Trip Club Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2013

HouCuseChickie

I have a really silly ? that maybe someone on this thread can answer for me...

Obviously, MNSSHP is the one time when adults can dress up in MK, but since it's only for the party...do you have to wait until 7pm to get into costume? I ask since party guest can usually get into the park around 4pm...so I was assuming you'd have to stay out of costume until right around official party time. We have an ADR outside the park around this time and wouldn't be getting in right at 4 anyways, but if we enter MK around 6pm and the party starts at 7...will DH and I have to wait until 7 to put on our costumes?

Planning on going the 3rd week of Sept. Would you say there would be much difference in crowd level for either the Tues or Fri nite show as I am trying to decide if i should go Tues or Fri but would like to know if anyone knows if the crowl level is any difference these days since it is still early Sept?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We're trying to come up with some good, but not quite so expected, 3 person family of costumes. Luckily DW is a seamstress and can make pretty much any costume we could think of. Current leading ideas:
Mary Poppins, Bert, and one of the kids (DD9 likes this idea, but doesn't like that she wouldn't be a big name character)
Jasmine, Aladdin, and Abu (DD loves the idea of being Abu, DW doesn't fancy being in Jasmine costume all night)
Princess Leia, Han Solo, and an Ewok (but a fur costume in October humidity doesn't bode well)
Any good ideas out there??

JIMINYCR

I have a really silly ? that maybe someone on this thread can answer for me...

Obviously, MNSSHP is the one time when adults can dress up in MK, but since it's only for the party...do you have to wait until 7pm to get into costume? I ask since party guest can usually get into the park around 4pm...so I was assuming you'd have to stay out of costume until right around official party time. We have an ADR outside the park around this time and wouldn't be getting in right at 4 anyways, but if we enter MK around 6pm and the party starts at 7...will DH and I have to wait until 7 to put on our costumes?

I asked the same thing but wasn't able to get an answer other than rent out a locker. Anyone else have a clearer answer about entering earlier in the day in costume? I looked all over for a Jiminy costume but only found ones for infants and small kids. Thought of going as Boy Scout Russell from UP. I have an adult uniform sitting in storage container, have to dig it out and see if it fits.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Last year we went in around 4:30 and put our costumes on right away. We saw other people in theirs too, and we got a lot of laughs and greetings from the CMs, so I guess it was OK.

HouCuseChickie

I asked the same thing but wasn't able to get an answer other than rent out a locker. Anyone else have a clearer answer about entering earlier in the day in costume? I looked all over for a Jiminy costume but only found ones for infants and small kids. Thought of going as Boy Scout Russell from UP. I have an adult uniform sitting in storage container, have to dig it out and see if it fits.

We are doing a 4:30p dinner at 1900PF first and the costumes for me and DH are pretty simple, so...I think we're just going to chance entering (whenever we get there) in full costume. I mean, I figure we'll be arriving some time shortly after 6 and if we're asked to change...DH can remove his mask and cape and I can remove my head piece, gloves and tail.

I've only seen one adult Jiminy costume online...and by adult...I mean suitable for the 'adult industry.' Not exactly MNSSHP material. You might be able to put some stuff together from thrift store goods and some Rit dye...as well as green face/skin paint. Probably easier to do the Russell idea though.

AllyInWonderland

October 17th on a Thursday. It'll be the first time I've been to MNSSHP. I'm very excited! :D

I'm still not sure what I should dress up as. I have some ideas, but I'm not sure what will all fit in my suitcase.

HatboxGhost

October 17th on a Thursday. It'll be the first time I've been to MNSSHP. I'm very excited! :D

I'm still not sure what I should dress up as. I have some ideas, but I'm not sure what will all fit in my suitcase.
You will love it. My wife and I are going again this year. I am 45 and it felt SO WONDERFUL to be a kid again and trick r treat with my wife. The parade was amazing and the themed fireworks were also fantastic.

ToyStoryMiss

I don't know if we can go, because our dinner reservations for the 20th and 24th are kinda late :(
Chefs De France is on the 20th..I actually forgot the time for that..and Sci Fi is at 7:00 on the 24th. :oops:
:( I'll have to re-check our dining reservations for Chefs De France..I hope it's early.. :confused:

coachwnh

I don't know what the rule is, but I have seen people inside the park wearing costumes long before the party officially begins.
Actually saw some very odd costumes on Mardi Gras this past February. they were like that all day!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Just bumping this up to update: Just post when you're going and I'll update it all on the first page later today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom