News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

Animaniac93-98

these early dates are cheaper than a day ticket. To me, the 4 PM crowd suggest there are a lot of day ticket type guest saving money by going to the party as opposed to a day at the park.

This is why I've kept going to the party for so many years.

Most nights are cheaper than a day ticket and you get a better overall park experience. Free candy is also a bonus.

Animaniac93-98

As far as whether Universal is discounting tickets, I must have missed that boat, too. Earlier this week, I bought two one day 2 park tickets for $432.74, with tax, for use on 9/30. Also, two one time use per ride Express Passes for that day for $355.09, with tax. Total cost for tickets one day at Universal for two of us came to $787.83. That was via a discount thru T-Mobile. I'd hate to pay regular price and yes, it was cheaper than buying them direct off Universal's website.

The main Universal promo right now is get 5 days for the price of 2. You pick whether you want 2 or 3 parks and Park2Park or not.

They're not discounting single-day tickets because they're trying to encourage longer stays.

TheMaxRebo

Here's something I hadn't thought about until I saw some of the costume pics just now in this thread. My wife and I are planning on dressing as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, right down to the shoes/slippers (I'll post pics afterwards). :) Since we plan on spending all day at MK, we'll be arriving early that morning. If we show up early that morning all dressed up, will Disney still let us in? They have a no costume dress code but it is somewhat relaxed for the party. However, that doesn't start until later that day.

I'm just wondering if we should pack some regular clothes in a bag and leave it in our car, just in case.

You should have other clothes or at least something to wear over it or something. You can't do the full costumes during the regular hours - or at least it may be an issue so I would be prepared.

Could probably have some of it on with like a regular shirt or something if makes the day easier

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Someone i talk with seemed to be suggesting that as part of a 'marketing strategy', Disney is listing parties as sold out to drive up demand for the more expensive tickets later in the season.
No solid proof of this, but the suggestion did make me think about the possibilities.

I mean think about it...
When something is out of your reach, it makes you want it more.
Also, announcements of sold out dates create awareness and can be a possible driver to get Guests to make that purchase 'now' instead' of 'later'.

I would like to think the Events are simply selling out due to demand, as these are popular.
Found this a interesting take however. and wanted to share.

-

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone i talk with seemed to be suggesting that as part of a 'marketing strategy', Disney is listing parties as sold out to drive up demand for the more expensive tickets later in the season.
No solid proof of this, but the suggestion did make me think about the possibilities.

I mean think about it...
Also, announcements of sold out dates create awareness and can be a possible driver to get Guests to make that purchase 'now' instead' of 'later'.

I would like to think the Events are simply selling out due to demand, as these are popular.

-
We've been hearing for years from someone who "heard something" about falsifying information about events being "full" just to drive up demand.

And yet, no one who has ever left Disney's employment has blown the whistle on that practice.

Odd.

JustInTime

I mean think about it...

-
This makes sense.

dreday3

I think sold out is sold out and there's no deeper meaning behind it. I think they are selling out even if less people are buying because they are selling less tickets. All parties so far are reporting walk on for almost all rides. That was not the case pre-covid parties.

the_rich

I think sold out is sold out and there's no deeper meaning behind it. I think they are selling out even if less people are buying because they are selling less tickets. All parties so far are reporting walk on for almost all rides. That was not the case pre-covid parties.
It was the case last year tho.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Maybe I'm misinterpreting the double and triple negatives :D but to be clear:

Leading up to the last parties pre-pandemic (the last being in 2019), the Halloween and Christmas parties became more and more crowded. They were definitely over selling.

After the pandemic, as the parties returned, the crowds were significantly less than during the pre-pandemic times.

Live vlogs of the parties in 2022, and now the Halloween party of 2023 show a reasonable capping of crowds, and being significantly less crowded than 2019.

Jrb1979

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the double and triple negatives :D but to be clear:

Leading up to the last parties pre-pandemic (the last being in 2019), the Halloween and Christmas parties became more and more crowded. They were definitely over selling.

After the pandemic, as the parties returned, the crowds were significantly less than during the pre-pandemic times.

Live vlogs of the parties in 2022, and now the Halloween party of 2023 show a reasonable capping of crowds, and being significantly less crowded than 2019.
No one is debating that they are capping the size of crowds. That is a good thing.

What is being said is they are stopping sales before they reach that set capacity so they can push guests to other dates.

For example let's say the max tickets available each night is 7500. Instead of selling all 7500 they put the sold out sign at 7000 to push those 500 guests to a different day.

the_rich

No one is debating that they are capping the size of crowds. That is a good thing.

What is being said is they are stopping sales before they reach that set capacity so they can push guests to other dates.

For example let's say the max tickets available each night is 7500. Instead of selling all 7500 they put the sold out sign at 7000 to push those 500 guests to a different day.
And there is no evidence of this. Complete conjecture to fit a narrative.

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~5.6 secs for tonight's party.

For comparison to the usual 6pm drop during EEH on Wednesday evenings and the last party on Tuesday (8/15):
scatter_plot-691.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Why would they want to that? It would mean that they're leaving money on the table by not selling out to capacity over and over again.

Is that the Di$ney we all know and love?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Not if they can push that guest to buying tickets to a higher priced party
That's not how the math works out.

Let's say that the capacity is 12K.

When an early date hits 10K, they say, "Sorry, this date is full, no more tickets will be sold for this date. Maybe come at a later date, it's only $30 more!"

So, that early date sells 10,000 slots for $100. That's $1,000,000 in revenue for that first night.

They then sell the second date at $130 for the full 12K capacity. That's $1,560,000 in revenue.

So, between those two dates, they made $2,560,000 in revenue.

So, wow, that's a lot more revenue... but no. By not selling the first date to capacity, they missed out on 2,000 ticket x $100 = $200,000

If they sold out both dates, then between those two dates, they would have made $2,760,000.

And that's more than $2,560,000.

Squishy

When an early date hits 10K, they say, "Sorry, this date is full, no more tickets will be sold for this date. Maybe come at a later date, it's only $30 more!"

So, that early date sells 10,000 slots for $100. That's $1,000,000 in revenue for that first night.

They then sell the second date at $130 for the full 12K capacity. That's $1,560,000 in revenue.

So, wow, that's a lot more revenue... but no. By not selling the first date to capacity, they missed out on 2,000 ticket x $100 = $200,000

If they sold out both dates, then between those two dates, they would have made $2,760,000.

....and then Iger & his crew get their cut and send some to the Disney+ nonprofit ;)

123mart123

I’m not sure this isn’t overthinking it a bit.

there is a “fixed cost” to hold the party. Once costs are met by cash paying customers, there is a small (likely tiny) incremental cost for each guest. But in general, once costs are hit, margins expand pretty quick on these events. Just don’t know what the break even point is.

I think the ‘sold out‘ broadcasts is intended to whip up the scarcity (fear of missing out) in shoppers. Drive a decision towards sooner and ‘yes’.

‘fear of missing out‘ on a big, expensive trip is a powerful motivator…I’m guessing Disney is leaning hard on that tactic.

Splash4eva

Yes you can. No checking of room keys.
Disney can easily fix this problem by NOT opening the doors at the TTC allowing guests to get off but they refuse to tho. If im staying at a monorail resort and had to deal with those lines which for most part are people getting off at TTC i be fuming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom