News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

RoadiJeff

Disney can easily fix this problem by NOT opening the doors at the TTC allowing guests to get off but they refuse to tho. If im staying at a monorail resort and had to deal with those lines which for most part are people getting off at TTC i be fuming.
But the TTC is where monorail resort guests transfer to the Epcot monorail. Disney is not going to eliminate that.

Splash4eva

But the TTC is where monorail resort guests transfer to the Epcot monorail. Disney is not going to eliminate that.
when MK is closed who is leaving the MK to go to Epcot? Heck is Epcot even open after MK closes?!? If they are truly worried. Have a bus from MK to Epcot direct than. I dk if you been on the monorail after a long day at MK and the resort line is long and 90% of those people get off at TTC. As. I said. Its a disgrace Disney allows this.

Touchdown

It is in the winter when MK closes at 8 or 9, on Mondays for EMH, After Hours Nights, MNSHP and MVMCP nights and nights when fireworks are delayed by 30 min. Additionally, stragglers out of Epcot might still need to transfer at the TTC until 10pm.

Besides, the busiest times on the MK monorail is not close, it’s post HEA, and that very much coincides with Epcot close most of the year.

In 2019, I remember they used checkpoints (with iPhones) to block resort monorail access post fireworks during party season at MK bit havent seen it (or seen it needed) since the pandemic.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Disney can easily fix this problem by NOT opening the doors at the TTC allowing guests to get off but they refuse to tho. If im staying at a monorail resort and had to deal with those lines which for most part are people getting off at TTC i be fuming.
We stayed at the Poly in 2019 expecting to have a dedicated monorail back to the resort. We were very disappointed when we had to wait in a long line and be on a crowded train.

A simple solution would be a scan of a magic band or room key at the sidewalk where you split to go to either the resort or TTC monorail. The fact there there are simple solutions tells me Disney has decided that this "perk" for monorail resort guests is not as important as getting more guests back to the TTC at night.

Splash4eva

We stayed at the Poly in 2019 expecting to have a dedicated monorail back to the resort. We were very disappointed when we had to wait in a long line and be on a crowded train.

A simple solution would be a scan of a magic band or room key at the sidewalk where you split to go to either the resort or TTC monorail. The fact there there are simple solutions tells me Disney has decided that this "perk" for monorail resort guests is not as important as getting more guests back to the TTC at night.
Sadly you are 100% accurate

TheMaxRebo

Does Disney promote/market it as a dedicated monorail though? Thought just that the monorails service those resorts, not that you get a private one or anything ... I don't think the see any issue that might need a solution to start with

MagicHappens1971

Does Disney promote/market it as a dedicated monorail though? Thought just that the monorails service those resorts, not that you get a private one or anything ... I don't think the see any issue that might need a solution to start with
Yeah I don’t think Disney promotes it as a “dedicated monorail” at the end of the day, Disney needs to get people back to the TTC and the resort monorail is just one of the ways they do it. I personally always use the resort monorail to get back to TTC when the mass exodus is occurring at MK. That’s just me.

Touchdown

Besides who is doing the resort monorail “trick” to TTC? Locals and frequent visitors. What are those people going to do if blocked? Walk to the Contemporary and board there, negating the benefit. Because that’s what happened in 2019.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m not sure this isn’t overthinking it a bit.

there is a “fixed cost” to hold the party. Once costs are met by cash paying customers, there is a small (likely tiny) incremental cost for each guest. But in general, once costs are hit, margins expand pretty quick on these events. Just don’t know what the break even point is.

I think the ‘sold out‘ broadcasts is intended to whip up the scarcity (fear of missing out) in shoppers. Drive a decision towards sooner and ‘yes’.

‘fear of missing out‘ on a big, expensive trip is a powerful motivator…I’m guessing Disney is leaning hard on that tactic.
I showed my math. Can you show the math of how your suppositions work?

Ayla

When they deem the resort monorail is for monorail resort guests only, then you can fume. Until then, you're wasting your energy.

RoadiJeff

when MK is closed who is leaving the MK to go to Epcot? Heck is Epcot even open after MK closes?!? If they are truly worried. Have a bus from MK to Epcot direct than. I dk if you been on the monorail after a long day at MK and the resort line is long and 90% of those people get off at TTC. As. I said. Its a disgrace Disney allows this.
How about the monorail hotel guests who spent the day at Epcot via monorail and are trying to return to their hotel the same way? Epcot is usually open until 9:00pm and even later on extended evening hours. Having the hotel monorail stop at the TTC is the only way they are going to get back.

Splash4eva

How about the monorail hotel guests who spent the day at Epcot via monorail and are trying to return to their hotel the same way? Epcot is usually open until 9:00pm and even later on extended evening hours. Having the hotel monorail stop at the TTC is the only way they are going to get back.
The doors open to enter the monorail on one side and open on the other to exit… leave the exit doors closed… in theory it should work but im also not foolish to think people will not exit thru the entry doors… or you can simply have those people get on express monorail to mk and have them transfer to resort line not ideal but another solution

Splash4eva

When they deem the resort monorail is for monorail resort guests only, then you can fume. Until then, you're wasting your energy.
So you are saying the resort monorail is for all guests not just those staying at those resorts or may have parked there after a late dinner etc?

Splash4eva

Correct. It has never been a resort-guest-only line. It is for everyone to use. I have no idea where you even got the idea it was for monorail resort guests only. LOL
To me it was only implied that the resort line was meant for resort stops only or resort guests/people getting off at the hotels not for anyone to use and get off at the TTC which definitely seems like the case more so than not…

bmr1591

Anyone think Jollywood Nights’ success might lead to a more adult-oriented Halloween party at Hollywood Studios next year? It feels like a big opportunity not being pursued.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Anyone think Jollywood Nights’ success might lead to a more adult-oriented Halloween party at Hollywood Studios next year? It feels like a big opportunity not being pursued.

I don’t think a single Jollywood event has sold out yet has it?

Jrb1979

I don't see it as I can't see them wanting to compete with HHN.

cranbiz

So you are saying the resort monorail is for all guests not just those staying at those resorts or may have parked there after a late dinner etc?
The resort monorail has always been available for all guests. It was never resort guests only. A guest has a choice to hop on the express monorail and go directly to MK and back to the TTC or hop on the resort monorail and live with the resort stops.

Depending on the lines, you may or may not save time riding the resort line even with the stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom