MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes. We can continue to criticize Ed Snider for having Paul Holmgren as GM of the Flyers and the abysmal failings of roster and cap management in the past few years yet we still love the team.

For those questioning the relevance... The Philadelphia Flyers are owned by Comcast which owns NBC/Universal and those theme parks.
Criticizing Snider for keeping Holmgren around is like criticizing Stitches Great Escape. Nobody will disagree with you.;). The Flyers are playing better lately and it could be worse, I could be an Islanders fan.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We're not talking about Disney in some higher level sense. We're talking a majority of front line Cast Members getting access to where you will be throughout the day as well as profiles of everybody in your family.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of concern about the greater data mining aspects of the program, but this is the one area that doesn't sit well with me. Too many front line CMs with too much info for my liking. I kept an eye out for the CMs with iPads on my recent trip and it didn't seem as wide spread as originally reported. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of people with them walking around, but it's not every CM.

WDWDad13

I know I have in multiple transactions and it was not optional, If you have an AP or Premier Passport they scan drivers license magstripe which INCLUDES SSN as part of 'Real ID'

WHAT?!? The magnetic strip on the back ONLY contains the same information that is on the front (like when some places make a photo copy of it, same thing). C'mon now...we're trying every way in the world to find a reason magic bands are bad I know but we are assuming too much and making things up

WDWDad13

Since you are so unconcerned I recommend that you post your name, SSN, CC#, Income, Employer, DOB, Mothers maiden name, Address and all phone numbers on a internet accessible bulletin board somewhere in Bulgaria and watch the goodness flow.

Oh I didn't realize our magic band "info" ended up there....must be a new feature made up like the rest of this butterbeer goop

ABQ

I know I have in multiple transactions and it was not optional, If you have an AP or Premier Passport they scan drivers license magstripe which INCLUDES SSN as part of 'Real ID'
what what? I have an AP and though they may have used some slight of hand, I do not recall them ever swiping my driver's license. Yes, they did look at it, but never swiped it.

PhotoDave219

Honestly, I don't have a lot of concern about the greater data mining aspects of the program, but this is the one area that doesn't sit well with me. Too many front line CMs with too much info for my liking. I kept an eye out for the CMs with iPads on my recent trip and it didn't seem as wide spread as originally reported. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of people with them walking around, but it's not every CM.

Its the lack of disclosure and transparency that I'm concerned with. Lest they risk further negative publicity.

WDWDad13

Wow some people are just gonna be negative on the magic band thing and try to grasp for every straw they can and make up ridiculous theories to try to make a case. I just find it so ironic in today's world with all the extreme data gathering going on as even we type on this message board we're worried about DISNEY knowing our vacation details IN THEIR PARKS

For those of you who feel they are in danger, don't go....six flags, sea world, and uni are open for business and you may feel safer there....Disney will be just fine contrary to those thinking they'll be closing it's doors soon as uni takes over the theme park world

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Real ID should not contain your SSN. The magstrip/barcode can contain a unique identifier that only has to be unique to the state level but this number cannot be the person's SSN.

Actually, after reading the Real ID specifications a little closer I withdraw this statement, it does leave the door open to having the SSN in the magstripe/barcode, just not in plain readable text.

Last edited:

WDWDad13

Every owner who financed DVC and every CM. Not an insignificant percentage of guest attendance.

ok so let's say every DVC owner who purchased through Disney and every CM who works for Disney has given them a SS#. How does this make us concerned about MM+ though?

Cesar R M

Since you are so unconcerned I recommend that you post your name, SSN, CC#, Income, Employer, DOB, Mothers maiden name, Address and all phone numbers on a internet accessible bulletin board somewhere in Bulgaria and watch the goodness flow.

Imho, I'm worried more of the nigerian scammers ;)

Also.. for SCIENCE he should also post his socks and underwear colors.. because eeeey! nothing to worry! XD

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wow some people are just gonna be negative on the magic band thing and try to grasp for every straw they can and make up ridiculous theories to try to make a case. I just find it so ironic in today's world with all the extreme data gathering going on as even we type on this message board we're worried about DISNEY knowing our vacation details IN THEIR PARKS

For those of you who feel they are in danger, don't go....six flags, sea world, and uni are open for business and you may feel safer there....Disney will be just fine contrary to those thinking they'll be closing it's doors soon as uni takes over the theme park world
It's really quite simple. "Friends don't spy; true friendship is about privacy, too." - Stephen King.

Cesar R M

"Friends don't spy; true friendship is about privacy, too."

It's really quite simple. "Friends don't spy; true friendship is about privacy, too." - Stephen King.
hilarity, because we live in a world where worldwide allies spy on themselves and everyone shrugs.

its like they are all sitting in a fancy tablet, hugging themselves (while under the tablet, hidden from everyone's view.. they're actually kicking each other as hard they can)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Real ID should not contain your SSN. The magstrip/barcode can contain a unique identifier that only has to be unique to the state level but this number cannot be the person's SSN.

Actually, after reading the Real ID specifications a little closer I withdraw this statement, it does leave the door open to having the SSN in the magstripe/barcode, just not in plain readable text.

Correct our state REQUIRES a SSN or TIN and it is indeed in the magstripe data on track 3 or field DBK in the barcode.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Its the lack of disclosure and transparency that I'm concerned with. Lest they risk further negative publicity.

Precisely - IF Disney stated WHO had access to each piece of PII that they collected and how it would be used I would not be so concerned. As for Disney proprietary data like attractions visited etc - all they need to do in my book is state that they are indeed collecting this information and who they are sharing with.

WDWDad13

Precisely - IF Disney stated WHO had access to each piece of PII that they collected and how it would be used I would not be so concerned. As for Disney proprietary data like attractions visited etc - all they need to do in my book is state that they are indeed collecting this information and who they are sharing with.

but why are we so scared? seriously? think of all the places we enter, write down, type, etc. our names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or take it a step further give our credit card numbers, hand our credit cards to waiters/waitresses, etc. etc.

what makes some so scared that a CM at the Disney/Magic Kingdom emporium might do some criminal act that they couldn't do today if they really wanted to

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
what what? I have an AP and though they may have used some slight of hand, I do not recall them ever swiping my driver's license. Yes, they did look at it, but never swiped it.

They only swipe if the barcode scan fails as far as I know and I call a scan a swipe as same data is being collected, The barcode/magstripe data also contains checksum data which allows Disney to confirm that the license is real.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
but why are we so scared? seriously? think of all the places we enter, write down, type, etc. our names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or take it a step further give our credit card numbers, hand our credit cards to waiters/waitresses, etc. etc.

what makes some so scared that a CM at the Disney/Magic Kingdom emporium might do some criminal act that they couldn't do today if they really wanted to

I bet people are just as concerned about how those places handle our personal information, but this is a Disney message board so we are discussing how Disney handles that information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom