'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

Sped2424

Thank you :) I really wasn't sure if or what other shows did it so thank you for posting this
Heck in the hocus pocus spelltacular oogie boogie is a recorded track while everyone else is live.This is something that is done everywhere so having peter and snow live vs mickey and co would work.

jrhwdw

IDK how they got it but the site that shall not be named has a wonderful description of this!
Sounds great! If the level of this falls between CTS and Sparkling Christmas Spectacular, I'll be very Happy!(IDK if they do a Sparkling Christmas Spectacular with the current stage pieces. I'm assuming DAWM's Stage pieces are coming back for MRFF? it was in the concept art (before they re did the stage))

So..3 new Castle shows in 14 months, NOT BAD TDO/MK!!!

jrhwdw

They REALLY Missed a golden opportunity for a Nightmare Before Christmas Castle stage show.......I'm Just saying...
Oh yes, they REALLY missed that opportunity:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
With MK's History of Christmas shows!?!?!?!?!
Sometimes, this site scares me!!

Even if Nightmare Before Christmas was way popular in Japan, I don't even think TDL would go there for a Christmas Castle show, and they were doing Castle Christmas Spectaculars longer than MK!

CTS was very good, but not an Christmas Spectacular. Too bad they cut the Winter number when Cinderellabration and the new stage came.

Last edited:

Kman101

I really loved Celebrate the Season (mostly the opening number, but it's a great show), but it's time. It's past time, but it's time. I'm glad all the castle stage shows are getting long overdue refreshes.

With how well done the Hocus Pocus show was, I have hopes for this one, too (it would be a shame to get a lesser show than Celebrate the Season). And the Friendship Faire. Though they're starting to stretch it a bit on the naming of these things ...

With the change in shows (again, that are long overdue), is it also about saving on characters and performers? I'm curious to see if there's less, or more. It's nice that they're using the Pinocchio and Alice characters in this one. That's a pleasant surprise. Variety is nice, that's why I get on them about character meets. I'm not going to wait in line but there needs to be a variety ...

At least those paying the $20 increase in price of some of the tickets for the Christmas party will be getting a new castle show. I've enjoyed the holiday parties but when I could see the same show in 2006 that I can see in 2015, we have a problem. I noticed it was time for some updates. The parades are great and I don't want a complete change out, but it's time for some new floats and some updates. I know they swap characters and cut things (do they ever ADD anymore?), but the parades are overdue as well.

brb1006

Auditions are now posted, confirming that there will be live vocalists for this show!
After seeing Mickey's Royal Fantasy Faire, I'm curious to see what's in store for the new Christmas show at MK this winter. Could this be the first time we might get an accelerated Pinocchio?

gsimpson

"Most Merriest"? Is it unreasonable for me to hope for correct grammar in the title of a show?

I really dislike intentionally butchering the language. It tells kids (you know, the ones the park is supposedly for, that it is OK to speak like an illiterate moron. Way to set a good example! Now if they can just find a way to put a backwards 'N' in or around the title...

No Name

It sounds like a Christmas version of the new Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

I've never seen the previous Christmas stage show, but I watched a video. Unlike Dream Along with Mickey, there was nothing that I really loved about it. Nothing in particular stood out to me. Maybe that would be different in person, but I don't think so.

My point is, I think this new show very much has the potential to be an improvement.

brb1006

It sounds like a Christmas version of the new Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

I've never seen the previous Christmas stage show, but I watched a video. Unlike Dream Along with Mickey, there was nothing that I really loved about it. Nothing in particular stood out to me. Maybe that would be different in person, but I don't think so.

My point is, I think this new show very much has the potential to be an improvement.
Who knows it might end up like last year's new Halloween show. So I'm curious to see some concept art for the show later this fall.

Matt_Black

I really dislike intentionally butchering the language. It tells kids (you know, the ones the park is supposedly for, that it is OK to speak like an illiterate moron. Way to set a good example! Now if they can just find a way to put a backwards 'N' in or around the title...

Language evolves. It is not static. The English language in particular is a Frankensteinian hodge-podge of borrowed words and arbitrary rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom