Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

VJ

Bret even redid some new lines in Disneyland's updated version of Fantasmic.
I dunno if this is a "captain obvious" moment or something people would find interesting, but there's a reason for this. Only the voices that received new lines in the updated show were redone, to maintain cohesiveness; in other words, performances were only redone if the situation called for it. Bret Iwan came in to voice Mickey, and Corey Burton was tapped to voice the Magic Mirror, because both characters got new dialogue in the show. Otherwise, the original performances remain the same from 1992.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
This was supposed to replace Muppets several years ago but got the axe for some reason. Finally happened.

Hopefully they use the side wall projectors to compensate for the smaller screen.

Sooo...up next they’ll finally announce the Armegeddon clone for the Millionaire building? ;)

Last edited:

VJ

Okay

Did ANYBODY see this one coming?
wpdl10923801293823fi.jpg

FoozieBear

Considering they probably still have all the props, and the theater was built to house the effects, it's an utter shame they don't just bring back Muppet-Vision 3D. Sure, I love Mickey's PhilharMagic, but that has its place in Magic Kingdom, and if they were going to rip out a 3D attraction that was borrowed from another domestic park, why do so just to replace it with another borrowed 3D attraction from a domestic park? Bringing back Muppet-Vision for a limited time would have been a better use for the already existing space.

Rich T

Considering they probably still have all the props, and the theater was built to house the effects, it's an utter shame they don't just bring back Muppet-Vision 3D. Sure, I love Mickey's PhilharMagic, but that has its place in Magic Kingdom, and if they were going to rip out a 3D attraction that was borrowed from another domestic park, why do so just to replace it with another borrowed 3D attraction from a domestic park? Bringing back Muppet-Vision for a limited time would have been a better use for the already existing space.
Normally, I love the Muppets, but in this case I think Disney will get more interest in a major 3D production that most DCA guests have never seen than by bringing back a show most DCA guests have already (sadly) ignored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom