News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

Figments Friend

They used to meet all the time, right? That makes no sense. I’d like to know the story behind that.

Roger Rabbit and friends used to be active in the WDW Parks in the late 1980s and early 1990s prior to a 'fall out' with the co-copyright owner, Mr. Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment.
Disney and Spielberg split the ownership rights back in mid 80s when the film 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' was in development.
So neither one of them owned the rights entirely.

In general , there was a dispute over the percentage of ownership between the two parties and the monies involved.
It got a little heated, and it was decided that anything related to Roger would be phased out on the East Coast, but Disneyland still had the okay to feature them.
Disneyland as you know has the Roger based Attraction, and Roger himself would sometimes make character appearances.

He still shows up periodically for character appearances in Disneyland, most recently was for a Disneyland After Dark's '80s Night' event last year.

-

-

Last edited:

Splash4eva

Okay - due to the hurricane cancelling our trip to Saint Simons Island on the Georgia coast we are headed to WDW tomorrow for our 10th anniversary trip. I know the parties on the 1st and 4th are sold out but the person I spoke with told me that MK Guest Relations may have tickets from cancellations they can sell or they may be able to do an exception booking for our circumstances. Does anyone happen to have a phone number for them? I'd love to callt oday and try to get it taken care of but she said she couldn't give it out and I'd have to go in person tomorrow.
Your best bet is to go to City Hall explain the situation to them and hope for some Disney magic…

jpeden

In the Parks
No
As i mentioned once before they do have tickets. Last year i was at a Halloween party where it poured and a ton was cancelled and was able to go to either of the sold out parties during my trip after speaking to city hall

I'm hopeful the combo of cancelled trip due to hurricane and 10th anniversary and the fact that it's my wife's favorite WDW activity will get us some pixie dust - but of course I'm not counting on anything.

disneylandtour

They did record totally new lines for Goofy for this year's parade. It is very odd, though, that they didn't bother doing ANYTHING with Mickey and Minnie's float and instead just removed Minnie's lines...didn't even fill the space where they used to be. I get the feeling that was a VERY last minute decision.
I have a feeling that this has to do with the SAG strike. Voice actors are part of SAG, so they have partially restricted activities right now. I'm guessing that if there were plans for some new voice work, this may have been scuttled by the strike.

WorldExplorer

The people at last night's party were ridiculously lucky. Rain before (or right at the start? Wasn't sure), then a good five hours of dry, then rain again after it ended.

(Cruella even had an umbrella during the second parade and some villains were cut; they must've known they were cutting it close.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
the line to get in to tonight’s party is insane. Triple wrapped back to the ferry. They definitely oversold tonight.
No they didn't.

The entirety of the space in front of MK can't be used as a holding pen like at rope drop. Area needs to left open for people still entering up until 6 AM on a regular ticket or AP, and there needs to be space for people exiting.

MK, on average, has historically had 50K guests throughout the day. If the event is limited to 20K (which isn't crowded at all), for example, then you might have 5K people waiting to get in. That front area can't really hold that many people while leaving part of it unused for party entry (see above).

People have posted here pictures of the entry area packed, but then live vloggers show that the park later in the evening isn't crowded at all.

There's no need to resort to conspiracy theories of overselling.

Let us know how the crowds are tonight around 9p.

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~4 mins for tonight's party.

For comparison to the usual 6pm drop during EEH on Wednesday evenings and the last recent party on Tuesday (8/29):
scatter_plot-509.png

Last edited:

JustInTime

No they didn't.

The entirety of the space in front of MK can't be used as a holding pen like at rope drop. Area needs to left open for people still entering up until 6 AM on a regular ticket or AP, and there needs to be space for people exiting.

MK, on average, has historically had 50K guests throughout the day. If the event is limited to 20K (which isn't crowded at all), for example, then you might have 5K people waiting to get in. That front area can't really hold that many people while leaving part of it unused for party entry (see above).

People have posted here pictures of the entry area packed, but then live vloggers show that the park later in the evening isn't crowded at all.

There's no need to resort to conspiracy theories of overselling.

Let us know how the crowds are tonight around 9p.
Why so contrary? I was there. Lol. It was as packed as I remember. I suspect guest relations shuffled people to Friday’s party due to the hurricane scare.

Donald and Daisy had a 3 hour wait when the party started. 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom