Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

BlakeW39

So far I have heard that the queue is an E, the chess room is an E, the hum of the engines is an E, the thrill of being "in" the Falcon is an E, but the actual ride.....

See and that's what I've heard. Which a big shame because I value any good ride/land/etc. but I am not a Star Wars fan at all, so just being in the falcon will do only as much as being in any spaceship will do for me. If the ride is low quality I'll be terribly disappointed, way more for DHS than DL which shouldn't even have it.

I hope @marni1971 is right in saying these people don't know what they're talking about... though he said it was an E..not a good one.

:/

solidyne

See and that's what I've heard. Which a big shame because I value any good ride/land/etc. but I am not a Star Wars fan at all, so just being in the falcon will do only as much as being in any spaceship will do for me. If the ride is low quality I'll be terribly disappointed, way more for DHS than DL which shouldn't even have it.

I hope @marni1971 is right in saying these people don't know what they're talking about... though he said it was an E..not a good one.

:/
True. This could be an E. A really, really disappointing letdown of an E.

BlakeW39

True. This could be an E. A really, really disappointing letdown of an E.

I believe it's an E 100%. Marni said so lol. But whether or not it is good... that's up for debate. I haven't ridden it, but I haven't heard good things... :( so sad since recent many Es have been really good. Although there really aren't many lol.

mickEblu

I look at it as 2 D tickets. The dark ride portion can't possibly be considered as an E ticket. It is half the length of NRJ, a ride Disney wouldn't even say is an E. The AAs have very little motion. Some are on platforms that spin and move, but they at most have 1 or 2 points of mouth motion, then projected eyes, and some projected mouths. It's a neat section, but not an E ticket.

Then you line up for the second section. The outside race. Completely different ride experience. Is it an E on it's own? No way.

Combined, with the massive money on the rock work, it's an E in total. But that is the crazy part. Take the ride, but have the race section in a desert setting, and it wouldn't be an E ticket. I like rides that are E worthy due to ride action, not 50 million dollars worth of fake rocks.

If the MK spent 100 million to totally amp up the theming around the existing Speedway, no ride changes, would it become an E ticket? Mostly static theming, and a few light up, simple AAs?

Many Disney "E" tickets are becoming that. GotG looks like a true E, but Tron is a low end, unpopular, coaster system with a very simple layout. Put half of it in a neon filled building that uses absolutely NO visuals from TRON other than the ride vehicles, and suddenly it's an E ticket. It would be like the Hagrid coaster not having ANY of the AAs, and a non canon Hut to ride through.

Again, that's all Disney has to do. They dont have to add Recognizers, Bit, and the MPU. And no need for a Tron AA anywhere. They can just do the minimum, and know FP÷s will be impossible to get for years.

I’ve said many times on the DL forum that I think RSR the experience is less than the sum of all its parts which I this is what you are trying to say here.The rock work is great, the dark ride portion is good and the racing portion is Ok but short and not quite thrilling enough. They put a lot into this attraction but there seems to be some glue that’s missing. The missing glue I think is cohesiveness and that they are just trying to do too much in too little time. From the outdoor section to the dark ride portion to the race it’s almost as if I see the storyboard as opposed to being immersed into the world/ story. With that said I applaud the effort and still think you have to classify the attraction as an E even if just for the sheer scale alone.

Last edited:

mickEblu

IMO just because an attraction can be classified as an E doesn’t mean the ride experience will be at an E level. You don’t hear people that ride POTC or Indy say “when you consider all things (as in the queue, the Huge Falcon parked out front, the pre show) its an E.” That tells me the ride experience is lacking. With that said I was already worried about the ride experience when they announced the 38 inch height requirement and saw that it looked like a video game.

TJJohn12

IMO just because an attraction can be classified as an E doesn’t mean the ride experience will be at an E level. You don’t hear people that ride POTC or Indy say “when you consider all things (as in the queue, the Huge Falcon parked out front, the pre show) its an E.” That tells me the ride experience is lacking. With that said I was already worried about the ride experience when they announced the 38 inch height requirement and saw that it looked like a video game.

There are no announced height restrictions for this ride, and there are unlikely to be any as no other implementation of the ride system require height restrictions - Rat and MM being the best data analogues. RotR will have staggering 40-inch minimum, reportedly because of the “drop.” This one has no drop - it’s a completely flat layout just like the attraction it’s replacing.

As far as looking “like a video game,” I’m unclear? I think the test leaks we’ve gotten so far (at d23) look exactly like the animated shorts.

EDIT: Yes, I am being intentionally obtuse. Check the thread title.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

In a strange turn of events...everyone’s favorite news site is reporting MMRR will open in February... @marni1971 what say you? I’m going on January 16th so I’m really hoping for a soft opening if this is true. Would suck to miss it by a few days/weeks...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In a strange turn of events...everyone’s favorite news site is reporting MMRR will open in February... @marni1971 what say you? I’m going on January 16th so I’m really hoping for a soft opening if this is true. Would suck to miss it by a few days/weeks...
I’ve heard nothing new. To be honest I was surprised when it slipped into next year.

Epcot_Imagineer

Hm.. why have people been saying it's bad then?
Interesting... I have only heard wonderful things about MMRR on these boards, like overwhelmingly good things from a typically negative user-base.

everyone’s favorite news site is reporting MMRR will open in February
I’ve heard nothing new. To be honest I was surprised when it slipped into next year.
Interesting. I will be moving full steam ahead with April opening but will be cautiously optimistic about Feb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom