'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

VJ

Why do people get so upset over the recycling of musical scores from other Disney parks? :bored:
I personally see it as lazy, but that's just me. It was implemented well in Dream Along with Mickey (95%, if not all, of the show audio is recycled from various Tokyo Disneyland shows, re-recorded in English), not so well in Disney Dreams Come True Parade where the audio that wasn't taken from Disney's Dreams on Parade: Moving On in Tokyo felt cheap and rushed.

ToTBellHop

If saving a few bucks on some audio means we get other great aspects like costumes, props, lighting etc then I don't really see the issue. Its not laziness, its just smart thinking.
I agree, as long as the music works. Using the Wishes music in Remember...Dreams Come True felt forced to me as that music didn't really jive with the rest of the show. Ideally, you wouldn't know the music was reused unless you were a serious fan.

brb1006

I personally see it as lazy, but that's just me. It was implemented well in Dream Along with Mickey (95%, if not all, of the show audio is recycled from various Tokyo Disneyland shows, re-recorded in English), not so well in Disney Dreams Come True Parade where the audio that wasn't taken from Disney's Dreams on Parade: Moving On in Tokyo felt cheap and rushed.
The original Tokyo version was alot more energetic with the music.

brb1006

If saving a few bucks on some audio means we get other great aspects like costumes, props, lighting etc then I don't really see the issue. Its not laziness, its just smart thinking.
But what about the reuse of the Dreamlights music for MSEP? The Dreamlights version is superior since the version used for MSEP was different. Most notable for the Pete's Dragon unit which had more beats.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to live singing. At least, I'm presuming as much since there were audition for singers for this.

I'm guessing since Hocus Pocus stage show was a big success, they'll try to recreate that formula only in a more secular Christmasy way.

tathompson87

Just saw some artwork for the show on instagram and along with the characters already mentioned it had the 3 Caballeros and Clarabelle Cow. I wonder if they'd be articulated...

tathompson87

Capture+_2016-11-07-14-18-00.png
I know it's hard to tell but Clarabelle is standing beside Daisy front left. The 3 Caballeros are standing on the green box on the right. Someone in the show just confirmed to me that there will be at least 1 new articulated character in the show but wouldn't say which character! Guess we'll find out tonight.

***Update he just sent me 3 emojis. A dog, a cow and a chicken. Pluto, Clarabelle and the 3 Caballeros!?!?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom