Mickey's Toontown Fair closing in February 2011

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No clue, I think that they would be better if placed at the revamped legendary years.

just google fantasyland expansion + minnie, and look for the articles from news sites.

Well, there is no place to put them, but the M&Gs are moving to Exposition Hall....

And I did such a search. Didn't really find anything outside of that TT is closing as a part of the FLE. If you have another source, please post it.

Wilt Dasney

disney throws stuff out?

Only the stuff they demolish. :lookaroun

I'm not trying to be a tool about this, but every credible source around here has said the houses are gone. The rumors that they might be relocated have been based on misreading of vague portions of Disney's statements about this (stuff like "Mickey and Minnie will always have a home at the Magic Kingdom" that people read too much into, for example).

I'm open to being proven wrong if you have a link, but I'm pretty certain Disney has never put out any statement saying the houses would stay.

SeaCastle

disney throws stuff out? don't they have the 20k leagues subs scattered around the parks?

They have one sub behind Soarin', used for private events. Almost all of the subs have been scrapped, and are buried in a landfill to the west of the Magic Kingdom.

The rumor that the houses are being moved stems from the wishful thinking of a few people that want the houses to stay. There is nothing to indicate the houses are not being demolished or moved. From what Imagineers have said since Day One, or what the blueprints indicate, or what the artwork shows, or what any insider on the boards is saying, the houses are going the way of Horizons (and a good chunk of the Skyway Station).

juan

The houses are going.

They have one sub behind Soarin', used for private events. Almost all of the subs have been scrapped, and are buried in a landfill to the west of the Magic Kingdom.

That's actually just a facade of the top half and, from my understanding, not an actual sub.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Of course they do! They want to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter like everyone else.

hahaha yeah... but the only thing different in harry potter's world is the new ride and some shops and resteraunts... Dueling Dragons is now Dragon Challenge, The Flying Unicorn is now Flight of the hippo-something, I think that they just should've left the rides in The Lost Continent (which is now a small speck of dust on the map, lol), send the rides in Marvel Super Hero Island to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and make the extra land in Marvel Superhero Island! I mean, if Disney's going to start something with MARVEL, take away the land in IOA and create their own land in Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom! Of course I don't think it would fit well in MK... but I mean, I'm sure that disney is going to make SOME kind of MARVEL attraction! (Goodbye the seas with nemo and friends, hello the living seas of aquaman! :lol:) Seriously, get rid of Universal's Marvel land (which is the other half of why people go there) and bring it over to Disney World. MAKE A MARVEL THEME PARK! now THAT would be a big crowd pleaser and soon people will forget about Universal Studios! :D

DiPSU224

I remember being 7 years old and riding the train from the old Frontierland station, excited to see this new part of the park, while listening to the song about Mickey's Birthdayland. Even at that age, I wasn't really all that into that area of the park. I know it's different now than it was then, but even after becoming Toontown, it always seemed like it was just thrown together and lacked that immersive element of the other lands within MK.

A little part of me will miss TTF. My earliest and pretty much only memory of my first trip in 88 at the same age was watching the stage show and song for Mickey's Birthday Land. We have video of my sister and I dancing along to that song.

Like the others have said, I think it's best if Mickey and Minnie's homes go to yesterland. If they do one day by some miracle decide that M&M should get new homes, wouldn't we rather they start fresh?

T-1MILLION

A little part of me will miss TTF. My earliest and pretty much only memory of my first trip in 88 at the same age was watching the stage show and song for Mickey's Birthday Land. We have video of my sister and I dancing along to that song.

Like the others have said, I think it's best if Mickey and Minnie's homes go to yesterland. If they do one day by some miracle decide that M&M should get new homes, wouldn't we rather they start fresh?

(dancing on giant layered cake) "Happy Birthday, its Mickey's Birthday happy happy birthday to you"
That was back when it least it had some appeal with shows like that in the tent along with the houses and nearby theming like Mickey's Dressing Room.

I agree it would be neat to see what innovative things they could come up with for a toon town like neighborhood but these days it is unlikely we would see the same kind of budget or creativity ever go into them.

jt04

Only to be replaced by....new and improved tents.:D

I can live with that but it needs to be a medieval fair environment I think. Not suddenly finding yourself back in the middle of MSUSA Americana.

Better yet they should just build Neverland/PH. Or anything with European roots.

ml123_9

I'm going to miss Toon Town, my son absolutely loved it as did my wife and I. He's four and we went last May and at least twice a week he asks about Minnies radio and if Mickey has a shop vac in his garage. Also, Goofy's barnstormer was his favorite ride. He will be very confused when we go in September.

Ignohippo

Lee, Raven, etc. have they definitely decided on the midieval fair/circus theme for the old TTF area? Are they still trying to decide? Any idea when plans will be released? Seems odd they haven't released the new concept art yet.

Personally, the idea of it makes me want to puke but I'm holding out hope they do it well. It seems the FLE is losing a lot of the grandeur that was in the original plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom