Mickey's Toontown Fair closing in February 2011

flavious27

The leading theory was the will be demolished. Do you have some new info?

When the announcement was made originally last year, it was stated they were being moved but it was not noted where. I think they are going to mothball them and see what happens.

MKCP 1985

I have faith the expansion of Fantasyland will more than make up for the loss of toontown. My problem with that area is that it was intended to be temporary, they never committed any high quality rides or attractions to that area and it is so easy to skip right by that it was my habit to just pass it by.

The cartoonish houses in that area would not fit with the architecture of Main Street USA. They would stick out like sore thumbs even if you could find space for them. They may be a welcome addition to Yesterdayland or another park like the Hollywood Studios park. :shrug:

MKCP 1985

When the announcement was made originally last year, it was stated they were being moved but it was not noted where. I think they are going to mothball them and see what happens.

You might perhaps have mistaken the announcement that the meet and greets would be moved, and thought the actual houses would be relocated.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Looking back at the press release, and then subsequent announcements, I don't recall ever seeing where the houses would be relocated. I'm certain many around here may hope for such a development, and proposed places where they could be moved, but I haven't seen anything official. :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

Thinking back to when all this first came out, I seem to remember there being some disagreement over what the wording of the announcement meant. I think some people interpreted it as saying the houses would move, but it didn't explicitly say that. I chalk that rumor up to a misinterpretation.

JustInTime

no, it has always been in the plans that the houses will be relocated.

Can you give us a link? My understanding is they are being torn down. I am pretty sure they were not made to be moved. Aka, they would fall apart. Why would they close TT, move the houses somewhere else and reopen them? Those two building make up TT. Moving them would defeat the purpose of closing TT in the first place. They were built as a temporary placeholders. TDO knows this and it has taken them this long. If Disney could save money by just leaving them where they are, they would. You will be seeing pieces of the houses on Ebay soon I am sure.

flavious27

Looking back at the press release, and then subsequent announcements, I don't recall ever seeing where the houses would be relocated. I'm certain many around here may hope for such a development, and proposed places where they could be moved, but I haven't seen anything official. :shrug:

The only specific location I have heard about is in the front.

flavious27

Can you give us a link? My understanding is they are being torn down. I am pretty sure they were not made to be moved. Aka, they would fall apart. Why would they close TT, move the houses somewhere else and reopen them? Those two building make up TT. Moving them would defeat the purpose of closing TT in the first place. They were built as a temporary placeholders. TDO knows this and it has taken them this long. If Disney could save money by just leaving them where they are, they would. You will be seeing pieces of the houses on Ebay soon I am sure.

TT was more than the houses, they are just the attractions people most associate with the area. The largest building is the circus tent store that will remain. The purpose of closing TT is so FF has more land to expand, the houses do not fit in with the theme.

S

stphnbogert

they'll probably put the houses in storage and bring them out for another celebration sometime in the future. it'll save them the cost of building a new house for mickey if they ever decide to do so.

flavious27

1. Where would they possibly place them?

2. What is the source for this rumored relocation?

No clue, I think that they would be better if placed at the revamped legendary years.

just google fantasyland expansion + minnie, and look for the articles from news sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom