News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~16.7 secs for tonight's party.

For comparison to the usual 6pm drop during EEH on Wednesday evenings and the last party on Tuesday (8/22):
scatter_plot-1653.png

Squishy

The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~16.7 secs for tonight's party.

For comparison to the usual 6pm drop during EEH on Wednesday evenings and the last party on Tuesday (8/22):
View attachment 739255
Curious, do you take into account request response time? Wonder if the spikes could be due to response time hangs from Disney's servers or just in general a bit less people trying to get VQ.

gerarar

Premium Member
Curious, do you take into account request response time? Wonder if the spikes could be due to response time hangs from Disney's servers or just in general a bit less people trying to get VQ.
Kinda? It's been a while since I made any major changes, but I basically have like 3-5 threads checking the VQ availability status at each drop, then those threads get a close-time once the VQ closes. I take the average of those threads' times, removing any outliers. If the VQ is still open after 10 mins, I kill the other threads since it's not too important to get the time down to the second.

I considered factoring in response times before, but I haven't seen any major latency issues from Disney's API. It usually responds instantly, around 500ms or so per request.

Here's the logs from one of the threads. "isAcceptingJoins" is the json field that indicates if the VQ thread is still open. Can tell from the timestamps that it's pretty normal, latency-wise
Screenshot_20230825_174529_JuiceSSH.jpg

jrhwdw

The empty ralph car in boo to you is awkward, in almost every showing I heard someone ask/mention ralph missing.
I can see that. But I kind of like it. You can hear the Candy Soundtrack better!!

I also like that Main Streets Lights stay on this year!! Makes it less Spooky!!

the_rich

Anyone else that has been to the recent parties have a good review for us?
I did the party last night. Amazing time and well worth it. Every ride was a walk on, though we only did space and seven dwarves. The hocus pocus spelltacular is not to be missed. Get there like 30 mins before show time and try to get a spot right in front of the castle. We got set up at 8, saw the 835 show then moved to seats around walts statue and had a great view of the 915 parade and then the fireworks at 1015. Also the Buffalo chicken hand pie, terryfin twice spice chicken sandwich and zombie fingers were all amazing. I would also wait to trick or treat till after the fireworks, lines get much shorter.

RoadiJeff

The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is September 24.

Dates still available -

Sept. 19, 26, 28, 29
Oct. 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29
Nov. 1
Hmm...that's the date we will be there. Hopefully, the sold out crowd will not be anywhere near as bad as the MVMCP crowd we were stuck in back in 2018. According to what I read the other day in this thread, Disney has reduced the ticket sales, resulting in smaller crowds, for these events.

I'll find out 4 weeks from today. I have my Peter Pan costume all ready to go and wife is working on her Tinker Bell wings. :)

Figments Friend

From what others here have been saying, this years HalloParty seems to have similar capacity levels that are similar to last year, even at sold out events.
Very manageable and not at all the utterly nutty packed madhouse it was pre-Covid Apocalypse in 2019.
2018 was crazy crowded too.

Looking forward to this years event.
If it is indeed low levels like last years I am going to be a pleased dragon..

-

the_rich

I went Friday night. Every ride was basically a walk on. I got a spot sitting in front of the castle for the hocus pocus show at 8 for the 835 show. Candy lines were long but under a 5 minute wait. I got a spot by walts statue for the fireworks about 45 mins before. The only things that had longer lines were food and merch, even those weren't bad. Also the meet and greets had long lines, like 2 hours for Jack skellington.

Sorcerer Mickey

The M&Gs on Friday had the longest lines. Haunted Mansion was 20 minutes, as was Space Mountain. Tron had the longest wait if you got into the VQ. Worst part was the heat. I'm a Florida native and at midnight it still felt like walking in an oven.

Figments Friend

Judge Doom at Disneyland is pure win.
Wonderful to have him there!

You will never see him at WDW since Roger Rabbit related characters are ‘not allowed’ in the East Coast Parks.
Disneyland gets a pass however, since it’s ‘Disneyland’ and has ‘Roger Rabbit’s Car-Toon Spin’.
Talk to Mr. Spielberg about it all…

-

dreday3

Has anyone been yet and watched The Pirate band? I'm watching a video and I have to say they seem like an excellent addition.

They should do musical acts like this at the Christmas party! Do they?

JustInTime

Judge Doom at Disneyland is pure win.
Wonderful to have him there!

You will never see him at WDW since Roger Rabbit related characters are ‘not allowed’ in the East Coast Parks.
Disneyland gets a pass however, since it’s ‘Disneyland’ and has ‘Roger Rabbit’s Car-Toon Spin’.
Talk to Mr. Spielberg about it all…

-
They used to meet all the time, right? That makes no sense. I’d like to know the story behind that.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Okay - due to the hurricane cancelling our trip to Saint Simons Island on the Georgia coast we are headed to WDW tomorrow for our 10th anniversary trip. I know the parties on the 1st and 4th are sold out but the person I spoke with told me that MK Guest Relations may have tickets from cancellations they can sell or they may be able to do an exception booking for our circumstances. Does anyone happen to have a phone number for them? I'd love to callt oday and try to get it taken care of but she said she couldn't give it out and I'd have to go in person tomorrow.

Figments Friend

Okay - due to the hurricane cancelling our trip to Saint Simons Island on the Georgia coast we are headed to WDW tomorrow for our 10th anniversary trip. I know the parties on the 1st and 4th are sold out but the person I spoke with told me that MK Guest Relations may have tickets from cancellations they can sell or they may be able to do an exception booking for our circumstances. Does anyone happen to have a phone number for them? I'd love to callt oday and try to get it taken care of but she said she couldn't give it out and I'd have to go in person tomorrow.

WDW Guest Relations -

(407) 824-4321

:)

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom