Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

mickEblu

Of course they are attractions. But the true E tickets are E ticket rides AND queues. Haunted Mansion a C/D ticket ride only (Mr. Toad level)? That's preposterous.

Disney is more and more making massive themed queues, and then having simply serviceable rides. So many FoP reviews mention the AA in the queue. One that FP riders dont even see, and one that essentially does nothing. And Hondo. Disney gets that pass. Yet I read hardly any Kong reviews that rave how awesome the witch AA is. Universal is judged only on the rides.

It seems SR pushes this all to the limit where the queue is the biggest portion of the attraction, and the ride is a short video game with lights distracting you, and the experience heavily hinges on only 1 or two of your group of 6.

In hoping RotR is an E ticket ride and queue.

And I think they knew they could get away with it because people will still be buzzing off of everything they saw on their way to the cockpit. I wonder how much staying power the ride experience on its own will have when the awe of the other details wears off. I guess they re thinking that the interactivity of it is what will give the ride experience it’s staying power.

I think I liked E tickets more when the ride was better than the Queue. ie POTC, HM, Splash

Marc Davis Fan

I guess they were thinking that the interactivity of it is what will give the ride experience its staying power.

Yeah, I've been predicting that they were banking on an overestimation of how impressive the "real-time rendering of the visuals" would be to the average rider. It's a technical feat that requires a monumental amount of processing power to render such high-quality images in "real time" so that riders can actually effect what they're seeing and have it look high-quality. So, if you're a computer software engineer or video game fan, you might be blown away by that. But if you're not, it might not seem that special. But I'll reserve my own judgment until I ride!

The Pho

Universal is judged only on the rides.
Ya that’s definitely not true. I’ve seen plenty of talk about Universal having great queues, whether for Mummy, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, etc. Queues and the rides themselves are both very important parts of the experience of an attraction. In fact I’d say Universal may actually get more praise for its queues than Disney, who really only gets praised for Flight of Passage (at least at World)

For Kong, there was a witch animatronic in the line? I certainly didn’t see it when I rode, but that queue had great ambiance.

mickEblu

Yeah, I've been predicting that they were banking on an overestimation of how impressive the "real-time rendering of the visuals" would be to the average rider. It's a technical feat that requires a monumental amount of processing power to render such high-quality images in "real time" so that riders can actually effect what they're seeing and have it look high-quality. So, if you're a computer software engineer or video game fan, you might be blown away by that. But if you're not, it might not seem that special. But I'll reserve my own judgment until I ride!

Yeah personally I’d rather have something be less or non interactive and look like it’s “real.”

No Name

E Tickets are objectively the biggest and best they’ve got to offer despite personal opinions. I don’t know why this argument always pops back up.

Because you still inject your personal opinion. The majority opinion is that TSMM is the best ride in the park, yet if I recall correctly, you wouldn’t say it’s an E-ticket. Is the general public wrong and you are objectively correct?

Hawg G

Ya that’s definitely not true. I’ve seen plenty of talk about Universal having great queues, whether for Mummy, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, etc. Queues and the rides themselves are both very important parts of the experience of an attraction. In fact I’d say Universal may actually get more praise for its queues than Disney, who really only gets praised for Flight of Passage (at least at World)

For Kong, there was a witch animatronic in the line? I certainly didn’t see it when I rode, but that queue had great ambiance.

The rides you mention are all E on their own.
Because you still inject your personal opinion. The majority opinion is that TSMM is the best ride in the park, yet if I recall correctly, you wouldn’t say it’s an E-ticket. Is the general public wrong and you are objectively correct?

Well, it's a Wii game with simple ride vehicles and shooters, so....

Mike S

Just because it’s popular doesn’t make it an E Ticket. Funny you cut out the part of my post that dealt with that to make yourself look more correct. Also you must take into account TSMM’s low capacity for how long lines get.

No Name

Just because it’s popular doesn’t make it an E Ticket. Funny you cut out the part of my post that dealt with that to make yourself look more correct. Also you must take into account TSMM’s low capacity for how long lines get.

TSMM has the highest GSAT scores of any ride at DHS so I don’t need to use line length as an indicator of popularity. Slinky is quite popular and it pains me to likewise call it a high D-ticket, so I don’t see your point there. You may disagree but that’s what makes it subjective.

Hawg G

TSMM has the highest GSAT scores of any ride at DHS so I don’t need to use line length as an indicator of popularity. Slinky is quite popular and it pains me to likewise call it a high D-ticket, so I don’t see your point there. You may disagree but that’s what makes it subjective.

Peter Pan is quite popular too. Is it then not a C ticket?

Rich Brownn

Yes, in the big room there is the animatronic. You only glimpse it if you're in the express lane.

truecoat

True but if there were still ticket books, it would make popular rides E tickets. SDMT would probably still cost an E ticket.

Tonto

True but if there were still ticket books, it would make popular rides E tickets. SDMT would probably still cost an E ticket.
I think that Seven Dwarfs because of how well themed it is, is in fact an E-ticket. It’s essentially thunder mountain for kiddies but with great theming. It’s an E ticket all the way IMO.

Mike S

There aren’t though so the definition isn’t the same.
I think that Seven Dwarfs because of how well themed it is, is in fact an E-ticket. It’s essentially thunder mountain for kiddies but with great theming. It’s an E ticket all the way IMO.
One good scene and less coaster. It is not on the level of Thunder Mountain. Solid D.

WDW Guru

the ride is a short video game with lights distracting you

Sorry, but no. If that's all you see the attraction as, then you really are missing the point. This ride is a creation of what one of the most iconic vehicles in film, the Millennium Falcon, would be like if you were the pilot, engineer or gunner. If you see it as anything else, you are missing the point in visiting a theme park like Disney or Universal and might as well go to Six Flags. The ride system doesn't have to be the most complicated or groundbreaking system to be an excellent ride / experience and rides like Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, and Splash Mountain prove it.

Tonto

There aren’t though so the definition isn’t the same.

One good scene and less coaster. It is not on the level of Thunder Mountain. Solid D.
So that’s your and to be honest the opinion of a lot of people on the board, but my opinion is it’s a more family friendly version of big thunder with an actual lengthy show scene. For me its an E. The execution of the aesthetics on the ride for me are better than Thunder Mountain. It’s a beautiful ride and beautiful mountain, albeit small one. That whole area is gorgeous.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom