News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why so contrary?
You made a claim that they oversold based on the line waiting to get in, which others have made with no proof (in fact vlogs proved they were wrong).

However, I apologize that I forgot to account that WDW might have raised the cap to accommodate those affected by the hurricane.

Tho, in my defense, that's not exactly 'overselling.' ;)

TheMaxRebo

Has anyone been yet and watched The Pirate band? I'm watching a video and I have to say they seem like an excellent addition.

They should do musical acts like this at the Christmas party! Do they?

My family watches it Tuesday and they did some funny stuff like:

"Shoulders back, ankles together, belly in .... belly in"

"That's as in as it is getting"

They also would walk around and engage with people in-between sets

TheMaxRebo

We went to the party this past Tuesday - first time we have ever attended.

We had a very good time and would definitely do it again (though our night was $109 ... not sure if would pay $159 or $199)

We got there in the big crowd of people but we're in the park by 4:04. We did a few rides and shopped for merch as rain came down, then got in line for Elvis Stitch just before 6pm and got at VQ BG for Tron while in line. Out of meeting Stitch by 6:50 and then to Tron, off of that by 7:10

Then did Space Mountain (about 25 min wait) - way scarier in the dark. Then got a few treats and went to do Haunted Mansion and the magic shot there (about 20 and 10 minute wait respectively). Did some trick or treating and saw Pirate Band.

Then got a spot for the fireworks (enjoyed them and the Jack puppet is cool), then I got a spot for the parade while my wife and oldest watched the stage show. Parade was amazing - loved all the characters and how much the interacted with the crowd.

After parade, rest of family went home while my sone and I went to ride his favorite ride again - the Speedway (he rode it 5 times over 2 days). Then we were out of the park about 12:18am

As to crowds, if felt a bit higher than I expected but totally manageable and everyone being in costumes and in the spirit was great. Though, i
PXL_20230830_022228286.MP.jpg
PXL_20230829_204444785.MP.jpg
PXL_20230830_034052095.jpg
PXL_20230830_034719161.MP.jpg
received_659176432824679.jpeg
received_1020872525712754.jpeg
f this is considered "low" compared to prior to the pandemic I am glad we skipped going then

the_rich

We went to the party this past Tuesday - first time we have ever attended.

We had a very good time and would definitely do it again (though our night was $109 ... not sure if would pay $159 or $199)

We got there in the big crowd of people but we're in the park by 4:04. We did a few rides and shopped for merch as rain came down, then got in line for Elvis Stitch just before 6pm and got at VQ BG for Tron while in line. Out of meeting Stitch by 6:50 and then to Tron, off of that by 7:10

Then did Space Mountain (about 25 min wait) - way scarier in the dark. Then got a few treats and went to do Haunted Mansion and the magic shot there (about 20 and 10 minute wait respectively). Did some trick or treating and saw Pirate Band.

Then got a spot for the fireworks (enjoyed them and the Jack puppet is cool), then I got a spot for the parade while my wife and oldest watched the stage show. Parade was amazing - loved all the characters and how much the interacted with the crowd.

After parade, rest of family went home while my sone and I went to ride his favorite ride again - the Speedway (he rode it 5 times over 2 days). Then we were out of the park about 12:18am

As to crowds, if felt a bit higher than I expected but totally manageable and everyone being in costumes and in the spirit was great. Though, iView attachment 740604View attachment 740605View attachment 740606View attachment 740607View attachment 740608View attachment 740609f this is considered "low" compared to prior to the pandemic I am glad we skipped going then
I think it was a good amount of people. I never felt like there were alot of people in the park except for around the castle for the various events.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
the line to get in to tonight’s party is insane. Triple wrapped back to the ferry. They definitely oversold tonight.

Why so contrary? I was there. Lol. It was as packed as I remember. I suspect guest relations shuffled people to Friday’s party due to the hurricane scare.

Donald and Daisy had a 3 hour wait when the party started. 😳

We were there last night and yes the line to get in was insane. We had day tickets with hoppers so went in the left side and used the station in FL to get our wristbands.

But once in the party it did not feel busy. We walked up to MSUSA and got a seat on the curb for the first parade at 8:45PM with no problem. It was nowhere near as packed as the 2018/2019 parties that I attended.

JustInTime

We were there last night and yes the line to get in was insane. We had day tickets with hoppers so went in the left side and used the station in FL to get our wristbands.

But once in the party it did not feel busy. We walked up to MSUSA and got a seat on the curb for the first parade at 8:45PM with no problem. It was nowhere near as packed as the 2018/2019 parties that I attended.
I felt it was comparable to what I’ve seen in the past, personally. It wasn’t a light crowd by any means like I’ve seen a lot suggest.

Also - I’ve gone to the party 12 years in a row and I’ve never seen the entry line look like that. I wish I had thought to snap photos because that was really something 😅

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I felt it was comparable to what I’ve seen in the past, personally. It wasn’t a light crowd by any means like I’ve seen a lot suggest.

Also - I’ve gone to the party 12 years in a row and I’ve never seen the entry line look like that. I wish I had thought to snap photos because that was really something 😅
I think it's more and more clear to everyone going to the party they can enter at 4p.

Disney didn't go out of their way in the past to publicize it.

So, now, a lot more are showing up at 4.

Figments Friend

Yeah, I have been wondering why that large line to get in for 4 pm is so huge this year.
I am assuming enough years have passed and now everyone and their dog knows they can get in starting at 4 pm.
For several seasons it seemed a lot of Guests were not aware of this.

Edit - Mister Penguin just said basically the same thing as I was typing this to post!
🤓

-

MadderAdder

I’m curious if anyone has any suggestions to my proposed itinerary? 🎃

(We’re going in October! Just me and my fiancé - no kids and we’re city walkers..)
  • Line up between 3-3:30 after a 1/2 pm lunch at SH71 Lounge.
  • 4-7: see Main Street, take photos, go to Fantasyland, 7DMT ride, Pooh ride, grab treats: whoopie pie, queen slushy, and witches brew, Pooh M&G at 5:30, go back to TST to visit Mickey at 7
  • 7-8:30: go to Tomorrowland, space mountain ride, monsters inc overlay, people mover ride, snacks: zombie fingers, sully slushee, see Tron (not riding)
  • 8:30-10: Donald/Daisy M&G, grab buffalo chicken pie snack, haunted mansion ride/photos
  • 10-10:30: grab a Jack cake pop & fireworks
  • 10:45-11:45: second parade in Frontierland, snacks: fries and corn milkshake, Rusty Cutlass show
  • 11:45-12:45: final Hocus Pocus show, photo pass spots, any merch

the_rich

(We’re going in October! Just me and my fiancé - no kids and we’re city walkers..)
  • 4-7: see Main Street, take photos, go to Fantasyland, 7DMT ride, Pooh ride, grab treats: whoopie pie, queen slushy, and witches brew, Pooh M&G at 5:30, go back to TST to visit Mickey at 7
  • 7-8:30: go to Tomorrowland, space mountain ride, monsters inc overlay, people mover ride, snacks: zombie fingers, sully slushee, see Tron (not riding)
  • 8:30-10: Donald/Daisy M&G, grab buffalo chicken pie snack, haunted mansion ride/photos
  • 10:45-11:45: second parade in Frontierland, snacks: fries and corn milkshake, Rusty Cutlass show
Seems fine. Only issue I see going to see mickey at 7. You'll be there for an hour waiting so your Tomorrowland wouldn't be done by 830.

JustInTime

Do Mickey later. We met him with no wait once the party started. Also - be flexible for weather. You don’t want to wait until the last HP show and it get canceled due to rain (ask me how I know).

MadderAdder

Thanks, both!! I will see how to put Mickey’s M&G elsewhere. I’m still toggling with abandoning either Donald/Daisy or Pooh/Friends. Would make things easier but I’d like to see them both. We’ll see! I’ll also have DAS so I hope that helps with timing of some things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom