Michael Jackson

LittleBuford

No, both are not valid when we’re talking about removing his music from the airwaves, or the Cirque show, or not moving forward with the Broadway show.
How can you even say that? A verdict of Guilt isn’t “well, we don’t know”. This is the outrage culture I refer to, the people who believe that not knowing is the same as “guilty!”.

I've not said his music should be removed from the airwaves or that any shows should be cancelled. All I've said is that 1) I believe the accusers, and 2) I myself won't be listening to his music again. That still hasn't spared me your wrath and pontification.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I've not said his music should be removed from the airwaves or that any shows should be cancelled. All I've said is that 1) I believe the accusers, and 2) I myself won't be listening to his music again. That still hasn't spared me your wrath and pontification.
There is no escape from that wrath and pontification sir. You can run but you cant hide.

21stamps

Read back thru the thread.. I’ve been extremely clear on what my “wrath” is directed towards. Canceling his music, and false statements.

21stamps

@LittleBuford if it makes you feel better, one of my good friends used my favorite emoji back on me, in response to a Facebook post of mine. (They don’t even know it’s my favorite emoji lol)

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Scrooged

I really don't have anything to add to any of this anymore. This thread has devolved from a discussion about the cultural impact of Jackson Vs. the current public perception of the man himself and into a "because you believe this you are wrong" thread. I've backed up what I've had to say, and I'm out. have fun in the circular firing squad everyone.

Sir_Cliff

Original Poster
I really don't have anything to add to any of this anymore. This thread has devolved from a discussion about the cultural impact of Jackson Vs. the current public perception of the man himself and into a "because you believe this you are wrong" thread. I've backed up what I've had to say, and I'm out. have fun in the circular firing squad everyone.
Yeah, I gotta say, this really got out of hand very quickly!

21stamps

What are people’s thoughts on Dan Reed?

He’s tweeting some very odd posts, deleting some of them. Appears so smug in interviews, basically accusing some of the boys (now adults) of being liars.

Is it for publicity? Or is it a little strange?

I’m not talking about thoughts on MJ’s innocence right now, strictly on Dan Reed’s behavior.

LittleBuford

What are people’s thoughts on Dan Reed?

He’s tweeting some very odd posts, deleting some of them. Appears so smug in interviews, basically accusing some of the boys (now adults) of being liars.

Is it for publicity? Or is it a little strange?

I’m not talking about thoughts on MJ’s innocence right now, strictly on Dan Reed’s behavior.

Can you provide links to the tweets and comments you're talking about?

21stamps

Can you provide links to the tweets and comments you're talking about?

I gave it some serious thought," Reed told Business Insider. "In the end I knew that Macaulay and Brett had made statements consistently rebutting allegations that were made. I'm not in the business of outing anyone. I think we make it very clear in the film that they deny to this day that anything sexual happened and I'm not about to try to change their minds about that."

I don't want to push Macaulay or Brett to admit anything they don't want to admit, or confront anything they don't want to confront right now," he said

LittleBuford

I gave it some serious thought," Reed told Business Insider. "In the end I knew that Macaulay and Brett had made statements consistently rebutting allegations that were made. I'm not in the business of outing anyone. I think we make it very clear in the film that they deny to this day that anything sexual happened and I'm not about to try to change their minds about that."

I don't want to push Macaulay or Brett to admit anything they don't want to admit, or confront anything they don't want to confront right now," he said

The first tweet is crass and uncalled for, the second I don't really get, and the third seems innocuous.

As for Culkin and Barnes, he should leave them out of it entirely.

The Empress Lilly

This doc didn’t change my feelings about the child molester one bit. You can search my post history if you want, I’ve had it out more then once with regards to the child molester being represented in Disney parks. It makes me sick, and always did. This isn’t outrage culture, it’s anti child toucher culture.
I remember that after MJ's death the issue of replaying EO in Disney parks came up. Iger asked to be shown the case against MJ - for personal and or PR reasons he didn't want 'Disney' to be associated with a paedophile.* Apparantly he was shocked by what his legal team showed him. Nevertheless, EO did return to three parks. Indifference, or a conclusion that no decisive evidence had been produced? Maybe a slight wish to not see what is right in front of you out of expediency?

I shall admit I saw EO again, out of EPCOT nostalgia. Once. I think it was around this time Raven had made me doubt his guilt - up until then I hoped he was burning in hell and wouldn't have gone see it. Seeing EO made me feel very uneasy. I for one do not think the art and artist can be separated.

*MJ was given more leeway than James Gunn, that's for sure.

Sir_Cliff

Original Poster
The first tweet is crass and uncalled for, the second I don't really get, and the third seems innocuous.

As for Culkin and Barnes, he should leave them out of it entirely.
Yeah, I had a similar reaction and generally don't really know enough about Dan Reed to have an opinion. The second tweet, I think, references and interview with Piers Morgan on British breakfast tv recently where Morgan was basically suggesting we can't prove Jackson did anything.

That comment about Culkin and Barnes, though, seems really uncalled for. He is telling us to believe Robson and Safechuck and then strongly implying we should not take Culkin and Barnes at their word. Seems a bit wrong and hurtful to me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom