• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

You do realize that you are spitting a stream of bull now? Disney fans have nothing but praise for Spiderman and Forbidden Journey (which happen to also be Throwbridge’s attractions ;)). We only profit from the competition between Disney and Universal. And we can partly thank Universal for waking Imagineering up and creating Pandora and Galaxy’s Edge.

But calling TRON a low end coaster? The coaster is a complete redesign from the original Booster bike iteration. New track, new brakes, complete unique trains, a really strong launch... and you call that ‘low end’. Is Taron low end as well then?

Good thoughts. The partisanship for fans towards one of the 2 brands of parks reminds me of being in high school and arguing about cars with other kids my age -allegiance to Ford or GM, or domestic vs european or asian car brands. Fast forward 25 years and the performance cars now are all amazing thanks to all the competition forcing everyone to step up their offerings. We all won. And speaking only for myself I can appreciate all types of performance cars, even if I have my favorites without hating on the others.

Long story short, can't we be fans of BOTH Disney and Universal here? Having not been to US since 1990 and been only to Disney for a single day (10 years ago) since 1990, I cannot comment on these modern rides other than what I've seen on youtube...however Tron looks AMAZING and I cannot wait til it comes to MK. I am going back to Disney in Nov 2020 with kids. I won't experience Tron but will hopefully see Mickey, Star Wars Land and Ratatouille. We are also absolutely packing in a day with hopper to the 2 US parks, as I fondly remember even back in 1990 really enjoying the US park. But with 3 kids aged 4-8 by then, Disney will be our focus, with US getting 1 full day, Disney at least 4 or 5.

embracejg

Advertisement
You do realize that you are spitting a stream of bull now? Disney fans have nothing but praise for Spiderman and Forbidden Journey (which happen to also be Throwbridge’s attractions ;)). We only profit from the competition between Disney and Universal. And we can partly thank Universal for waking Imagineering up and creating Pandora and Galaxy’s Edge.
"Nothing but praise" is going too far. Those two often get thrown into the "too many screens" argument. Spider-Man even more so because it doesn't have the animatronics that Forbidden Journey offers.

If anything, the praise heaped on those two attractions destroys the argument that Universal's problem is simply "too many screens." The issue is screens being used lazily, like Fast & Furious, Fallon and Kong.

And yes, Universal deserves credit for stepping up its game and pushing Imagineering. The problem is Disney fans generally don't phrase it that way. It's more like backhanded compliments like "Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are great, but that's all that's great at Universal."

Or framing Galaxy's Edge as some sort of Universal killer, rather than hoping to see how Galaxy's Edge will push Universal to up its game and not rest its laurels on the Wizarding World.

That's a big part of this debate: I recognize and appreciate that the competition between Disney and Universal is great for everyone. Too many Disney fans see Universal as the enemy that needs to destroyed. All hail the Almighty Mouse.

Hawg G

Nobody said Mummy wasn't E. It's a very good ride. Very dated, but very good. It isn't as good as Everest but I would agree it is better than many Disney coasters. Sometimes I do forget about this ride though.
Well, it was said USF had no E tickets. Mummy is there. As is Transformers, which is above and beyond any similar Disney ride. Plus MIB, and Gringotts. If none of those are E ticket, none of the announced Disney rides, including MMRR, is E either

BlakeW39

Well, it was said USF had no E tickets. Mummy is there. As is Transformers, which is above and beyond any similar Disney ride. Plus MIB, and Gringotts. If none of those are E ticket, none of the announced Disney rides, including MMRR, is E either
Idk what you're talking about regarding USF having so Es, I didn't see anyone say that and I didn't, I did question the quality of their Es at pne point though. Mummy is the exception. Transformers is not good, it's just a bad clone of Spider-Man (a muchh better ride). MIB is good but not great in my opinion, though I could see why someone would call is that. Gringotts is not great and only debatably good. I like Gringotts more than some and even I think it's kind of lame considering how good it could be.

embracejg

Idk what you're talking about regarding USF having so Es, I didn't see anyone say that and I didn't, I did question the quality of their Es at pne point though. Mummy is the exception. Transformers is not good, it's just a bad clone of Spider-Man (a muchh better ride). MIB is good but not great in my opinion, though I could see why someone would call is that. Gringotts is not great and only debatably good. I like Gringotts more than some and even I think it's kind of lame considering how good it could be.
Unpopular opinion, Universal Studios is a STAIN on Orlando theme parks in comparison to even DHS. It has no theme, just a cluster of mess, it has awful D ticket and C ticket attractions (yes they are admitted to be D and C, but they are still bad ones), and not one great E. Not one.
You did in fact say USF has "not one great E." You're now admitting Mummy is an exception, so you're contradicting yourself.

The rest is just your opinion that you don't even back up with an argument.

You can criticize Transformers for having the same ride system as Spider-Man. You can't call it a clone unless you're also attach that insult to any two Disney rides that use the same ride technology.

My guess is it's viewed differently because of how physically close Universal's parks are, making it much more likely guests will ride both in the same day. Or just because Disney fans hold Universal to a different standard.

BlakeW39

You did in fact say USF has "not one great E." You're now admitting Mummy is an exception, so you're contradicting yourself.

The rest is just your opinion that you don't even back up with an argument.

You can criticize Transformers for having the same ride system as Spider-Man. You can't call it a clone unless you're also attach that insult to any two Disney rides that use the same ride technology.

My guess is it's viewed differently because of how physically close Universal's parks are, making it much more likely guests will ride both in the same day. Or just because Disney fans hold Universal to a different standard.
I'm not contradicting myself lol I'm admitting that I was wrong concerning that particular comment. As far as Transformers, I'm calling it a clone not just due to the ride system but also because it's a similar story/concept too. And I'm extra hard on it because it's not even good whereas Spider-Man is so good, my favorite of all UNI and in my top 5 Orlando, easily. Also because I'm a Spider-Man fan.

Either way I clearly ended my argument and proceded that comment with acknowledging that it was now more subjective, and I was sharing that I did not think USF was good, and I still believe it's the worst theme park in Orlando.

rle4lunch

So... when's the new open date? We're on our last day at the parks until January, so we'd like it to be open by Jan 2020.

GlacierGlacier

So... when's the new open date? We're on our last day at the parks until January, so we'd like it to be open by Jan 2020.
It doesn't look like it'll be done by then. Mid to late spring seems to be the running guess (on this forum), and even then, it may stretch into early summer (my bet).

Hawg G

Good thoughts. The partisanship for fans towards one of the 2 brands of parks reminds me of being in high school and arguing about cars with other kids my age -allegiance to Ford or GM, or domestic vs european or asian car brands. Fast forward 25 years and the performance cars now are all amazing thanks to all the competition forcing everyone to step up their offerings. We all won. And speaking only for myself I can appreciate all types of performance cars, even if I have my favorites without hating on the others.

Long story short, can't we be fans of BOTH Disney and Universal here? Having not been to US since 1990 and been only to Disney for a single day (10 years ago) since 1990, I cannot comment on these modern rides other than what I've seen on youtube...however Tron looks AMAZING and I cannot wait til it comes to MK. I am going back to Disney in Nov 2020 with kids. I won't experience Tron but will hopefully see Mickey, Star Wars Land and Ratatouille. We are also absolutely packing in a day with hopper to the 2 US parks, as I fondly remember even back in 1990 really enjoying the US park. But with 3 kids aged 4-8 by then, Disney will be our focus, with US getting 1 full day, Disney at least 4 or 5.
I always visit both resorts. I just find I can no longer trust either Disney, or its fan base on what is "awesome", and what is simply filler. FoP didn't come close to impressing me to the level I read. And I see TRON as a basic coaster with a lot of flashing lights added.

Now we have pretty unimpressive reviews coming out for SR, which really concerns me for RotR and so called insiders were wrong on a LOT of things for SR, or Disney dumbed it down, asI figured, so who knows what MMRR will be. The delay should be a good thing, but we'll see.

Top Bottom