Michael Jackson

21stamps

Yeah, I had a similar reaction and generally don't really know enough about Dan Reed to have an opinion. The second tweet, I think, references and interview with Piers Morgan on British breakfast tv recently where Morgan was basically suggesting we can't prove Jackson did anything.

That comment about Culkin and Barnes, though, seems really uncalled for. He is telling us to believe Robson and Safechuck and then strongly implying we should not take Culkin and Barnes at their word. Seems a bit wrong and hurtful to me.

Showing off a bootleg copy seemed a bit off to me. I don’t know much about him, but in the initial interviews, including Oprah, he’s passing himself off someone who thinks this is such a serious issue, which of course it is.
So why keep making light of it?

Now today he’s calling MJ’s niece a liar (she was dating Wade Robson as young teens and teens, fixed up by MJ apparently), previously posted a horrible tweet of a photoshopped photo of MJ’s nephew, Taj (which he did delete)... retweeted an insult against Corey Feldman..just all around creepy guy who appears way too interested in fame and controversy, and lashing out at other people.

Scrooged

*MJ was given more leeway than James Gunn, that's for sure.

Keep in mind MJ was less vocal about politics whereas James Gunn is an openly liberal person. I think that plays a part in his situation.

As for EO, I remember seeing it when it came back years ago at Epcot and my friends all made fun of it through the show. It was very strange to see it return after the events that had transpired. It will be hard to separate the artist and music.

As for the Dan Reed stuff, I think he’s fishing for hits rather than trying to have a legit discussion. It seems a little bit too much to me.

21stamps

Keep in mind MJ was less vocal about politics
He did use his music to address many issues from AIDS to the environment, to war, and racism. I think that was very important to him...he just didn’t go on an on all of the time... and No Twitter.

I do think the Ryan White friendship was a huge statement to the world.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't get it. How did Jackson's use his appearance in that episode (it was much more than a cameo) as a tool to groom boys?
Ask the creator of the episode. The guy who’s quote that is. The way I read it is, MJ used the fact that he was a simpsons character to indoctrinate himself to these kids.

21stamps

You have a problem with this somehow?

Jussie Smollet shed light on how easily people will eat something up, how an absense of critical thinking has completely taken over society.. a need to show “wokeness” is above anything else.

So yeah, I have a problem with the Simpsons guy suddenly saying ‘ based on a one sided documentary, I think we should burn an episode, because...grooming. ‘

Come on.

21stamps

I wish you wouldn't conflate everything in this way. It's unnecessary and insulting.

It is very necessary given that we all just witnessed what happened.

It’s not about “victims shouldn’t come forward” or other such nonsense, it’s about people using critical thinking when hearing or viewing something.. thinking about an entire situation, not just a tiny snapshot.. and especially thinking about what someone has to gain in the situation.

Sir_Cliff

Original Poster
Ask the creator of the episode. The guy who’s quote that is. The way I read it is, MJ used the fact that he was a simpsons character to indoctrinate himself to these kids.
But he admits that he doesn't know that, he is just supposing that Jackson used the episode for that reason. From my reading, he knows as much as you or I do whether that actually happened.

21stamps

Ask Mike Pressler and his (former) Duke lacrosse team if all allegations should be automatically believed as fact.

Accusations are serious, but they can not and should not be unequivocally believed. There is a line between “hear all victims” and “destroy lives based on an alleged victim’s story alone”.
There must be that line.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Any "adverts" of this type should be removed. I would say the same if they were branding him a paedophile. Public transport is not the place to have this debate out.

21stamps

Any "adverts" of this type should be removed. I would say the same if they were branding him a paedophile. Public transport is not the place to have this debate out.

I think the bus thing is weird, but I can’t completely condemn it.
The documentary and subsequent media and print appearances are getting pushed in everyone’s face, couple that with the music banning and something like The Simpsons, it’s understandable that people are taking drastic measures to defend his legacy.

There is a reason for investigations and trials.. they’re not always perfect, but it’s not ok to suddenly pretend like an allegation is equal to truth. You want to pretend that victims won’t speak out because of this? That everyone should be believed no matter what? Go ahead, but think hard about where this road could lead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom