News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I bet @Bob wants to hear her answer
sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif

DavidDL

Folks seem to love it, early or not. I've walked this path a few times going to and from Steakhouse 71 and thought the line to get into the party from Paging Mr. Morrow's latest video was nuts.

1.png
2.png

4.png
5.png

I get that it feels too early but if folks are going to keep showing up in droves then why wouldn't Disney accommodate them? If they stop showing interest, then they'll stop selling. I'm happy for WDW's crowd because more dates means more people get more chances to experience it (albeit a bit early for my taste) as opposed to the experience my wife and I had with Oogie Boogie Bash 2023. That is to say, no experience at all after it quickly sold out.

Sure, it's early, but the demand is there and at least folks are able to get tickets to it. It's nice that Guests can (still) simply go to the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party page and buy a ticket right now, without waiting in any sort of crazy queue for hours, and enjoy the event. The extra dates/earlier start likely help this quite a bit and lead to fewer disappointed Guests.

Meanwhile, folks interested in Oogie Boogie Bash are met with, "Sorry this event has sold out" on the event page.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Folks seem to love it, early or not. I've walked this path a few times going to and from Steakhouse 71 and thought the line to get into the party from Paging Mr. Morrow's latest video was nuts.

View attachment 738086 View attachment 738087
View attachment 738089 View attachment 738090

I get that it feels too early but if folks are going to keep showing up in droves then why wouldn't Disney accommodate them? If they stop showing interest, then they'll stop selling. I'm happy for WDW's crowd because more dates means more people get more chances to experience it (albeit a bit early for my taste) as opposed to the experience my wife and I had with Oogie Boogie Bash 2023. That is to say, no experience at all after it quickly sold out.

Sure, it's early, but the demand is there and at least folks are able to get tickets to it. It's nice that Guests can (still) simply go to the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party page and buy a ticket right now, without waiting in any sort of crazy queue for hours, and enjoy the event. The extra dates/earlier start likely help this quite a bit and lead to fewer disappointed Guests.

Meanwhile, folks interested in Oogie Boogie Bash are met with, "Sorry this event has sold out" on the event page.

Dang - do you recall what time those pictures were from? Just wondering how early people are getting there/my family should get there for the 4pm entry

And agree about making it more available to more people who want to go.

If anything I would rather they start early but maybe have fewer parties per week in October. A few of those weeks really penalize people as MK is only open past 6 like 1/2 the time and reduces chance for regular guests to see HEA

DavidDL

Dang - do you recall what time those pictures were from? Just wondering how early people are getting there/my family should get there for the 4pm entry

And agree about making it more available to more people who want to go.

If anything I would rather they start early but maybe have fewer parties per week in October. A few of those weeks really penalize people as MK is only open past 6 like 1/2 the time and reduces chance for regular guests to see HEA

According to the video, this was right about when the mix-in would allow party ticket holders in at the earliest. I imagine that time changes for the various parties. One tip the video had was that if you are an annual passholder, you can just use the annual passholder entrance to bypass this and pick up your wristband inside. Other options to avoid this line would be to show up earlier than the mix-in start time or if you plan on being in Magic Kingdom beforehand, to just stay inside the park until you can pick up your wristband.

TheMaxRebo

According to the video, this was right about when the mix-in would allow party ticket holders in at the earliest. I imagine that time changes for the various parties. One tip the video had was that if you are an annual passholder, you can just use the annual passholder entrance to bypass this and pick up your wristband inside. Other options to avoid this line would be to show up earlier than the mix-in start time or if you plan on being in Magic Kingdom beforehand, to just stay inside the park until you can pick up your wristband.

Thanks - we only have the party tickets that day so can't get in until 4. Just wondering how much earlier than 4 would be good to get there to not be at like the back of the line 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks - we only have the party tickets that day so can't get in until 4. Just wondering how much earlier than 4 would be good to get there to not be at like the back of the line 😂
Or show up at 4:30 and that crowd will be gone.

But between 3:14 and 4:00, that space is claustrophobically packed.

Part of the reason for that is because a section of the tapstiles need to be remained open for general occupancy guests. They can still enter until 6:00p. And part of the space needs to be open for guests leaving. This is something they don't have to worry about when opening in the morning.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Seems like Ralph has been fully removed from the parade, any idea what's up with that? Odd that the Sugar Rush car is still there

RoadiJeff

Wow, after seeing that long line at the 4:00pm party check-in, I'm glad we'll miss all of that since we're arriving at the MK when the park opens in the morning on 9/24. I just hope that the MNSSHP crowds will be as low as what I've been led to believe by the comments on here. I will find out in about 5 weeks.

On a slightly different note, can guests leaving the MK park via monorail still get on the resort only monorail and avoid the usually long line at the other one, even though they are not staying at one of those 3 resorts, or has Disney wised up to that trick and they check hotel room keys before letting you board?

TheMaxRebo

Or show up at 4:30 and that crowd will be gone.

But between 3:14 and 4:00, that space is claustrophobically packed.

Part of the reason for that is because a section of the tapstiles need to be remained open for general occupancy guests. They can still enter until 6:00p. And part of the space needs to be open for guests leaving. This is something they don't have to worry about when opening in the morning.

That is the other option

Guess I was thinking if realistically have to be there at like 2 to avoid a major line I would definitely do 4:30

Guess I will see how our day is going and adapt

Figments Friend

Bob doesn’t Need any help…he needs to move on to his life’s work

And what IS Bob’s life’s work..?

Weather forecasting?
Stock broking…?
Nerf Herder….?
Smuggler of Romulan Ale…?
Destroyer of worlds…I mean, companies….??

No seriously, inquiring mind wants to know.

What ever his life’s work is….he needs to just leave TWDC and get on with it.

-

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
On a slightly different note, can guests leaving the MK park via monorail still get on the resort only monorail and avoid the usually long line at the other one, even though they are not staying at one of those 3 resorts, or has Disney wised up to that trick and they check hotel room keys before letting you board?
Yes you can. No checking of room keys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom