ourselves another vanessa hudgens, except starting a little earlier than should be.

Those disney girls, they just cant seem to stay normal
Britney
Vanessa
Now Miley, and i had faith in her to be good since her dad is such a well respected person, and he seems like he only wants the best for his daughter.

MouseMadness

I"ve seen those, and they do look like it's really her, but :shrug: we'll see. :lol:

Even my beloved gossip sites who JUMP on the chance to bring a star down are questioning their validity :lol:

Brwneyedgirl72

I am sorry - but am I the only one who could care less that Miley Cyrus was in the park? Maybe I am cynical, but I really don't see why she is so popular. Just my opinion......

slappy magoo

thats ridicilous, shes no more important than anyone else

I agree, but the flip side - even more than the fact that she's really popular and making Disney a ton of dough - is that everywhere she goes at WDW is a potential risk. Some people just don't know how to control themselves around a "star," even a moderately-talented teenager with great P.R. and a body double. Some kids would freak out to see her, probably some adults too. Some might request an autograph or picture, some might not not even ask. Look, you've seen how some people act at character meals around Mickey Mouse. It might be easier, and less of a burden on Disney security, to let someone like her have "cutsies" rather than there be a security issue as people jump turnstiles or break line to try to get an autograph or a picture. Kinda sad that some people don't know how to behave, but they don't.

I remember making the same argument last year when they asked an old man to change his outfit or leave, because it was Christmas time, he was wearing a red t-shirt and black pants with suspenders, he had white hair and a long beard, and he was letting kids believe he was Santa. My argument at the time is, if he's not there working FOR Disney, he's creating an unnecessary burden on their security detail by making a scene, even if it's a "cute" scene. Some people might get carried away trying to get their kids close to Santa, and some oddballs might think Santa needs to be taken down a peg for not giving them their Battlestar Galactica playset back in 1979 (NO, not me, I'm over it, thank you). Not to mention, how potentially scarring might it be for those kids if this guy walked around the corner and smack dab into the "REAL" Santa Claus en route to a parade or photo op? And of course, there's always the off-chance that this guy could've said something really inappropriate/vulgar/anti-Semitic (maybe Santa doesn't like competition).

In THIS situation, I'd guess anyone who needed to know Cyrus was going to be there, did know, and the apporpriate steps were taken to ensure her time at attractions minimized anyone else's inconvenience, and that this was the easier approach.

Of course, if Hannah Montana just went as her REAL persona, nobody woud've known who she was, and we never would've known she was there. Really, that kid needs to use her head.

WDWFigment

Until NYE, I had never heard of Hannah Montana touring (although I had heard of the show, in passing). Now, it seems to have overtaken HSM as Disney's most bankable tween commodity.

Actually, she's the next Jamie-Lynn.
Hopefully not.

Britney's 16 year old pregnant sister.

And I have never found Miley innocent. Dis any of you see the excuse for a dress she was wearing during the taping for the Christmas parade? :hurl: Buy some leggings little girl, that's what's in style now.
I didn't think the dress was that bad. I mean at least she didn't pull a Brittney and not wear panties! And besides, leggings with that dress? I think not. :p

DisneyChik17

Hey, "I think you're alone now." :lol:

Haha. I like Tiffany too! She's cool. :D

I didn't think the dress was that bad. I mean at least she didn't pull a Brittney and not wear panties! And besides, leggings with that dress? I think not.

I found it bad. My whole family agreed, even my 14 year old girl cousin, who is a huge HM/MS fan. When you start to think about the day that you have children and your 15 year old daughter picks up a dress that will show the panties that she thankfully has on, you may change your tune. Because that's all I could think of, was being a mother with a daughter that age and seeing her dressed like that. It's something to think about...

VoiceGuy07

What happens when most celebrities want to ride an attraction? Aren't they all typically brought to the front of the line and given some space?

Would think that this is a pretty standard occurrence and I can understand why Disney would want to keep guests (at least some who are enthusiastic) at a safe distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom