Mickey's Toontown Fair closing in February 2011

MickeyPeace

I hope Disney is reading this. Not one person so far posted that they will miss Toontown. I certainly won't. I never include it in my visit to Magic Kingdom. Why won't it be missed? It's aimed a very young kids only. Exactly what Walt never wanted. He wanted a place that adults could enjoy also with their kids or without.
The idea of adding playgrounds (or what Disney is calling interactive queues) to attractions is also a bad idea if it gets out of control. Parents of 4-7 yr olds might be very happy standing in a queue while their kids scream and bang on bongos but everyone else probably won't be.
Focus on all age groups when designing the interactive queues.
I'm happy that the wrecking ball has come for Toontown. Anyone know what exactly will be built there now that the original plans have changed?

MouseDreaming

Not sad I'm missing it. Not upset that it is going. And, I might add it is hopefully taking with it the most DISGUSTING bathroom I have ever tried to enter at Disney. Good Bye!

ABigBrassBand

I will be there the month before it closes, so I'll be sure to get some videos and pictures of the area before it's closing...I enjoyed that area of the park, but it always did seem like a rather cheap version of DL's TT.

djkidkaz

I won't miss it but circusland will be so much better??

Does anyone know if they are actually calling that area of the park Circusland? That just doesn't seem to fit themes like Adventure, Fantasy and Tomorrow which offer so many variations available for those lands. Circusland would not be able to branch out and be anything but a circus. Its too specific and the area should be named something more general.

ABigBrassBand

I hate to sound cruel, but I agree with the good rideance. I'm sure it's cute for the kids... but to me it's just so blah... like a play place in the mall on steroids.

Do you think the recession and terrible Florida housing market put the mice into forclosure?

Do you think Mickey and Minnie might move in together to save $$$ it is the 2010s now.
I'm telling my little brother that Mickey and Minnie simply can't afford to pay their mortgage due to the recession, and after all the money they lent Goofy after he dropped out of college and never paid back they have to move into apartments on Main Street now. :lol:

WDW-Crazy

We took as many pics and video as we could get this past September This included a front seat P.O.V. of the Barnstormer which can be found on my Youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLb6iUXhWM

This was because of this possibly being my last visit to Toontown in it's current form (the announcement has now confirmed that) and also probably the most pics and video I've ever taken of this area since during its existance. I wish they would've just renovated it and somehow expanded to make it close to Disneyland's version, but I'm sure what we're getting in place of it will be alot better.

I'm questioning as to why the Fairies don't stay at the Magic Kingdom. I'm happy that Mickey & Minnie and the Princesses are all staying there. Moving the Fairies to the other parks doesn't make all that sense IMO.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Does anyone know if they are actually calling that area of the park Circusland? That just doesn't seem to fit themes like Adventure, Fantasy and Tomorrow which offer so many variations available for those lands. Circusland would not be able to branch out and be anything but a circus. Its too specific and the area should be named something more general.

Im interested in the facade thats going to go up around it. How are they going to make it look like a mall in the background. Isnt that where you find circuses most of the time these days? In the parking lot of the local abandoned mall?:lookaroun

aladdin2007

Where are they putting the fairies at Epcot? Could really do without that there, the princessess invading Norway are bad enough.

When does Snow White close any word?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Where are they putting the fairies at Epcot? Could really do without that there, the princessess invading Norway are bad enough.

When does Snow White close any word?

My guess is they will be in England since Peter Pan is set in England and Tink and the faries orriginated from that story.

S

stphnbogert

The fairies would i think fit well with the F&G festival. After that I'm sure they'll probably disappear or join tink in dhs. my guess is that snow white's mine ride would start around the same time toontown closes only because that ride would is lesser of the other two theme wise.

Jrn14

I really don't see those faries still even having M&Gs 3 years from now. I don't think they were quite the sucess that disney had hoped for.

DisneyMusician2

I agree with the good riddance. My kids were never really impressed with the area, and it just doesn't look great. (Besides, we all know that Mickey and Minnie live in California!)

lebeau

Since the majority seem to be beating up on Toon Town, I'll say that I will miss it. We had some good times there. Of course I'm looking forward to what's coming. We said our good byes on our last trip. But there were good things in TT and they will be missed.

MickeyMind

I wont be missing toontown in its current form, but I'm not all that thrilled to see a dedicated area for the fab 5 be gone forever. MK deserves its own toontown, I hate the excuse that "mickey and minnie really live in california" most people, especially those living on the east coast, dont visit dl often, if ever , and its sad that they wont be able to see mickey and minnie's house or be able to visit where mickey, minnie, donald, and goofy live.

They need their own place in the magic kingdom, and a brand new fully realized and detailed toontown should be the answer, not expo hall right in the front of main street, thats already one of the most crowded areas in the mk, can you imagine how crowded the front part of main street will be when micey and minnie move in? This is the mouse that started it all, he deserves more than just a meet and greet location with a photo background.

To me it seems like a step back if they arent going to give mickey his own area, I'm not too thrilled about the whole circus theme either, it just looks cheap and un-disney to me. I just dont understand how dumbo can get his own mini-land yet mickey gets evicted. Dumbo doesnt even have a walk-around character!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom