Trip Club Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2013

HouCuseChickie

Now that ticket sales are on, post here for what day(s) you'll be going. I'll keep it updated as responses come in.

September
10 - HatboxGhost, dave&di
13 - derelicte19, Goofnut1980
17 - nemo14, lunchbox1175, JIMINYCR,CrazyDisneyLady
20 - Runmyhorse&draybook, secondstartotheright, HouCuseChickie
24 - Runmyhorse&Draybook,2kidzmommie
27 - SugarRush

October
4 - ThankstoMOM, Donfan
6 - CtDisneyGuy33,Disvillain63,brifaz, danv3
10 - Yelloweaver, DISNEYCASTAWAY
17 - gboiler1
18 - Disneymom201
20 - sydneymorganmom
22 - Jo DeVil,docdebbi
24 - Tod&BigMamaOdie
29 - Krsta Richline
31 - hnp929@optonlin, FireChiefGoofy

November 1 - Magical.Animal,karl75

We are planning on Sept 20th...and right now, if DD4 has her way...we will be: The BATMAN Family! o_O I guess I shouldn't gripe too much...DH is the one stuck being Robin. :D

Monkee Girl

October 23rd for me! I don't know what to dress as :( My hand made Rapunzel costume from last year (complete with hand made wig)? Or what about 'Disney Princess' Leia? I want to make her ceremony dress and glitz it up Disney princess style as a joke. Sleeping Beauty in her BLUE dress? Or stay away from princess and do something else like Pinocchio? so many options.

Nemo14

Original Poster
October 23rd for me! I don't know what to dress as :( My hand made Rapunzel costume from last year (complete with hand made wig)? Or what about 'Disney Princess' Leia? I want to make her ceremony dress and glitz it up Disney princess style as a joke. Or stay away from princess and do something else like Pinocchio? so many options.

Check that date - there is no party on the 23rd.

Monkee Girl

We are planning on Sept 20th...and right now, if DD4 has her way...we will be: The BATMAN Family! o_O I guess I shouldn't gripe too much...DH is the one stuck being Robin. :D

You know, I feel like I am the only one who actually likes Robin. I am 31 but even at age 8 when I used to watch the 1960's Batman before school I LOVED watching Robin. Loved the costume, loved his personality. It's a shame he's looked on like a black sheep. I actually think the Batman family is a great idea. Do you mean just Batman, Batgirl (who I can't stand) and Robin? or are you adding the villains? One year I went to a costume party and there was Batman, Batgirl, poison Ivy, the Riddler and the Joker. It was awesome!

HouCuseChickie

You know, I feel like I am the only one who actually likes Robin. I am 31 but even at age 8 when I used to watch the 1960's Batman before school I LOVED watching Robin. Loved the costume, loved his personality. It's a shame he's looked on like a black sheep. I actually think the Batman family is a great idea. Do you mean just Batman, Batgirl (who I can't stand) and Robin? or are you adding the villains? One year I went to a costume party and there was Batman, Batgirl, poison Ivy, the Riddler and the Joker. It was awesome!

My 4 year old daughter is going to be Batman, my older one who will be 7 at the time will be Batgirl - the pink variety, I am going to be Catwoman, and DH is going to be Robin. I guess I could offer him the option of going as another villain, but I kind of feel funny if Batman doesn't have Robin. I think for us, we associate the tv series with Adam West where Robin always seemed a tad goofy. Still, DH could make a decent Riddler...or maybe even Penguin...although that could be kind of hot for Sept.

luv

My 4 year old daughter is going to be Batman, my older one who will be 7 at the time will be Batgirl - the pink variety, I am going to be Catwoman, and DH is going to be Robin. I guess I could offer him the option of going as another villain, but I kind of feel funny if Batman doesn't have Robin. I think for us, we associate the tv series with Adam West where Robin always seemed a tad goofy. Still, DH could make a decent Riddler...or maybe even Penguin...although that could be kind of hot for Sept.
September is usually about the same as August! We don't have the big difference between those two months like the northern states. The humidity doesn't break until some point in October.

I would not plan on cool evenings. I suppose you could luck out...but it is doubtful. Hot and humid is much more likely.

Just bat-FYI for you bat people. :)

Monkee Girl

He was the Boy Wonder, after all. He was a genius. I think he solved like 95% of the Riddlers Riddles on that show, lol

anyway, what about making him Night Wing? It's a grown up Dick Grayson. He wears all black so ge would technically still be Robin but a "Cool" Robin. Even though I think his Red, yellow, green outfit is awesome :cool: I know, I'm a geek.

HouCuseChickie

September is usually about the same as August! We don't have the big difference between those two months like the northern states. The humidity doesn't break until some point in October.

I would not plan on cool evenings. I suppose you could luck out...but it is doubtful. Hot and humid is much more likely.

Just bat-FYI for you bat people. :)

Yeah- that's about how it is here and how it was when I lived in FL. It's usually closer to Halloween when summer starts to release its grip. I guess at least we also live in an insanely hot and humid place...so, it's just like home...but with a castle and large geodesic sphere. ;)

HouCuseChickie

He was the Boy Wonder, after all. He was a genius. I think he solved like 95% of the Riddlers Riddles on that show, lol

anyway, what about making him Night Wing? It's a grown up Dick Grayson. He wears all black so ge would technically still be Robin but a "Cool" Robin. Even though I think his Red, yellow, green outfit is awesome :cool: I know, I'm a geek.

Quite true...and DH does enjoy being right! ;) It seems kind of fitting! That is a good idea as well, but I'll probably revisit the topic with him in August or July and see how he's feeling with his costume choice. He's not as in to dressing up as the rest of us...so I might have to keep this to something done with a tshirt/mask...which would be good for Robin.

Monkee Girl

Quite true...and DH does enjoy being right! ;) It seems kind of fitting! That is a good idea as well, but I'll probably revisit the topic with him in August or July and see how he's feeling with his costume choice. He's not as in to dressing up as the rest of us...so I might have to keep this to something done with a tshirt/mask...which would be good for Robin.
Well, what about the Avengers? After all, DC isn't Disney ;) He could be Hawkeye...which is like...black clothes and a bow and arrow...

Hawkeye

802650-1_zps106f5e7d.jpg

Movie Robin

images_zps8a03311d.jpg

It's basically the Night Wing design, only Robin as the red chest mark and Night wing has blue. I don't think they make a Night wing costume yet. But this would still be better for a guy who doesn't want to dress too bright.

Anyway, good luck! I am so excited to see what everyone is dressed as at this party, :D

HouCuseChickie

Well, what about the Avengers? After all, DC isn't Disney ;) He could be Hawkeye...which is like...black clothes and a bow and arrow...

Hawkeye

802650-1_zps106f5e7d.jpg

Movie Robin

images_zps8a03311d.jpg

It's basically the Night Wing design, only Robin as the red chest mark and Night wing has blue. I don't think they make a Night wing costume yet. But this would still be better for a guy who doesn't want to dress too bright.

Anyway, good luck! I am so excited to see what everyone is dressed as at this party, :D

Avengers could be fun, but DD4 currently has her heart set on Batman and I promised after everything with Halloween costumes last year. Last year, we went to WDW shortly after Halloween and DD4's bday. I didn't want to have to buy a ton of costumes and I wanted the girls to do BBB, so I insisted she pick a princess costume for Halloween. She really wanted to be Captain America or the Hulk at the time, but she played along...so now I'm honoring her wishes...which are presently Batman. :D Too bad this wasn't last year b/c Avengers totally would have worked.

Seriously...the kiddo in my avatar with the princess dress and purple spiked hair really just wanted to be one of these...
310665670065_1.jpg
360457906810_3.jpg

And the more traditional princess type, she adores Ironman. Still, I think they've moved on to the whole Bat-clan:D

As for DH...I'll be happy if I could just get him in something like this...
801538.jpg

Monkee Girl

Avengers could be fun, but DD4 currently has her heart set on Batman and I promised after everything with Halloween costumes last year. Last year, we went to WDW shortly after Halloween and DD4's bday. I didn't want to have to buy a ton of costumes and I wanted the girls to do BBB, so I insisted she pick a princess costume for Halloween. She really wanted to be Captain America or the Hulk at the time, but she played along...so now I'm honoring her wishes...which are presently Batman. :D Too bad this wasn't last year b/c Avengers totally would have worked.

Seriously...the kiddo in my avatar with the princess dress and purple spiked hair really just wanted to be one of these...
310665670065_1.jpg
360457906810_3.jpg

And the more traditional princess type, she adores Ironman. Still, I think they've moved on to the whole Bat-clan:D

As for DH...I'll be happy if I could just get him in something like this...
801538.jpg

Ha, that would work, they have tons of those hero shirts and they look decent and I am sure are comfortable. Well, good for you going for the daughter's wishes. Batman will be fun if that's what you end up doing.

It is really hard to choose costumes. You want something fun and yet different without being too obscure or overdone. And something the whole family can agree on if it's a group. I'll change my costume ideas about 10 times before I make a choice.

agorna

Now that ticket sales are on, post here for what day(s) you'll be going. I'll keep it updated as responses come in.

September
10 - HatboxGhost, dave&di
13 - derelicte19, Goofnut1980
17 - nemo14, lunchbox1175, JIMINYCR,CrazyDisneyLady,bsmartin2000
20 - Runmyhorse&draybook, secondstartotheright,HouCuseChickie
24 - Runmyhorse&Draybook,2kidzmommie, Monkee Girl
27 - SugarRush

October
4 - ThankstoMOM, Donfan
6 - CtDisneyGuy33,Disvillain63,brifaz, danv3
10 - Yelloweaver, DISNEYCASTAWAY,itsbetsyh
17 - gboiler1,jboccuzzi
18 - Disneymom201
20 - sydneymorganmom, RandomPrincess
22 - Jo DeVil,docdebbi
24 - Tod&BigMamaOdie
29 - Krsta Richline,MIKETFROMRI
31 - hnp929@optonlin, FireChiefGoofy

November 1 - Magical.Animal,karl75
me!!! our tickets just came in for October 14 :) can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom