Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

ebjjst

I've read conflicting reports on this forum as to how crowded MNSSHP is in September. Is it better to go to that event early in the month? Does it help when the event is held on a weekday night? Do people (adults) wear costumes when the event is held in September, or is that too early? Just how hot can I expect it to be at night, during that month? Thank you ahead of time for any information.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For the most part the closer you get to Halloween the busier it gets. If you can go mid week and again if possible avoid night with AP, DVC, etc discounts you should find smaller crowds. Weather can be a mixed bag. Last year we were there in late September and it was so hot that I had to leave early as I was nearing a heat stroke thanks to my costume. Many adults where costumes but I would advise wearing something on the light side.

Upvote 0

Rook26

My wife and I went to MNSSHP for the first time on September 11th last year and it was such fun. We did not dress up, but there were a lot of adults dressed up and there were some great costumes and ideas. I can't say enough how much we loved it. It wasn't very crowded at all, you could get on just about any ride in less than five minutes. The colors were amazing, the Hallowishes fireworks were awesome and I still can't get the Boo To You parade song out of my head.

Although I might regret saying this for fear of it becoming too popular and therefor crowded, I would definitely say it is worth the money whether you are a couple like us without children or a large family. :)

Upvote 0

Tidbit

I took my family in the first week of Sept 2008, and let me tell you there were more adults dressed up in costume's then the kids. It was not busy at all and we loved it. My kids are teenagers and they all said they would go back again & again. I will be on my honeymoon there in Oct 2010 & yes my husband and I are going to MNSSHP and will be dressed up. I will be a hippie bride & he will be my biker groom!! I can't wait, and I hope you have fun & take lots of pics.

Upvote 0

mamamouse

Gotta dress up thats all part of the fun, I got a cheap pirate costume from walmart n bought the pirate mickey bandana with the ears sticking out

Upvote 0

HeatherK

I love dressing up for MNSSHP!

In 2007, I bought a hula skirt, and a pink tank top and wore a Stitch backpack and I was Lilo & Stitch.

In 2008, my boyfriend at the time and I made The Incredibles baseball shirts, where his said Mr. Incredible, mine said Mrs. Incredible, and on the back was The Incredibles with our ages.

In 2009 I went twice. Once as a Mouseketeer. Then I went with my mother and sister. I was a Stitch football player, my mother was a ghostbuster and my sister was a fire woman. My mom & sister bought their "costumes" at wal-mart, they were just t-shirts with a few accessories. Very simple!

I see many adults dressing up, but my favorites are the huge familes who do group things. There are a lot of Peter Pan groups & Toy Story groups. It is, in my opinion, the best time of the year in Disney.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree with Master Yoda, the closer you get to Halloween the more crowded the event gets. We were actually at MNSSHP party the same night as Master Yoda, and he is not lying.... It was hot as all heck! But crowds wise it was not bad for a Friday night in late September. But I will say from past experiences, if you are able to attend the event early to mid week, I would do that as you can definitely see a difference in the crowd levels. Enjoy! MNSSHP is by far my favorite event!

Upvote 0

heartodisney

This is a MUST DO! My wife and I were not aware of this when we were there Oct. 31st 2006, we had costumes, but did not know that about the parade till it was too late..sold out and really did not know they had a parade the night after...we just dressed up and went to DTD for shopping and dinner..we had a blast and watched the kids that dressed up go from store to store for candy! I have watched a video of the Halloween Parade...looks so cool!

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

I went around the first of October, it was not even crowded at all. I think the longest line was about 30 minutes and that was Peter Pan, were all the kids were. We walked on Splash, SM, and HM. I loved it and would say everyone must do it. The weather was still hot during the day, in the 90s, but the nights were rather enjoyable. Did run into rain one night, but for the most part we had decent weather.

Upvote 0

zaberachi

its my birthday on halloween and want toattend the mnsshp any tips on possible pre sale tickets as we live in the uk im scared of a sell out we dont actually fly in till the 30th any help would be appreciated guys and gals:shrug:

Upvote 0

majorrfb

MNSSHPis the BEST

Hands down, Mickey's NSSHP is the best by far. We have attended both,
Holloween and Christmas parties and Holloween is great. We love the parade, the costumes, fireworks and treats (of course). Go, have fun, a night to remember:sohappy: :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

JessicaB

DS and I love MNSSHP!! It's our favorite. We've been twice both times in October. Once during the week and once on the weekend. During the week was slightly less crowed, but both times were great. DS dressed up for both times as goofy. I picked up a Halloween shirt and some funky jewelry for the party. Either way I know you'll have a blast.:)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

its my birthday on halloween and want toattend the mnsshp any tips on possible pre sale tickets as we live in the uk im scared of a sell out we dont actually fly in till the 30th any help would be appreciated guys and gals:shrug:

Tickets usually go on sale around May 1st. Keep an eye out on the Disney site and buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale!

Upvote 0

coltow

We went to the first party last year it was on 9/4.

The last time we had gone to MNSSHP it was late October. We dressed DS in his costume for that one. Being from Boston we need heavier costumes for Halloween. So I was afraid that my boys would ROAST in costumes last year. What we did instead was we all wore Red Sox shirts. We saw quite a few other familes that had done the same thing. We did see some familes in full costumes, but I think because it was hot and so early in the year not as many people wanted to wear costumes.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I always thought that the weekdays would be less crowded. We went on a Tuesday last year and it was crowded. I then surprised Colleen with tickets for Friday later in the trip and it was dead.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom