Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

Rich T

Not truly a reason when the attraction / show was designed a certain way and severely lacks from the missing elements.
Look at it from the POV of a typical DCA guest. They won't know what they're missing and will probably have a good time. From my own POV, if the choice is between seeing this 3D film without all the bells and whistles OR never seeing it at all, I'll go with the compromised showing. I saw Magic Journeys outdoors in front of Space Mtn. I'm sure that wasn't the most ideal way to see it, but I loved it and I'm glad I got a chance to see it.
(EDIT)
To be clear, I'd of course rather they go all out and give us the full experience--But that's never going to happen with this particular film.

fravit

I think with more attention being drawn to that side of the park in the coming years after Marvel Land opens, it'll be nice to have one less empty-box building in North Hollywood Land, even if it's a quick and temporary transplant. And, yes, I'd rather have a slightly less impressive Philharmagic than an empty box or keep it a trailer showcase.

Rich T

Maybe they should just bring back an updated MuppetVision.
I hate to say this (really I do), but Disney has botched their handling of the Muppets so badly that the public's interest in them is at a new low. I hope someone who really cares about those characters is put in charge of Kermit and co. But in the meantime, an old show starring Mickey and Donald (and Aladdin and Simba and Ariel) will generate a lot more interest.

brb1006

I hate to say this (really I do), but Disney has botched their handling of the Muppets so badly that the public's interest in them is at a new low. I hope someone who really cares about those characters is put in charge of Kermit and co. But in the meantime, an old show starring Mickey and Donald (and Aladdin and Simba and Ariel) will generate a lot more interest.
I really hope the new Muppet series on Disney Plus can make up for it.

TwilightZone

Considering they probably still have all the props, and the theater was built to house the effects, it's an utter shame they don't just bring back Muppet-Vision 3D. Sure, I love Mickey's PhilharMagic, but that has its place in Magic Kingdom, and if they were going to rip out a 3D attraction that was borrowed from another domestic park, why do so just to replace it with another borrowed 3D attraction from a domestic park? Bringing back Muppet-Vision for a limited time would have been a better use for the already existing space.
I don't know how popular the attraction is over at wdw, but it rarely got crowds over at DCA, even after the opening of Carsland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom