'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

TheOrangeBird01

Currently watching a live stream of it, and besides the texting this is great!

Edit: Okay, even with the texting that was amazing. My favourite part was that they used only CLASSIC, timeless characters (Toy Story is the exception, but they were totally fine) which shows they don't have to rely on Bob Iger era movies to get people to watch. Heck, Clarabelle had an entire segment! Loved every minute of it.

Last edited:

No Name

I watched a video online and found Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire: Christmas Edition to be pretty much as I expected.

I like it about as much as the daytime MRFF. Of course I would've prefered something more original. Christmas season is a time of joy, and while this is a happy show, it does not have any key moments. Joy is created through darkness.* Because there is no overcoming of some conflict, no plot, no climax and resolution, etc., the tone feels awfully even throughout, and there are no big "oh my, yay!" moments.

However, I actually do think this is an improvement over Celebrate the Season simply because it flows and moves along better.

*yeah I know, you're gonna tell me that there is darkness because it's nighttime. Haha. Hilarious.

Jedi14

The Fantasyland characters seem shoehorned in the show. It seems like it could have just been a Chip and Dale part and they could have added Clarice for another classic character.

jrhwdw

The Fantasyland characters seem shoehorned in the show. It seems like it could have just been a Chip and Dale part and they could have added Clarice for another classic character.
Every few years, random characters were in TDL's Christmas Shows, nothing worng with that! :)

brb1006

I watched a video online and found Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire: Christmas Edition to be pretty much as I expected.

I like it about as much as the daytime MRFF. Of course I would've prefered something more original. Christmas season is a time of joy, and while this is a happy show, it does not have any key moments. Joy is created through darkness.* Because there is no overcoming of some conflict, no plot, no climax and resolution, etc., the tone feels awfully even throughout, and there are no big "oh my, yay!" moments.

However, I actually do think this is an improvement over Celebrate the Season simply because it flows and moves along better.

*yeah I know, you're gonna tell me that there is darkness because it's nighttime. Haha. Hilarious.
The music makes for it though

brb1006

Clarice could had done a great cover of "Baby It's Cold Outside" along with the male singer.

Jedi14

I may be putting to much thought into this, but if the texted all the characters that were in the show, does that mean that Minnie texted Chip and Dale and they brought the Fantasyland characters, or did the fantasyland characters all get phones?

brb1006

I may be putting to much thought into this, but if the texted all the characters that were in the show, does that mean that Minnie texted Chip and Dale and they brought the Fantasyland characters, or did the fantasyland characters all get phones?
Could had been worse.

brb1006

I tried watching it but it's freaking 11/7. Election Day is tomorrow. Thanksgiving is several weeks away. It looked good but when I heard Christmas music, well, I had to stop the video.
047.jpg

ToTBellHop

The texting song is awful and needs to go. Otherwise, a lot of similarities with Spelltacular with less drama. Invite guests to a party to perform songs? Check. Use Castle projectors? Check. Finish with a song that the grown ups will remember from an early '90s movie? Check. Live vocalists? Check.

Same pacing and general flow, just a less compelling story and no Sanderson Sisters. Spelltacular seems better (with the qualifier that I've seen Spelltacular live and this show online only) but this is still an upgrade.

brb1006

The texting song is awful and needs to go. Otherwise, a lot of similarities with Spelltacular with less drama. Invite guests to a party to perform songs? Check. Use Castle projectors? Check. Finish with a song that the grown ups will remember from an early '90s movie? Check. Live vocalists? Check.

Same pacing and general flow, just a less compelling story and no Sanderson Sisters. Spelltacular seems better (with the qualifier that I've seen Spelltacular live and this show online only) but this is still an upgrade.
I have to admit, I love the songs in the show but the Texting song felt a bit forced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom