'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

Disney Analyst

Yeah, who ever heard of writing a song based on new and novel methods of communication?

I think it's just more the context. I'm all for artistic license and creativity, using what's around us to create... but those characters don't fit "texting" ... it's come across as vain, juvenile, and force. These classic Disney characters are timeless, they have a dated yet current feel to them. Having them sing about texting just seems so out of place. It seems out of character.

Matt_Black

I think it's just more the context. I'm all for artistic license and creativity, using what's around us to create... but those characters don't fit "texting" ... it's come across as vain, juvenile, and force. These classic Disney characters are timeless, they have a dated yet current feel to them. Having them sing about texting just seems so out of place. It seems out of character.

Mickey_Mouse_Disco79.jpg

tathompson87

IMG_0261.JPG

And let's not forget about this gem when Mickey and friends were rapping to 90s hip hop songs lol. So I'm ok with the texting song. I love the use of so many characters and not needing to have a storyline for every show. I'm also enjoying seeing so many new articulated characters as well (Just would like some consistency on meet and greets and shows) I like the show overall though.

21stamps

View attachment 173981
And let's not forget about this gem when Mickey and friends were rapping to 90s hip hop songs lol. So I'm ok with the texting song. I love the use of so many characters and not needing to have a storyline for every show. I'm also enjoying seeing so many new articulated characters as well (Just would like some consistency on meet and greets and shows) I like the show overall though.
Ha ha ha!! I didn't even know this existed.

dhslxop

I agree, I don't think Disney characters singing about current trends is new.
I had a Mickey Mouse Jazzersize record (as in vinyl) when I was a kid. It came with a booklet of exercises. Loved it!
Does anyone else remember that?

And don't forget about "D.U.D.E." the talking/rapping computer from the Mickey's Starland Show - they've definitely referenced current trends before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom