News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

Monkee Girl

That is the other option

Guess I was thinking if realistically have to be there at like 2 to avoid a major line I would definitely do 4:30

Guess I will see how our day is going and adapt
Same, I have such a huge FOMO (fear of missing out) problem that I WANT to get there at 2pm for the line, lol. But I'm trying to remind myself that this party is happening the day before we leave so we would have been at the park multiple times before then (including the day before) so there's nothing I need to rush into. I am wearing a legit costume and want to take my time getting ready and it's also our 'resort day' and don't want to cut our time short enjoying our 'day off' if we have to start getting ready at 12 for a 2pm show up...

Na, ... I think we can hang out until 2ish get freshened up and dressed and look into getting there by 4:30 and hopefully the mad rush is over. Party doesn't officially start till 7 anyway. But UGH! what if I miss something!? lol

TheMaxRebo

Same, I have such a huge FOMO (fear of missing out) problem that I WANT to get there at 2pm for the line, lol. But I'm trying to remind myself that this party is happening the day before we leave so we would have been at the park multiple times before then (including the day before) so there's nothing I need to rush into. I am wearing a legit costume and want to take my time getting ready and it's also our 'resort day' and don't want to cut our time short enjoying our 'day off' if we have to start getting ready at 12 for a 2pm show up...

Na, ... I think we can hang out until 2ish get freshened up and dressed and look into getting there by 4:30 and hopefully the mad rush is over. Party doesn't officially start till 7 anyway. But UGH! what if I miss something!? lol

We have similar plans - it is our resort/"off" day as well. Though we decided more on Disney Bounding vs full on costumes just fearing the heat. But still to getting all 5 of us ready to go will take a little bit

PXL_20230720_010743866~3.jpg

CntrlFlPete

these early dates are cheaper than a day ticket. To me, the 4 PM crowd suggest there are a lot of day ticket type guest saving money by going to the party as opposed to a day at the park.

the_rich

these early dates are cheaper than a day ticket. To me, the 4 PM crowd suggest there are a lot of day ticket type guest saving money by going to the party as opposed to a day at the park.
Or maybe they just want to take full advantage of the ticket. I for one am doing HS and then the party.

the_rich

I keep hearing people are being offered discounts on tickets cause they can't fill dates.
Well, they have 14 sold out dates. This is more than last year at this time. Someone is buying these tickets even if they're getting a discount. And I would like to see this discount before I believe it( its definitely possible though) because one of the people who said it just likes to spin everything negative.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I keep hearing people are being offered discounts on tickets cause they can't fill dates.
You *keep hearing*?

There are several people telling you this and they've been telling you this over a period of time?

Seems odd no one here has reported yet they got a discount.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Well, they have 14 sold out dates. This is more than last year at this time. Someone is buying these tickets even if they're getting a discount. And I would like to see this discount before I believe it( it’s definitely possible though) because one of the people who said it just likes to spin everything negative.
They are offering party tickets through Undercover Tourist and through TicketsatWork. Some of them up to $30 off.

the_rich

You *keep hearing*?

There are several people telling you this and they've been telling you this over a period of time?

Seems odd no one here has reported yet they got a discount.
If this is what they are talking about then it is an employee discount site and is nothing new. I could have gotten tickets from here for years. Also, if what they say is true then universal must be in real trouble because they are offering 50% off. Except neither is in trouble based off of this because it's normal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818_100250_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818_100250_Chrome.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20230818_100146_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818_100146_Chrome.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20230818_100206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818_100206_Chrome.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 74

jpeden

In the Parks
No
And this isn't new. I could always get discounted park tickets through my employee discount site.

Eta: they are being alarmist to justify their negative stance on the parks.

This is the first year I remember seeing them on my specific work discount site to be fair. It might just be the first year our specific program has participated.

the_rich

This is the first year I remember seeing them on my specific work discount site to be fair. It might just be the first year our specific program has participated.
That's possible. I know I've seen then before. They have tickets for the parks on both coasts for Disney and Universal on my site. Regular and party.

Ayla

And this isn't new. I could always get discounted park tickets through my employee discount site.

Eta: they are being alarmist to justify their negative stance on the parks.
I received an email directly from Disney, with discounts to upcoming extra ticketed events.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I received an email directly from Disney, with discounts to upcoming extra ticketed events.

Do you have a resort stay coming up that overlaps with those dates? Just curious on how they’re targeting those emails.

Ayla

Do you have a resort stay coming up that overlaps with those dates? Just curious on how they’re targeting those emails.
No. My last visit was in May of 2022. I did however, sign into MDE and look at resort prices for October for a friend a few days before I got the email. So that could have been what triggered it.

RoadiJeff

If Disney is offering discounted tickets for the MNSSHP, they are not being discounted by much. I bought two tickets for 9/24 two days ago thru Undercover Tourist and the total cost, with tax was $302.78.

As far as whether Universal is discounting tickets, I must have missed that boat, too. Earlier this week, I bought two one day 2 park tickets for $432.74, with tax, for use on 9/30. Also, two one time use per ride Express Passes for that day for $355.09, with tax. Total cost for tickets one day at Universal for two of us came to $787.83. That was via a discount thru T-Mobile. I'd hate to pay regular price and yes, it was cheaper than buying them direct off Universal's website.

RoadiJeff

Here's something I hadn't thought about until I saw some of the costume pics just now in this thread. My wife and I are planning on dressing as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, right down to the shoes/slippers (I'll post pics afterwards). :) Since we plan on spending all day at MK, we'll be arriving early that morning. If we show up early that morning all dressed up, will Disney still let us in? They have a no costume dress code but it is somewhat relaxed for the party. However, that doesn't start until later that day.

I'm just wondering if we should pack some regular clothes in a bag and leave it in our car, just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom