News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I recall hearing of some problems partygoers had getting through airport security screening at MCO with their hauls of Halloween Party candy last year.
The impression I was getting at the time was the airport had stepped up it's screening procedures and if you were bringing any amount of candy goodness with you in your carry on items you were subject to a longer processing.

I would enjoy hearing more about this, as I always do carry on and prefer not to do checked bags.
I'm planning to attend one of the HalloParties while in town within a couple of weeks and I am curious about others experiences.

-

That was true. My family was there for Halloween last year (didn't do a party, though), and still brought back a few pounds of candy each. It took them an aggravatingly long amount of time to get thru TSA at MCO because they had to dump it all out, try to get it laying in one layer, then TSA had to scan it all... Not a problem with Disney, just another fantastic "idea" of TSA. I believe it's all food items that this needed to happen with, not just candy, but if anyone knows more feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect on that.

Figments Friend

That was true. My family was there for Halloween last year (didn't do a party, though), and still brought back a few pounds of candy each. It took them an aggravatingly long amount of time to get thru TSA at MCO because they had to dump it all out, try to get it laying in one layer, then TSA had to scan it all... Not a problem with Disney, just another fantastic "idea" of TSA. I believe it's all food items that this needed to happen with, not just candy, but if anyone knows more feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect on that.

Thank you for responding.
:)

Knowing this in advance, this will help me better prepare for my departure plan.

-

Biff215

Yes, they’re asking that any food items be taken out of carryons at security as of last week. I left some small boxes of candy in my bag and nothing was said.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What are the chances Disney does "Christmas in July" in order to sell more event party nights?

It seems to be becoming more of a thing, so I'd say odds are better than 50/50 that it could happen. They've probably already had internal discussions on how they could make it work in the parks. That said, Christmas in July is not my cup of tea.

dddisney

We're trying to get a picture with the 7 Dwarfs. It seems that everyone says to get in line for them super early. I was wondering if there is any chance that their line would be doable towards the end of the party?

Biff215

How bad do you guys think fridays are going to be? I’m trying to decide between sept 29th or the previous Tuesday.
Personally I would always choose Tuesday assuming a Friday would draw more locals, but you never know of course. Also the further you are from Halloween is likely better. Weather will obviously affect “day of” sales some as well. Just my two cents!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m curious, where would you put it? Fantasyland mini-land, or full fledged land in DHS?

An actual dark ride, not a layover, is an idea waiting to happen.
DHS. All the way.

Yeah, definitely DHS. Even though it could also go NE of Fantasyland, I'm on a tear about not putting anything more in MK until the other 3 gates are fully fleshed out.

Starting with TSL you transition to Toy Land and then Santa's Workshop by going around back (or through) Little Mermaid and Launch Bay until you get to RnRC rethemed to Jack Skellington's Slay Ride and ToT rethemed to Halloween Land hauntedness. Throw in a giant indoor bobsled ride.

FigmentForver96

Yeah, definitely DHS. Even though it could also go NE of Fantasyland, I'm on a tear about not putting anything more in MK until the other 3 gates are fully fleshed out.

Starting with TSL you transition to Toy Land and then Santa's Workshop by going around back (or through) Little Mermaid and Launch Bay until you get to RnRC rethemed to Jack Skellington's Slay Ride and ToT rethemed to Halloween Land hauntedness. Throw in a giant indoor bobsled ride.
TOT is not to be touched...ever. They’ve proven incapable of throwing another theme over the tower

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
TOT is not to be touched...ever. They’ve proven incapable of throwing another theme over the tower

Yeah, whatever. Despite the hate of a few on these forums, the M:B overlay was relatively well-received by guests. And the great rallying cry of "it doesn't fit" will soon be over once the superhero land is built around it.

The Earful Tower is gone. Mr. Toad is gone. The Great Movie Ride is gone. Things change. The writing's on the wall: ToT and RnRC will be eventually rethemed with established Disney property. The fact that CBS is reviving Twilight Zone makes its demise in the Disneyverse all that more certain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom