Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

Touchdown

I’ve always been able to book FPs with a Party ticket. Was able to do it last year when I only went to the party booked 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 slots. FP closes at 6:00 pm.

JustInTime

Also, how is it people now get Fastpass at MNSSHP? They are scanning people who get to bypass the lines this year. Pardon my French, but at a special ticket event, that’s some bullschnitzel.

As is the people who just used a Fastpass at 8:15 during EMH at Epcot.
I’ve only been able to get them until 6:00. After that they shut off. So I always walk in with 3 in hand.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They were not handicapped, it wasn’t media night, it was after 7 pm at Space Mountain (in the dark) and later Splash and Mansion (with spooky actors). There were special CMs with iPads to verify their special status.
That sounds like handicapped guests. As has been debated multiple times you can’t tell if someone is handicapped just by looking at them, oh and some despicable people pretend to be to get access, the iPads are to first book them for their return time.

Rider Swap for groups with young children? No more paper tickets anymore so they use the iPads for that now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That sounds like handicapped guests. As has been debated multiple times you can’t tell if someone is handicapped just by looking at them, oh and some despicable people pretend to be to get access, the iPads are to first book them for their return time.
Don't Golden Oak residents get unlimited, anytime FP+s?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Rider Swap for groups with young children? No more paper tickets anymore so they use the iPads for that now.
They weren’t swapping. Whole group was entering.

I’ve never seen it at a previous party and it was a lot of people. I’m talking a group every 30 seconds getting in the Space Mountain queue.

That would be an exceptional number of DAS. And it was right at 7 pm. People had DAS times already at the start of the Party?

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

I’ve never seen it at a previous party and it was a lot of people. I’m talking a group every 30 seconds getting in the Space Mountain queue.
Wow that sucks. We know the system still works till 7PM, but I don't know if that means you can get a FP+ window starting at say 6:55PM?

The second they startup FP's for the party nights it's over for me. (I mean it this time)

When I go in September if I see it I'll ask.

peter11435

Also, how is it people now get Fastpass at MNSSHP? They are scanning people who get to bypass the lines this year. Pardon my French, but at a special ticket event, that’s some bullschnitzel.

As is the people who just used a Fastpass at 8:15 during EMH at Epcot.
How do you know it was not DAS?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

That would be an exceptional number of DAS. And it was right at 7 pm. People had DAS times already at the start of the Party?

Did you notice if this phenomenon happened at later times? I've seen this before and wondered if it was a last second use of the 15 minute wiggle room they give you if you're late. It is also possible to get multiple use anytime fastpasses/any park (go to the DVC preview center, complain about something, etc.), but I would also assume this isn't too many people. I also don't know if their database management program does a good job of keeping track of when theme parks officially close, etc.

But, the times I've noticed this happening it always seemed to be pretty early in the party/evening EMH time window so I wondered if it was people just showing up a bit late and the CMs letting them go. Then, if its just the occasional straggler later in the night one would assume DAS.

ImperfectPixie

Could it have been a VIP group? I was once told that certain Disney folks are able to set people up with a "chaperone" of sorts who brings them through the parks, gets them through the FP lines, etc. etc. I'm not talking a paid-for tour here...

DomVF07

They were not handicapped, it wasn’t media night, it was after 7 pm at Space Mountain (in the dark) and later Splash and Mansion (with spooky actors). There were special CMs with iPads to verify their special status.
Thank you @MansionButler84 i thought I was crazy when I saw them too. Specifically at space. Was like what!? Safe to say this is the new norm? Either way was super annoyed as well....

Last edited by a moderator:

DomVF07

Too many for that. It looked like something paid for to me.
Agreed. It was happening the whole time we were in line about 7:15/30ish. I too thought at first the CM with tablet was their “host” but it was constant and more than the 1 group. Are the special dessert parties including this as a perk now like Cruellas maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom