Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

mhaftman7

We went to the party this after having a ball with it last year. Not surprising, but it definitely appeared that not only did they add days, but number of tickets available per party. We went the exact same week that we did last year. Last year, everything was a 5-10 minute wait with exception of 7DMT. That was 25-30 minutes. So everything was ridiculously reasonable. This year? Everything was 25+ minutes and the place was so packed to see ANYTHING. The crowd was 6 rows deep 30 minutes before the parade and you couldn’t go around. We were one of the first groups into the little viewing area by TCP for the fireworks show and OF COURSE the person that came in last, not only INSISTED on sitting in the walkway despite being instructed multiple times by Cast Members that was not an area where she could sit, as soon as the fireworks started, she stood up, obstructing everyone’s view and whipped out her phone so she could watch the show through her phone. I hate people that are so selfish they just do whatever they want despite how it effects everyone around them. I got road rage sitting down 😔

peter11435

We went to the party this after having a ball with it last year. Not surprising, but it definitely appeared that not only did they add days, but number of tickets available per party. We went the exact same week that we did last year. Last year, everything was a 5-10 minute wait with exception of 7DMT. That was 25-30 minutes. So everything was ridiculously reasonable. This year? Everything was 25+ minutes and the place was so packed to see ANYTHING. The crowd was 6 rows deep 30 minutes before the parade and you couldn’t go around. We were one of the first groups into the little viewing area by TCP for the fireworks show and OF COURSE the person that came in last, not only INSISTED on sitting in the walkway despite being instructed multiple times by Cast Members that was not an area where she could sit, as soon as the fireworks started, she stood up, obstructing everyone’s view and whipped out her phone so she could watch the show through her phone. I hate people that are so selfish they just do whatever they want despite how it effects everyone around them. I got road rage sitting down 😔
The attendance cap for the party was not increased this year. You likely were just there for a busier night than last year.

Last edited:

DGracey

The attendance cap for the party was not increased this year. You likely were just there for a busier night than last year.

Actually, it was. By several percentage points. Plus the new Party Pass.

And crowd flow is changing. The Party Pass is causing those attending frequently to visit just for rides (instead of focussed on entertainment like one day event guests), increasing all attraction wait times.

peter11435

Actually, it was. By several percentage points. Plus the new Party Pass.

And crowd flow is changing. The Party Pass is causing those attending frequently to visit just for rides (instead of focussed on entertainment like one day event guests), increasing all attraction wait times.
Incorrect. Party pass certainly adds a new dynamic. But the total number of tickets they will sell for a party was not increased from last year. In fact it’s a bit lower than what they sold for a few parties last year. That said it is significantly higher than the cap was set in 2017.

DGracey

Incorrect. Party pass certainly adds a new dynamic. But the total number of tickets they will sell for a party was not increased from last year. In fact it’s a bit lower than what they sold for a few parties last year. That said it is significantly higher than the cap was set in 2017.

Allowing guests to now attend every party is not “a new dynamic” - it is a new revenue stream and higher attendance. Party Pass adds more guests more often. People couldn’t go to every party last year.

And event night caps increased 7%.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I'm super curious to see how the crowd compares for us this year to last. We were there last fall for the Wine & Dine runDisney event and managed to squeeze in the MNSSHP on actual Halloween. Everyone said it would be terribly crowded but we didn't find that to be the case at all (granted, we didn't intend to meet any characters). This year we're doing the party on Sept. 29th and initially assumed it'd be similar or less busy but now I'm not so sure! I'm sure we'll have a good time regardless but I'm definitely very curious to see the crowd level.

peter11435

Allowing guests to now attend every party is not “a new dynamic” - it is a new revenue stream and higher attendance. Party Pass adds more guests more often. People couldn’t go to every party last year.

And event night caps increased 7%.
In relationship to overall party attendance the party pass adds a new dynamic to how many guests can attend.

The event night specific cap was not increased. It remains where it was increased to last year. Which is slightly lower than a higher number they tested for some parties last year.

draybook

We went on the 10th, 15th and 17th. The only thing that seemed crowded to us was the parades. Even the 11:15 second showings were filled up. We've never seen that before. And now that they serve those little ice cream cakes, the cart they store them in takes up "our spot", so we had to find new ones. The candy lines were long on the 10th but the rides were consistantly 5-10 minutes except 7DMT. Even the other mountains and PP were always under 20.

And yeah, the new Pixar additions to the parade were a waste. Totally out of place. We didn't really pay attention to the fireworks.

Touchdown

Ever since the dynamic pricing structure was kicked up to 11 a few years ago I’ve noticed that people have complained about early (cheap) parties being too crowded and later ones not being so. It’s happened at HHN too, Saturday is not always the most crowded night, I’ve never felt the parties are too crowded yet, but I’ve also never been to a sold out party in Florida.

draybook

Good, you didn't miss anything. They failed big time with NSS.

Yeah, my wife said that by what she could hear of the audio, it didn't seem important to her to watch them. That says a lot, as she LOVES the Halloween parties and it's her favorite holiday.

MotherOfBirds

Are there days of the week that tend to be more crowded than others? I'm going on Sunday and I was hoping that a work/school night would be a safer bet

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Ever since the dynamic pricing structure was kicked up to 11 a few years ago I’ve noticed that people have complained about early (cheap) parties being too crowded and later ones not being so. It’s happened at HHN too, Saturday is not always the most crowded night, I’ve never felt the parties are too crowded yet, but I’ve also never been to a sold out party in Florida.
I went to the 2nd and 3rd parties. Neither were what I’d call “crowded”. Attraction waits were quite reasonable. Weather was the best you could ask for in August (no rain).

dreamfinder912

Surprisingly, I found the inclusion of the perimeters throughout the show to be the best part.

they were a nice touch, but they didn't go the full well have way around like they had both in hallowishes and holiday wishes. they always had such a WOW that the current ones just don't add for me. they made the show a little more interesting but the finale very meh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom